This phone is starting to grow on me

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
curious to know why you chose the edge over the Moto Z? For me the main reasons were Samsung pay, the calander (just think the calendar and full screen notifications are the best) , camera, led notification. The sounds and notifications were very soft on the Moto Z. Believe me, I was pretty annoyed with Samsung and wanted to ditch them after the note 7 debacle but in the end came back to them.

The sounds and notifications(LED as well) or lack there of was a big one and I had a lot of issues setting up a messaging app to do what Samsung does out of the box. Also the vibrate was whimpy... while the finger print scanner and screen were awesome it didn't matter, if I can't hear or feel my phone when I get a text message or email then I can't use it.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm totally happy with the Edge. Probably won't change come Spring. After transferring & customizing 3 new phones over 40 days, I'm settled for a while!

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the S7E has had no problem growing on me either.
Do I contemplate getting the next Note-yes. But it all depends on what happens when it comes out and if I can upgrade without it costing a lot. I can't say for sure I will upgrade in 2017 when the next one possibly comes out or when the S8 comes out that is. Do I contemplate? Sure. I miss having the stylus but I've naturally learned to live without an integrated one and use a generic one or even just scrawl with my finger in a pinch. I really like having the edge screen features so I'm happy and therefore would want to stay with this feature anyway. I'm certainly not lacking in anything functional for my needs at this time. The Note 7 was awesome and I miss it but I'm over it at the same time because I had to be and the Edge does what I need it to.

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Had to fire up (ha!) my note 7 today to get the notes off of it before I ship it back to Verizon, since they didn't copy to the edge.
I've been liking the S7 edge just fine, and had mostly forgotten how much better I liked the note.
Now I has a sad...

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Came from a note 7 as well and I really like the s7e now. Great battery life and im not really missing out on anything. I'm glad I didn't jump ship.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm very content with the S7 Edge, I no longer miss my note 7 and my brief euphoria period I had with it. But I do plan on probably going with a note 8 in the fall next year and keeping the s7 as a backup or as a dedicated vr device. I just have to many moments where I really wish I had that darn spen!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Im glad you are starting to like the phone. After the second note 7 recall i didn't think I could get used the more pronounced curve screenand I was prepared to take it back after a few days and just use my note 5, but I got used to it and I'm pretty happy. Of course I'll forever want my N7 back, but this phone will hold me over until the next note.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers