HI,

I got a S7 Edge 7 months ago and was blown away by it. It seems like in the last couple months though that the battery life has decreased. When I first got it it was about a day and a half with moderate usage and now it is around a day. And yes, I've disabled apps, did the battery saver stuff, etc...

I've had a iPhone 6 plus before and the battery life was almost a 2 day phone with my usage. I've read reviews that the S7 Edge has better battery life than the 6 plus, but that is not what I've seen in my usage.

So just seeing if my battery life checks with what other people are seeing? Also two specific questions:

1. Does chrome drain battery excessively? I have a Surface Pro 4 and switching to firefox basically doubled the battery life.

2. Have Verizon updates over the last few months affected the battery life? It seemed to decrease about 2 months ago.

Thanks
    11-16-2016 05:54 AM
    HI,

I got a S7 Edge 7 months ago and was blown away by it. It seems like in the last couple months though that the battery life has decreased. When I first got it it was about a day and a half with moderate usage and now it is around a day. And yes, I've disabled apps, did the battery saver stuff, etc...

I've had a iPhone 6 plus before and the battery life was almost a 2 day phone with my usage. I've read reviews that the S7 Edge has better battery life than the 6 plus, but that is not what I've seen in my usage.

So just seeing if my battery life checks with what other people are seeing? Also two specific questions:

1. Does chrome drain battery excessively? I have a Surface Pro 4 and switching to firefox basically doubled the battery life.

2. Have Verizon updates over the last few months affected the battery life? It seemed to decrease about 2 months ago.

Thanks
    11-16-2016 06:02 AM
    I have an unlocked s7 edge in the UK and one of the earlier updates definitely decreased battery life. Android system usage went up significantly and the battery was never as good as when I first bought the phone. I just got used to it.

Using the nougat beta, things are looking positive that battery life may be a little better again
    11-16-2016 06:26 AM
    HI,

Thanks
    I've had mine since launch. No issues. Gets me through a whole day of moderate to heavy use with at least 35% at bedtime. As far as chrome goes, I've read where some users report it being a battery hog. I use cm launcher. Very lightweight.
    11-16-2016 06:47 AM
    Worse with every update, no way could I get through a full day with even light use now. Ordered a 7 plus the other day it's got so annoying.
    11-16-2016 07:16 AM
    well... 7 months is unlikely to have degraded the amount of charge the phone can hold, especially based on your usage patterns... About the only way you'd see degradation in this amount of time is if you are constantly running the thing down until it turns itself off... other than that, it's a software issue.Assuming your usage patterns haven't changed much... like all of a sudden you are playing VainGlory all the time... it's hard to figure out what's going on. Do you have any battery tools installed? Apps like GSAM or Battery Monitor Widget? Those sometimes point to patterns you don't see with the stock tools.Have you done a factory reset at any point? Finding the battery-draining needle in the haystack is often near impossible and a full flush is the best choice.
    belodion likes this.
    11-16-2016 07:27 AM