I finally figured out that it's the Knox app that is sucking down over 30% of my battery every day. My battery was doing relatively well (not as good as my N7) and then suddenly on some days it will just plummet quickly. The Knox app is supposed to be a security app built in by Samsung. I can Force Stop it through the App Manager, but I can't disable or uninstall it. When I force stop it my battery drain seems to go back to normal until it gets re enabled. I've seen various threads on this, but no solutions. Has anyone found any?
    11-20-2016 12:12 PM
    It's not supposed to drain anything, since it's not supposed to run unless you download the Knox app. (What you see when the phone comes out of the box is a "hook" that the actual app can hook into.) To uninstall the Knox hook, the phone has to be rooted.
    11-20-2016 02:30 PM
    If it's not supposed to drain anything why does it sometimes show that it drains 30% and when I disable it the phone clearly drains slower? Something seems to be going on with it.
    11-20-2016 02:44 PM
    It's taken 33% of my battery today!?!?!? It has to be doing something.

11-21-2016 11:24 PM
    Package disabler pro I believe can stop it
    11-26-2016 11:56 PM
    Knox won't even show up in Package Disabler Pro.
    11-30-2016 10:37 PM
    You have to get ez disabler its better I have both
    11-30-2016 11:05 PM
    delete phone from account
    the click on settings go to account settings and delete account. Voila!
    03-15-2017 07:30 PM
    What it does?
    03-16-2017 04:24 AM
    Knox won't even show up in Package Disabler Pro.
    In package disabler pro select "system" apps then knox shows up and can be disabled. But if the Op downloaded knox it may be s different matter altogether.
    Attached Thumbnails How do I disable Knox?????  [battery drain]-screenshot_20170316-155513.jpg  
    03-16-2017 09:01 AM
    In package disabler pro select "system" apps then knox shows up and can be disabled. But if the Op downloaded knox it may be s different matter altogether.
    This. I also see it in Package Disabler pro.
    Attached Thumbnails How do I disable Knox?????  [battery drain]-1811.jpg  
    03-16-2017 10:53 AM
    If it's not supposed to drain anything why does it sometimes show that it drains 30% and when I disable it the phone clearly drains slower? Something seems to be going on with it.
    That's definitely abnormal. Mine uses around 1% (which I think may include Secure Folder usage).

Have you disabled any system apps or services, using either the Application Manager or a third-party package disabler? If so, that could be the problem: disabling one part of the system can cause another part to get stuck and consume extra resources. Try not disabling anything and see if that helps.
    smvim likes this.
    03-17-2017 06:11 AM
    That's definitely abnormal. Mine uses around 1% (which I think may include Secure Folder usage).

Have you disabled any system apps or services, using either the Application Manager or a third-party package disabler? If so, that could be the problem: disabling one part of the system can cause another part to get stuck and consume extra resources. Try not disabling anything and see if that helps.
    My overall battery performance now seems to be what I'd consider "normal" compared to my last bunch of phones since I've upgraded to Nougat so I haven't really looked at it anymore since all seems to be well with the phone.
    03-17-2017 01:59 PM
    After seeing this I checked and mine used 21% of the battery.
    MOMA MIA!
    03-18-2017 01:57 PM
    You have to do just a bit more digging, and the battery usage percentage will make sense
    Yes, it's showing that Knox has used that percentage of battery, but clicking on the battery usage will take you to a screen that says "system", and under that is a complete list of programs that all share that usage.

All the programs listed under Included Packages will all be counted toward the battery usage of "system". If one of these apps is used or running, it will jump the battery usage percentage for all apps in the Included Packages list

Knox

Samsung VR Service

03-18-2017 06:59 PM