Got the S7 Edge during the promo

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I got one from Bestbuy on VZ on the 24th. Carol blue. Great deal. I attempted to put Nova Prime on it but the resolution is a bit off. Not sure what is going on but something is not right with Nova on s7 edge. It just doesn't feel "polished". I'm not a newbie for Nova and I'm not sure why it is looking strange.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I got one from Bestbuy on VZ on the 24th. Carol blue. Great deal. I attempted to put Nova Prime on it but the resolution is a bit off. Not sure what is going on but something is not right with Nova on s7 edge. It just doesn't feel "polished". I'm not a newbie for Nova and I'm not sure why it is looking strange.

What's off?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
What's off?
1st image is touchwize and 2nd is Nova with Pixel icon set. Look at the widgets and Google search. They are just too pig. Feels like resolution is off on the clock widget and water widget. They look much better on touchwize. Even google search looks so big and just not polished like it looks on touchwize. And no, I can't get them any smaller.

1480294380042.jpg1480294392084.jpg

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Change the grid size. You can change the stuff more on Nova. Here's an example on my S7 Edge:

411a1244dad9a2a94349f91eaf0b96be.jpg

App drawer accessible via a swipe upwards. Most used apps on the Edge panel.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My grid size set to 6x5. Doesn't matter how much high I go, widgets just still look bigger on Nova. This is only an issue with S7 edge. Been using Nova for years and never came across this.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I normally use Nova, and also got my S7E in the pre-BF Best Buy. But with the ability to use a 5x5 grid stock, I've found no reason to use Nova so far.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
1st image is touchwize and 2nd is Nova with Pixel icon set. Look at the widgets and Google search. They are just too pig. Feels like resolution is off on the clock widget and water widget. They look much better on touchwize. Even google search looks so big and just not polished like it looks on touchwize. And no, I can't get them any smaller.

View attachment 246897View attachment 246898

Is that the stock google now search widget or a custom one? Mine doesn't look like that. Yours look nice and new and modern and beautiful. Mine looks like a simple white rectangle -.-

Oh and btw yes I put nova on all my Samsung phones. Makes it feel snappier. No nova on any other phone.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Is that the stock google now search widget or a custom one? Mine doesn't look like that. Yours look nice and new and modern and beautiful. Mine looks like a simple white rectangle -.-

Oh and btw yes I put nova on all my Samsung phones. Makes it feel snappier. No nova on any other phone.
It's the one that came default on my s7 edge.

It will turn into a circle when you drag it over.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Still rectangle. What havent I updated? Oh maybe it's because I'm still running marshmallow?
I'm running marshmallow. But mine is the Carol blue so may be it is packaged differently since its the new build? The phone had the rounded one out if the box on TouchWiz.

1480420649174.jpg

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
For making the icons similar, go into Settings->Display and Wallpaper->Icon Backgrounds. Change to Icons with Backgrounds and touch Done.

If it's greyed out, you probably have installed a theme.

Not sure how his search widget looks like that. I also have the Coral Blue with all the updates available and it has the normal search bar.

EDIT: Looks like it's kind of luck of the draw who gets it:
https://verdictforu.com/2016/11/03/...roid-reportedly-getting-a-circular-face-lift/

Last edited:

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
For making the icons similar, go into Settings->Display and Wallpaper->Icon Backgrounds. Change to Icons with Backgrounds and touch Done.

If it's greyed out, you probably have installed a theme.

Not sure how his search widget looks like that. I also have the Coral Blue with all the updates available and it has the normal search bar.

EDIT: Looks like it's kind of luck of the draw who gets it:
https://verdictforu.com/2016/11/03/...roid-reportedly-getting-a-circular-face-lift/

Can't wait to get it on mine. Looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol