I tried to show a friend a photo but every time I opened my gallery, it force closed, so naturally I restarted the phone. After restarting, I went into my gallery and nothing was there. Then I went to Google Play and all my music was gone. For both cases, it's ONLY files that were on the SD Card that disappeared; about 200 songs and 80 photos that were saved to the device stayed in their respective apps. I went into "My Files" and nothing was there so I freaked out because I have about 900 photos and 1000 songs saved to my SD Card and that's a hell of a lot to lose and thought that, somehow, restarting the phone (which I have done before without incident) wiped my SD Card. So I took the card out and put it in my friend's phone (she has an S7) and every single file was there in "My Files", and in MY phone's settings, it says that there's still 14.87GB taken up, so obviously everything's still there, I just can't see them on my phone. I can see them on my friends, though. How do I fix this??????
    11-25-2016 03:20 PM
    Turn your phone off. Let it sit for a few minutes. Put the SD card in. Turn the phone on.

If the files aren't there, the phone has to go into a repair shop. (I'm guessing - that's all I can do without having the phone in my hands - that either the SD card port is bad or the motherboard is. It's also possible, but a lot less likely, that something in the ROM [the OS, actually - the ROM is hardware] got corrupted.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-25-2016 03:37 PM
    I'm guessing it's more likely that the SD card is bad as opposed to the phone.
    11-25-2016 04:29 PM
    So SD Card stuff is showing up now but most pictures seem to be corrupted files and not all of the music is back. I'm going to assume I can't do anything to fix this on my own?
    11-25-2016 04:47 PM
    So SD Card stuff is showing up now but most pictures seem to be corrupted files and not all of the music is back. I'm going to assume I can't do anything to fix this on my own?
    If you have a computer, try copying everything to the computer except for the Android folder. Reformat the card and then copy everything back to the card and then put it in the phone. The Android folder that you didn't copy back will rebuild itself and it's possible that the indexes just got corrupted.

If you have any apps on the card, they will no longer work and you will have to reinstall them.
    11-25-2016 04:58 PM
    Still nothing showing up in the SD Card area of My Files, I can't move anything.
    11-25-2016 05:04 PM
    Still nothing showing up in the SD Card area of My Files, I can't move anything.
    Try my idea above. You have nothing else to lose.
    11-25-2016 05:06 PM
    How old is the card?
    11-25-2016 06:29 PM