So I went ahead and bought the S7 Edge coming from the iPhone 6. I have had Android before, actually had the HTC One X before getting the iPhone 6.

Now after having the iPhone 6 for nearly 3 years, wow was I tied into that ecosystem of theirs! So used to things happening a certain way and to add a little note here, I have no complaints about IOS, just felt it was time for a change and the screen is amazing on this Edge! Granted I almost always need 2 hands when doing more than just checking the time (I have tiny hands)...

Have had the phone since Wednesday and it's still rough, used Smart Switch to transfer all my pics and videos...have all my pics I think haha, not in the correct order but I got 'em and couldn't find all my videos until recently on my SD card but now I can't figure out how to get them to play, that kind of stuff is simple on IOS, open your photos app and they're all right there, videos and pics!

So anyway, like I said, the jury is still out...I'm with AT&T so I get 14 days....
    11-27-2016 10:36 PM
    Had I caught you before you did the pic and video transfer, I would have suggested installing the Google Photos app to your iPhone and backing up all of the photos and videos to your Google Photos library in the cloud. You can then access them easily on any device that's logged into the same Google account, and download any of them locally if necessary.

Are you still having trouble playing the videos that are on the SD card?
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    11-27-2016 11:14 PM
    Hey B. Diddy, I still have my iPhone sitting right here, and since it still works on wifi, could I still try that?!
    11-27-2016 11:33 PM
    Giving it a shot, Google Photos is currently backing my pics up on my iPhone! B. Diddy, I'll keep you updated!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-27-2016 11:49 PM
    Excellent! Remember that if you choose the "High Quality" setting (which means up to 16 megapixel photos, with I think <10% file compression), you get unlimited photo storage in the cloud, regardless of your Google Drive plan. If you choose "Original Quality" (which means the original resolution, with no compression), it counts against your Google Drive space (so if you have the usual 15 GB free, that could add up quickly).
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    11-28-2016 12:31 AM
    Hi,

I've recently moved from the iPhone to the s7 edge too.

Been using iPhones since launch of the iPhone 4 up to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Was waiting for the 7+ and found it wanting and lacking.

Loving the customisation on the s7 edge.

Yes Apple try to keep you in their Ecosystem and their iOS is so sandboxed but I agree it just works.

Unlike you I really didn't have too much to transfer over. No videos and so little pictures I just emailed them to myself.

Contacts via gmail.

Enjoy.
    11-28-2016 02:12 AM
    Hey B. Diddy, sorry for the delay! The transfer worked perfect, took awhile as expected, 2.97 GB's had to be transferred! (What?! I've got a 3 year old! Daddy likes to take a lot of pics and videos! Hehe)

Still missing the iPhone though, and I'm realizing how much I've probably spent on apps when I cross reference which ones I want to keep and whatnot.

But now that I've had this S7 Edge for almost a week now, not sure I can go back to a 4.7 incher, and the 7+ is still hard to get in my area. Also started driving for Uber and I'm starting to think that the multitasking button on this Edge is worth a ton versus trying to double tap the home button on the iPhone while trying to drive to my next stop!

Sorry for ranting everybody that stops to read this, just 3 years with the same platform, still working the kinks and creaks out!

Last but not least, I know for a fact that if I were to go back and get the regular 4.7 inch iPhone 7 and then less than a year later the iPhone 8 comes out looking damn good (only assuming that they might pull out all the tricks being it's 10 year anniversary) I'll be pissed at myself knowing that I HAD a damn good phone with the Edge and that I'd be "stuck" with the little iPhone for more than 2 years! Haha. OK I'm done blabbing!! You guys gotta put up with me for at least 2 more years!!
    B. Diddy, pankaj981 and brad419 like this.
    12-01-2016 01:04 PM
    Hi,

I've recently moved from the iPhone to the s7 edge too.

Been using iPhones since launch of the iPhone 4 up to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Was waiting for the 7+ and found it wanting and lacking.

Loving the customisation on the s7 edge.

Yes Apple try to keep you in their Ecosystem and their iOS is so sandboxed but I agree it just works.

Unlike you I really didn't have too much to transfer over. No videos and so little pictures I just emailed them to myself.

Contacts via gmail.

Enjoy.
    Same story. The camera was horrible on the iphone this time around.
    12-01-2016 01:15 PM
    Hey B. Diddy, sorry for the delay! The transfer worked perfect, took awhile as expected, 2.97 GB's had to be transferred! (What?! I've got a 3 year old! Daddy likes to take a lot of pics and videos! Hehe)

Still missing the iPhone though, and I'm realizing how much I've probably spent on apps when I cross reference which ones I want to keep and whatnot.

But now that I've had this S7 Edge for almost a week now, not sure I can go back to a 4.7 incher, and the 7+ is still hard to get in my area. Also started driving for Uber and I'm starting to think that the multitasking button on this Edge is worth a ton versus trying to double tap the home button on the iPhone while trying to drive to my next stop!

Sorry for ranting everybody that stops to read this, just 3 years with the same platform, still working the kinks and creaks out!

