Hi everyone, I've got an issue with my new S7 Edge. The audio settings randomly change on their own. Let's say I mute the sound, a few seconds/or minutes later the setting will have changed for the regular mode, with the ringtone. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern, it doesn't occur after I did something specific.
    And that is very problematic. During the night I turn on the plane mode to avoid being woken up by a text message, and at work I have to use the do not disturb mode. The mute mode just won't stick, and I have no idea how to fix it.
    The phone is rooted, and I tried to check the applications' permissions to see which ones had access to the audio settings, but I didn't find anything conclusive.

I hope you'll be able to help me figure it out.
    Thanks
    11-23-2016 03:40 PM
    Hi everyone, I've got an issue with my new S7 Edge. The audio settings randomly change on their own. Let's say I mute the sound, a few seconds/or minutes later the setting will have changed for the regular mode, with the ringtone. It doesn't seem to follow any pattern, it doesn't occur after I did something specific.
    And that is very problematic. During the night I turn on the plane mode to avoid being woken up by a text message, and at work I have to use the do not disturb mode. The mute mode just won't stick, and I have no idea how to fix it.
    The phone is rooted, and I tried to check the applications' permissions to see which ones had access to the audio settings, but I didn't find anything conclusive.

Thanks
    Mine has been doing the same thing except my phone is not rooted.

Emily
    04-09-2017 02:18 PM

Thanks
    I've had this issue on my S4, S5, Note4 and now on the S7 Edge. I notice it more with my camera settings.
    04-09-2017 04:56 PM
    Not a solution for the mute setting not sticking, but to avoid the wake up call from some SMS spammer, I use "Professional Reminder" (Google play) to set schedules for notifications. 11pm-8am...SMS is silent.
    04-10-2017 08:15 AM