This phone is starting to grow on me

AGC 1906

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm a former Note 7 owner who reluctantly picked up the s7edge as a replacement device. As a first choice I went with a moto z force. Chose it in part because I was disappointed with Samsung and having owned every note except for the 5, I wanted to experience a different brand and feel. I returned the Moto after just one day. It lacked features I had grown accustomed to and left me searching for 3rd party workarounds for customizations. So I "settled" for the edge.
Honestly I saw this phone as a stopgap, something to hold me over until the Note 8 is released. I have to admit I'm happy with this device, happier than I thought I'd be. While slightly smaller than my note I've gotten used working with less real estate. I do miss the s pen but finding not having it is not the end of the world.

I'm still planning on picking up the next note as I love what that series offers, but I'm satisfied with my edge until then. I'm still hoping the note 7 UI software gets pushed to the s7edge.

Wondering if the s7edge has so grown on other former Note 7 owners? Anyone considering bypassing the next note and keeping their s7edge?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It is growing on me as well but I am definitely going to the S8 and/or S Note 8 whatever they call it in the spring / summer. I was back and forth between the 7 Edge and the v20 and the 7 Edge is the best according to me

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't notice the difference as much as when I first got it. However, it would grow on me a little more if I had the Nougat beta.

I miss the smaller form factor of the Note7 and the camera. The S7E just doesn't seem as spectacular in comparison.
The screen on the Note7 seemed better as well. But, as time goes on, you don't compare as much.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not unhappy with the 7 Edge, but I'm definitely going back to the Note when it's available. The 7 Edge is a very good phone and I think that the biggest pleasant surprise for me was the battery life. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm experiencing excellent battery life with the 7 Edge.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It is growing on me as well but I am definitely going to the S8 and/or S Note 8 whatever they call it in the spring / summer. I was back and forth between the 7 Edge and the v20 and the 7 Edge is the best according to me

Wait, you're back on the Edge now?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't notice the difference as much as when I first got it. However, it would grow on me a little more if I had the Nougat beta.

I miss the smaller form factor of the Note7 and the camera. The S7E just doesn't seem as spectacular in comparison.
The screen on the Note7 seemed better as well. But, as time goes on, you don't compare as much.
Isn't camera the same?

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm a former Note 7 owner who reluctantly picked up the s7edge as a replacement device. As a first choice I went with a moto z force. Chose it in part because I was disappointed with Samsung and having owned every note except for the 5, I wanted to experience a different brand and feel. I returned the Moto after just one day. It lacked features I had grown accustomed to and left me searching for 3rd party workarounds for customizations. So I "settled" for the edge.
Honestly I saw this phone as a stopgap, something to hold me over until the Note 8 is released. I have to admit I'm happy with this device, happier than I thought I'd be. While slightly smaller than my note I've gotten used working with less real estate. I do miss the s pen but finding not having it is not the end of the world.

I'm still planning on picking up the next note as I love what that series offers, but I'm satisfied with my edge until then. I'm still hoping the note 7 UI software gets pushed to the s7edge.

Wondering if the s7edge has so grown on other former Note 7 owners? Anyone considering bypassing the next note and keeping their s7edge?

Did the exact same thing... returned the Z force and grabbed an edge. If it gets the note7 UI then wow ! Really enjoying the edge right now and will be able to take my time when note 8 comes out before buying.
( Yeah I'll grab it without a doubt)

AGC 1906

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Did the exact same thing... returned the Z force and grabbed an edge. If it gets the note7 UI then wow ! Really enjoying the edge right now and will be able to take my time when note 8 comes out before buying.
( Yeah I'll grab it without a doubt)

curious to know why you chose the edge over the Moto Z? For me the main reasons were Samsung pay, the calander (just think the calendar and full screen notifications are the best) , camera, led notification. The sounds and notifications were very soft on the Moto Z. Believe me, I was pretty annoyed with Samsung and wanted to ditch them after the note 7 debacle but in the end came back to them.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been a Samsung fan a long time. Love their phones. Edge has a great camera and beautiful screen, performs excellent. Does it all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12