So I am currently an iphone user and really do enjoy their software and encryption which is pretty much across this software universally & by default.

But wow this S7 is an amazing piece of technology! I am pretty much sold on it... but I need to find out & understand more of it's encryption abilities.

I use Samsung SSD's for FDE with my PC, because they are the best. So I would assume their hardware encryption on their phone is equally as good.

But while hardware encryption is a must, what about their software, user-user encryption ability with text/MMS messages?

From my understanding you have to download a 3rd party app to enable this encryption feature? Or is it now a feature within Samsungs messaging app?

The only thing I am going to argue against this is that 7/10 of the people I deal with have iphones. I don't see everyone else downloading a 3rd party app just to talk to me. So even if I get the 3rd party app to use with other android users, those 7/10 people on iphones will have un-encrypted communications with me and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about that, can I?
    11-26-2016 10:44 AM