S7 Edge and Facebook Messenger app - unbeliavable LAG

bonq07

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one here that uses Facebook Messenger and find it worse to use with every update?

I know that app is big, it uses a lot of resources but... I've got all the resources, come on it's S7e.

Sometimes I need to wait couple of secodns to load chathead... I uninstalled and installed it again, rebooted the phone, cleaned cache, cleaned RAM. It just bad coding or my phone is somehow worse than others?

bonq07

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Did you experienced it just recently? Does rebooting your phone solves this issue?

I'm experiencing this kind of issues with chatheads and messenger since i've got myself a S7e.
There are times it's getting worse (like on the vid) or better ( there are times with no issue).
Another issues with messenger- getting back from conversation to conversations list need couple of "back button" hits, sometimes when I click on specific conversation it just receive my click (by shadowing this conversation line) and not going into it, it does after another try.

Rebooting my phone doesn't help.

After turning off the layer with chatheads everything is getting smoother but still - I want to use all features I pay for - its flagship device after all.

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing this kind of issues with chatheads and messenger since i've got myself a S7e.
There are times it's getting worse (like on the vid) or better ( there are times with no issue).
Another issues with messenger- getting back from conversation to conversations list need couple of "back button" hits, sometimes when I click on specific conversation it just receive my click (by shadowing this conversation line) and not going into it, it does after another try.

Rebooting my phone doesn't help.

After turning off the layer with chatheads everything is getting smoother but still - I want to use all features I pay for - its flagship device after all.

I think its an isolated case in your part, possible conflict with other apps you have. I have never experienced it on my 3 samsung phones S7E, S6 and A5 and fb messenger is probably my most used app.

I do suggest trying any of these out if it helps resolves your issue:
1. Do you happen to install it on your SD card storage by manually moving it? If so, reinstall it on your phone memory or internal storage
2. Use smart manager (Built in) to scan your device and do a Ram cleanup
3. Wipe cache partition
4. Last resort: Factory reset (Dont restore your backup and try installing only FB messnger and monitor if same problem occur)
5. Worst scenario is you have a failing hardware, after doing all these then if your device is still in warranty then you may want to have it checked/replaced by Sammy.

WickedGod

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I've got the same problem as you do and one of my friends aswell with s7E has the same problem idk what is wrong with messenger since the last update with stories and things like that it went mad mode

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Facebook and Messenger took my phone from 100% to 15% in 3 hours. This just started today..100% CPU usage. I tried force stopping and rebooting with no affect. I uninstalled both Facebook and Messenger and things are starting to settle down. Apparently this is widespread based on Google searches.

exartclubmember

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Am I the only one here that uses Facebook Messenger and find it worse to use with every update?

I know that app is big, it uses a lot of resources but... I've got all the resources, come on it's S7e.

Sometimes I need to wait couple of secodns to load chathead... I uninstalled and installed it again, rebooted the phone, cleaned cache, cleaned RAM. It just bad coding or my phone is somehow worse than others?
https://youtu.be/t7vv7CCkkXg

This is also happening to me. Ever since the newest update came out, the messenger app has started to drain my battery a TON and it lags like yours. It also doesn't let me send any pictures I have saved on my phone, when I tap the option it just says "loading media" forever. I use an S7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel