Will a small dust particle damage the screen?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I promise that this is my last thread about screen protectors (I simply have OCD about it).

I applied my last Yootech protector and don't plan to buy anymore (firstly, money and secondly, i don't want to stress about it anymore). Luckily, the protector was applied well and without any bubbles but with one exception - a small particle trapped beneath (shown in the picture below). Do you think the particle will damage the screen in the long run and ultimately cause it to fail if I occasionally press or slide my finger there? I mean, it can't move from this position, but can it cause a fatal scratch or something? I really want to keep the protector like that and not change it so PLEASE don't advise me to buy a new one...

Thank you.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    705.5 KB · Views: 25

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on what that speck is... if it's good ol' dust (meaning its skin), you most likely are safe. But if it's something hard, like a grain of quartz, that's bad news since it'll sort of grind its way into the glass over time.That looks like regular dust, which is pretty soft and shouldn't really do any damage. Personally, that would drive me insane and I would have to remove it immediately and deal with the consequences (such as a possible new protector needed). But if you can live with it, the odds are it won't do anything to your screen.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I certainly can live with it, but even if it grinds itself into the screen with time, will it simply cause a scratch, or the whole screen will break and become unusable?

I've already spent quite a lot of stress and money on screen protectors and don't want to do it again. Besides, I want to start using my phone already!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... hard to say. A lot of glass's strength comes from its integrity, any small defect or crack is basically an invitation for a larger failure... anyone that had a small crack in their windshield turn into a giant one can attest to that. So if something did sort of grind its way into the glass, that could weaken the glass to the point where it could fail fairly easily.But that does look like a fleck of dust which, as I mentioned, is most likely just a bit of shed skin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084