Hi all,
    I just got a s7 edge and i have a few questions:
    1. I downloaded two apps from the app store to change the font. They do not seem to be supported on the s7. Can you only use apps from the samsung app store?
    2.. I use an alarm app that has a notification icon in the notification bar, I have searched the app and cant remove it, any help? Its the alarm clock app, free version.
    3. I cannot figure out how to set my fingerprint. I have a password already but the press and move your finger up and down slowly in between is doing nothing, any help??

Thanks in advance
    11-20-2016 05:23 PM
    Fingerprint slow and steady long presses not hard. Slightly move the finger position making sure you always are covering the home button with the finger to ensure optimal fingerprint read
    11-20-2016 05:48 PM
    Alarm app: go into the alarm and shut off the alarm set-top alarm icon should disappear from notification top area. You cN also swipe down and clear notifications
    11-20-2016 05:49 PM
    Font apps...well if you downloaded them from the Google PLAY store they should work. If they weren't compatible it should've said so at the time of download.
    11-20-2016 05:50 PM
    Alarm app: go into the alarm and shut off the alarm set-top alarm icon should disappear from notification top area. You cN also swipe down and clear notifications
    Got it thanks
    11-20-2016 05:58 PM
    Font apps...well if you downloaded them from the Google PLAY store they should work. If they weren't compatible it should've said so at the time of download.
    They didnt it wasn't until I tired to use the font. I will try others. Thanks
    11-20-2016 05:59 PM
    Fingerprint slow and steady long presses not hard. Slightly move the finger position making sure you always are covering the home button with the finger to ensure optimal fingerprint read
    There is something wrong with me, been trying for 10 minutes and nothing , thanks.
    11-20-2016 05:59 PM
    There is something wrong with me, been trying for 10 minutes and nothing , thanks.
    As you just placing finger gently on the button or pressing the button in? Should touch the home button lightly, covering it, say for 1 second. Move position a little and touch again, and so on
    11-20-2016 06:02 PM
    1. As far as I know, regarding fonts, only those from the Samsung App Store is supported. Some paid ones on the Play Store are supported.

2. As mentioned before, if you have an alarm, you get an icon.

3. You don't move your finger up an down. It works similar to the iPhone fingerprint sensor. You just cover the home button with your finger. There are seversl tutorial videos on Youtube.
    11-20-2016 06:35 PM
    As you just placing finger gently on the button or pressing the button in? Should touch the home button lightly, covering it, say for 1 second. Move position a little and touch again, and so on
    Tired it again as you said, no luck. Thanks
    11-20-2016 06:50 PM
    1. As far as I know, regarding fonts, only those from the Samsung App Store is supported. Some paid ones on the Play Store are supported.

3. You don't move your finger up an down. It works similar to the iPhone fingerprint sensor. You just cover the home button with your finger. There are seversl tutorial videos on Youtube.
    Thanks I will look for the video. That sucks about the fonts.
    11-20-2016 06:52 PM

I must have a defective phone. I watched the videos and there is a percentage shown as this is being done. Mine shows nothing when I do it.
    11-20-2016 07:09 PM
    Umm this is EMBARRASSING. It was user error. I didn't take off my plastic overlay so it wasnt working. I took it off and perfection. So sorry and thanks to all who tried to help.
    msm0511, amyf27 and chanchan05 like this.
    11-20-2016 07:19 PM
    Umm this is EMBARRASSING. It was user error. I didn't take off my plastic overlay so it wasnt working. I took it off and perfection. So sorry and thanks to all who tried to help.
    Check the camera too. If there's a film on there it can distort the photo quality
    11-20-2016 07:41 PM