Last but not least, I know for a fact that if I were to go back and get the regular 4.7 inch iPhone 7 and then less than a year later the iPhone 8 comes out looking damn good (only assuming that they might pull out all the tricks being it's 10 year anniversary) I'll be pissed at myself knowing that I HAD a damn good phone with the Edge and that I'd be "stuck" with the little iPhone for more than 2 years! Haha. OK I'm done blabbing!! You guys gotta put up with me for at least 2 more years!!
    Welcome back to Android! I too was heavily indulged in the Apple Ecosystem. I recently got the 128GB Pixel. While the OS are definitely different I have grown to prefer Android MUCH more than iOS. The customization of Android is amazing. Being able make the device exactly what you want it to be is great. With Apple, once you've seen an iPhone, you've seen them all. Nothing new to learn with them. Hopefully you stick and the S7E as it is a great device. If you have any questions feel free to ask and someone will most definitely help!
    MaxxMeister and B. Diddy like this.
    12-01-2016 01:23 PM
    I was in the same boat. I actually sold my last iPhone 6s went with Android then back again. I'm now back to a S7 edge and love it. Definitely didn't realize how much I have invested in ios but I still use an iPad so not a total loss. Enjoy!
    12-02-2016 02:14 PM
    So it's been just over 3 months since my original post about picking up a S7 Edge and "the jury being out"....well, sadly to say, I went back and returned the Edge for a iPhone 7 Plus, which was still an upgrade for me coming from a iPhone 6.

I just felt like putting my 2 cents out there about likes and dislikes....I have zero complaints about the Edge. But this is what I do miss about that phone....that multi-task button was amazing, I have really missed just tapping that button versus always having to double tap the iPhone, especially when you have it hanging up by the windshield, proves to be a pain! Another thing I miss about the Edge is swiping...I used to hate that option, but after getting used to it....it's nowhere near the same or smooth on the iPhone.

I miss the VR, I honestly didn't use it that much, but it was a nice option to have. I miss that little notification light...just a little thing, so you're not always turning on your screen...speaking of notifications...Apple is simply clunky...nowhere near as smooth as Android, and because they're "bubbles" are so big....if you have a lot of them, you'll be scrolling a lot more...just not as finished.

I'll tell ya what got me to go back....as most of you know, Apple has at least one thing that keeps an iPhone user sticking with them...and for me it was iMessage...my wife and I use all that dorky stuff (emoji's, and iMessage special effects) quite a bit...and to be honest, anytime she would send me a text with a few emoji's or whatnot and all I got was little green men...that kinda drove me nuts!

Then there's the fact that my mom, step-dad, brothers, sister-in-laws, dad and quite a few friends that all have iPhones and how they all work so well with each other...I do like that!!

So...I will be back...my wife was just asking me if she can put her own clock and temperature widget anywhere on her iPhone....haha...nope, only on Android....so I'm thinking that we might take a dive into the Huawei world....who knows though, I've got 15 months left on my payment plan....I'm sure the options will be plentiful by then!!

Thanks again for the help and responses and I will definitely keep in touch!!
    03-04-2017 09:53 PM
    So it's been just over 3 months since my original post about picking up a S7 Edge and "the jury being out"....well, sadly to say, I went back and returned the Edge for a iPhone 7 Plus, which was still an upgrade for me coming from a iPhone 6.

I just felt like putting my 2 cents out there about likes and dislikes....I have zero complaints about the Edge. But this is what I do miss about that phone....that multi-task button was amazing, I have really missed just tapping that button versus always having to double tap the iPhone, especially when you have it hanging up by the windshield, proves to be a pain! Another thing I miss about the Edge is swiping...I used to hate that option, but after getting used to it....it's nowhere near the same or smooth on the iPhone.

I miss the VR, I honestly didn't use it that much, but it was a nice option to have. I miss that little notification light...just a little thing, so you're not always turning on your screen...speaking of notifications...Apple is simply clunky...nowhere near as smooth as Android, and because they're "bubbles" are so big....if you have a lot of them, you'll be scrolling a lot more...just not as finished.

I'll tell ya what got me to go back....as most of you know, Apple has at least one thing that keeps an iPhone user sticking with them...and for me it was iMessage...my wife and I use all that dorky stuff (emoji's, and iMessage special effects) quite a bit...and to be honest, anytime she would send me a text with a few emoji's or whatnot and all I got was little green men...that kinda drove me nuts!

Then there's the fact that my mom, step-dad, brothers, sister-in-laws, dad and quite a few friends that all have iPhones and how they all work so well with each other...I do like that!!

So...I will be back...my wife was just asking me if she can put her own clock and temperature widget anywhere on her iPhone....haha...nope, only on Android....so I'm thinking that we might take a dive into the Huawei world....who knows though, I've got 15 months left on my payment plan....I'm sure the options will be plentiful by then!!

Hey, you gave it a shot. Makes absolute sense for you to have an iPhone.
    03-04-2017 10:50 PM

At least you tried and now you know whats the best each has to offer. When you do come back to Android, maybe you can convince your family and friends to use whatsapp or fb messenger and then you can enjoy all the emojis etc..
    03-06-2017 06:57 PM