Galaxy S7 edge getting way too hot

Lowgybear3

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
So I got home this morning and got a notification that there was an update. So Installed and upgraded.... During the upgrading process about every 2 minutes or so I placed the back of my hand on the screen (which stays on the whole time, on max brightness) and it kept getting warmer and warmer. Untill it got so hot I considered finding a way to stop the upgrade! IT GETS HOT! Like I'm. Concerned about the internal components hot. This can't be normal right?

patstar5

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Tip: Don't forget about it in the freezer. I had to wait for it to warm up for the battery to start working again.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
oh man dont put a hot phone in a freeezer.
You risk it cooling to fast and forming condensation internally.
lay it on a metal or stone countertop if you have one. If not in front of a fan will suffice.

Dont forget that some people are experiencing a wifi bug after the update that causes the phone to run warm and sluggish.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine became very hot during this Verizon update as well. I took the case off during the update to help it cool down. By the time everything rebooted and reloaded, I opened GSAM up it was showing a 109 degree battery temperature. Sure it was much warmer than that, I rebooted again and everything was back to normal. Never had a phone get that hot during an update. My battery life still stinks by the way. Barely averaging over 2.5 hours screen on time and 12 - 14 hours total.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My S7 Edge, everything since the Verizon update is hot whenever I use it. If it just sits on the charger, it's fine. But any functionality heats it up tremendously.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough, cases can make them overheat, too. I had a clear Speck case, and it made my 1st Note 7 really hot. Changed to a VRS design case that looked similar, but dissipated the heat as opposed to holding it in.

Refrigerator, not freezer... :)