11-21-2016 08:36 AM
30 12
tools
    I'm a former Note 7 owner who reluctantly picked up the s7edge as a replacement device. As a first choice I went with a moto z force. Chose it in part because I was disappointed with Samsung and having owned every note except for the 5, I wanted to experience a different brand and feel. I returned the Moto after just one day. It lacked features I had grown accustomed to and left me searching for 3rd party workarounds for customizations. So I "settled" for the edge.
    Honestly I saw this phone as a stopgap, something to hold me over until the Note 8 is released. I have to admit I'm happy with this device, happier than I thought I'd be. While slightly smaller than my note I've gotten used working with less real estate. I do miss the s pen but finding not having it is not the end of the world.

I'm still planning on picking up the next note as I love what that series offers, but I'm satisfied with my edge until then. I'm still hoping the note 7 UI software gets pushed to the s7edge.

Wondering if the s7edge has so grown on other former Note 7 owners? Anyone considering bypassing the next note and keeping their s7edge?
    11-17-2016 07:16 AM
    It is growing on me as well but I am definitely going to the S8 and/or S Note 8 whatever they call it in the spring / summer. I was back and forth between the 7 Edge and the v20 and the 7 Edge is the best according to me
    tn_friend likes this.
    11-17-2016 07:32 AM
    If she S8 that comes out in the spring has a 5.7 inch option I may go to that
    11-17-2016 07:32 AM
    I don't notice the difference as much as when I first got it. However, it would grow on me a little more if I had the Nougat beta.

I miss the smaller form factor of the Note7 and the camera. The S7E just doesn't seem as spectacular in comparison.
    The screen on the Note7 seemed better as well. But, as time goes on, you don't compare as much.
    11-17-2016 07:40 AM
    If she S8 that comes out in the spring has a 5.7 inch option I may go to that
    Is that a rumor or a wish?
    11-17-2016 07:48 AM
    I'm not unhappy with the 7 Edge, but I'm definitely going back to the Note when it's available. The 7 Edge is a very good phone and I think that the biggest pleasant surprise for me was the battery life. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm experiencing excellent battery life with the 7 Edge.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    11-17-2016 07:51 AM
    Is that a rumor or a wish?
    Rumors that they have a 5.7 and 6.2" options on the S8. I don't take any of it seriously until the announcement.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    11-17-2016 08:03 AM
    It is growing on me as well but I am definitely going to the S8 and/or S Note 8 whatever they call it in the spring / summer. I was back and forth between the 7 Edge and the v20 and the 7 Edge is the best according to me
    Wait, you're back on the Edge now?
    11-17-2016 08:24 AM
    Wait, you're back on the Edge now?
    Lol. Here to stay. Nothing compares...that is until the S8 comes out.
    msm0511 likes this.
    11-17-2016 08:56 AM
    I came from the note 7 as long. The S7 edge is nice just note the note 7. I'm gonna go back to the note 8, or whatever they gonna call it
    11-17-2016 10:38 AM
    OP, I am so glad that you are loving your Edge device!
    AGC 1906 likes this.
    11-17-2016 10:45 AM
    I don't notice the difference as much as when I first got it. However, it would grow on me a little more if I had the Nougat beta.

I miss the smaller form factor of the Note7 and the camera. The S7E just doesn't seem as spectacular in comparison.
    The screen on the Note7 seemed better as well. But, as time goes on, you don't compare as much.
    Isn't camera the same?
    11-17-2016 04:24 PM
    I'm a former Note 7 owner who reluctantly picked up the s7edge as a replacement device. As a first choice I went with a moto z force. Chose it in part because I was disappointed with Samsung and having owned every note except for the 5, I wanted to experience a different brand and feel. I returned the Moto after just one day. It lacked features I had grown accustomed to and left me searching for 3rd party workarounds for customizations. So I "settled" for the edge.
    Honestly I saw this phone as a stopgap, something to hold me over until the Note 8 is released. I have to admit I'm happy with this device, happier than I thought I'd be. While slightly smaller than my note I've gotten used working with less real estate. I do miss the s pen but finding not having it is not the end of the world.

I'm still planning on picking up the next note as I love what that series offers, but I'm satisfied with my edge until then. I'm still hoping the note 7 UI software gets pushed to the s7edge.

Wondering if the s7edge has so grown on other former Note 7 owners? Anyone considering bypassing the next note and keeping their s7edge?
    Did the exact same thing... returned the Z force and grabbed an edge. If it gets the note7 UI then wow ! Really enjoying the edge right now and will be able to take my time when note 8 comes out before buying.
    ( Yeah I'll grab it without a doubt)
    11-17-2016 06:02 PM
    Did the exact same thing... returned the Z force and grabbed an edge. If it gets the note7 UI then wow ! Really enjoying the edge right now and will be able to take my time when note 8 comes out before buying.
    ( Yeah I'll grab it without a doubt)
    curious to know why you chose the edge over the Moto Z? For me the main reasons were Samsung pay, the calander (just think the calendar and full screen notifications are the best) , camera, led notification. The sounds and notifications were very soft on the Moto Z. Believe me, I was pretty annoyed with Samsung and wanted to ditch them after the note 7 debacle but in the end came back to them.
    11-17-2016 06:49 PM
    I've been a Samsung fan a long time. Love their phones. Edge has a great camera and beautiful screen, performs excellent. Does it all
    11-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Isn't camera the same?
    I know this one is the ISOCELL sensor and my Note7 was a Sony. That, and maybe the software and screen are better on the Note7.
    11-17-2016 08:17 PM
    I know this one is the ISOCELL sensor and my Note7 was a Sony. That, and maybe the software and screen are better on the Note7.
    Damn. I thought if I bought a GS7 I was getting a mini Note 7
    11-17-2016 08:18 PM
    Damn. I thought if I bought a GS7 I was getting a mini Note 7
    It varies. I have an Exynos S7 Edge with a Sony sensor.
    11-17-2016 08:20 PM
    Unfortunately no Exynos at VZW.
    11-17-2016 08:30 PM
    Still missing my N7.
    11-18-2016 07:03 AM
    Still missing my N7.
    Agreed. I can't quite describe the differences. The Note7 just felt better all around.
    11-18-2016 08:30 AM
    If I buy a S7E with it's 5.5" screen it will grow on my person? xD

So the edge sensitivity is over now?
    An update in the summer fixed the screen sensitivity issues as far as I'm concerned. Been fine ever since
    11-18-2016 08:45 AM
    curious to know why you chose the edge over the Moto Z? For me the main reasons were Samsung pay, the calander (just think the calendar and full screen notifications are the best) , camera, led notification. The sounds and notifications were very soft on the Moto Z. Believe me, I was pretty annoyed with Samsung and wanted to ditch them after the note 7 debacle but in the end came back to them.
    The sounds and notifications(LED as well) or lack there of was a big one and I had a lot of issues setting up a messaging app to do what Samsung does out of the box. Also the vibrate was whimpy... while the finger print scanner and screen were awesome it didn't matter, if I can't hear or feel my phone when I get a text message or email then I can't use it.
    AGC 1906 likes this.
    11-18-2016 12:18 PM
    I'm totally happy with the Edge. Probably won't change come Spring. After transferring & customizing 3 new phones over 40 days, I'm settled for a while!
    Mark8768, amyf27, CrisG and 1 others like this.
    11-18-2016 06:10 PM
    Yes, the S7E has had no problem growing on me either.
    Do I contemplate getting the next Note-yes. But it all depends on what happens when it comes out and if I can upgrade without it costing a lot. I can't say for sure I will upgrade in 2017 when the next one possibly comes out or when the S8 comes out that is. Do I contemplate? Sure. I miss having the stylus but I've naturally learned to live without an integrated one and use a generic one or even just scrawl with my finger in a pinch. I really like having the edge screen features so I'm happy and therefore would want to stay with this feature anyway. I'm certainly not lacking in anything functional for my needs at this time. The Note 7 was awesome and I miss it but I'm over it at the same time because I had to be and the Edge does what I need it to.
    11-18-2016 08:49 PM
30 12