11-29-2016 03:04 AM
    I had the iPhone 7 plus and sold it. It was not the best...had issues too many to count and camera was horrible....this is so much better.
    11-29-2016 11:41 PM
    same, I still have a ip7+ sitting on my desk - iOS sucks for notifications.
    12-09-2016 05:38 PM
    Can you explain how notifications are bad on iphone? I'm thinking about buying it.
    12-09-2016 06:30 PM
    Can you explain how notifications are bad on iphone? I'm thinking about buying it.
    For one, you can swipe to dismiss. You can swipe, but then you have to select an option which is view or clear. The notifications are grouped by day and not stacked, which is so dumb. So I have 3 separated notifications from facebook, 3 from YouTube, one from Pinterest and the list goes on. So I have tons of large ugly gray boxes of notifications, I hate the look of the gray boxes. I attached a picture from my iPad to show you.

I feel like the notification center is much more useful on an Android device. For whatever reason whenever I owned an iphone I never pulled down from the status bar, I always just went to the app. On Android I religiously pull down the status bar just for about everything because it is such a useful tool with android. I feel on the iphone it doesn't make anything on it more useful. Hard to explain but when you use one you will see.
    AustinTech likes this.
    12-10-2016 06:30 AM
    Wow, that is a pain! Makes me want to stick with Android like the Pixel XL or V20. Plus iphone screen quality is trash too.
    12-10-2016 09:18 AM
    Wow, that is a pain! Makes me want to stick with Android like the Pixel XL or V20. Plus iphone screen quality is trash too.
    Total trash! Screen quality does not even compare!
    caveman84 likes this.
    12-10-2016 08:20 PM
    Total trash! Screen quality does not even compare!
    Woudl you say the V20 screen is better too since it's HD quad?
    12-10-2016 09:33 PM
    Woudl you say the V20 screen is better too since it's HD quad?
    Yes in my eyes any quad HD screen is better than iphones 1080p ips screen
    12-11-2016 06:02 AM
    I have both and love both. There are some things that are great about iPhones too. Being able to zoom without degrading quality is nice. The apps are generally better and usually come out quicker too. Storing your photos and home screens is nice. I hate the app drawer on android. A lot of people love it but I freaking hate having facebook, etc on my home screen and then scrolling through it and all my home screen apps again in the app drawer. The battery life on my iPhone 7 plus is second to none. The functionality is reduced with no file system access, etc but I can probably knock down 7 hours of screen on time I would imagine. I don't know that for sure but by estimating normal use that would be my estimation. Lack of bloat ware on iPhone is important to me, I hate all the Verizon crap on my phone. Timely software updates too especially considering I have Verizon

I feel like almost any phone I've compromised over something important. Including my iPhone. The s7 edge is the first phone I can say I didn't have to sacrifice anything to have a top notch experience. And those who say 1080p sucks don't forget the s7 wedge on 7.0 default scales down to 1080p.
    12-11-2016 01:46 PM
    I think the biggest thing I miss on iPhones is imessage and family cloud photo sharing
    12-11-2016 01:52 PM
    The lg v20s screen sucks it looks like it's casting a shadow on itself inside the screen and default brightness is unusably dim
    12-11-2016 02:02 PM
    I also have both: the Edge is mine and the iP7 is a work phone.

Edge: better screen, faster camera start from a locked screen, have a choice of screen layout, better widgets, wireless charging, having a LED for notifications
    1P7: better battery life, especially on standby, faster fingerprint recognition, many apps are more 'refined', work better or have more features
    12-11-2016 02:35 PM
    I also have both: the Edge is mine and the iP7 is a work phone.

Edge: better screen, faster camera start from a locked screen, have a choice of screen layout, better widgets, wireless charging, having a LED for notifications
    1P7: better battery life, especially on standby, faster fingerprint recognition, many apps are more 'refined', work better or have more features
    I agree with everything said above.

I hate the home button of my S7 Edge. It feels clunky, it sticks out of the screen, and it scratches so easily. I am using the "Swipe Home Button" app, but the "screen overlay detected" bug is driving me nuts.

However, the S7 (edge) has all the latest bells and whistles. For me, I bought the S7 edge for its wifi sharing, which lets me share a wifi connection with others over wifi. I plan to pay for one unlimited package and share it with my 3 family members during my cruise trip over the holiday. No other devices out there could do this!

The iPhone on the other hand, is reliable and secure. It is boring, but it get the job done - great at running apps. The iOS app store has way fewer shady apps compared to Android play store. I wouldn't mind doing online banking on my iPhone, but would not do this on Android (and Windows) devices.

I have an Apple Watch too and so notification is not an issue for me.

Finally, Apple device s have wayyyy better in-warranty and out-of-warranty support by Apple. The 3rd party repair support and parts availability for older models is the best in the industry.
    12-11-2016 04:00 PM
    I agree. I have both and both have their pluses.
    12-11-2016 04:30 PM
    This. Absolutely terrible notification sysyem! All of the other stuff I could live with but notifications are basically how we interact with our phones throughout the day.
    12-11-2016 04:33 PM
    I agree with everything said above.

I hate the home button of my S7 Edge. It feels clunky, it sticks out of the screen, and it scratches so easily. I am using the "Swipe Home Button" app, but the "screen overlay detected" bug is driving me nuts.

However, the S7 (edge) has all the latest bells and whistles. For me, I bought the S7 edge for its wifi sharing, which lets me share a wifi connection with others over wifi. I plan to pay for one unlimited package and share it with my 3 family members during my cruise trip over the holiday. No other devices out there could do this!

The iPhone on the other hand, is reliable and secure. It is boring, but it get the job done - great at running apps. The iOS app store has way fewer shady apps compared to Android play store. I wouldn't mind doing online banking on my iPhone, but would not do this on Android (and Windows) devices.

I have an Apple Watch too and so notification is not an issue for me.

Finally, Apple device s have wayyyy better in-warranty and out-of-warranty support by Apple. The 3rd party repair support and parts availability for older models is the best in the industry.
    Which cruise line and where are you going. We are doing a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Carribbean in September and was going to purchase 2 Internet packages. If this works that will save money, to be added to the drink package. Please let me know if it works. Thanks
    12-11-2016 05:51 PM
    Which cruise line and where are you going. We are doing a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Carribbean in September and was going to purchase 2 Internet packages. If this works that will save money, to be added to the drink package. Please let me know if it works. Thanks
    Please see my new thread here -
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...uise-trip.html
    01-14-2017 12:44 PM
    I also have both phones. I use my s7 edge as more of a personal phone and my ip7 is more of a work phone. I do find myself using the s7 edge more. But I don't mind using either! I was always a iPhone fan. But I think my stint with android is making me reconsider to be honest. I feel android devices offer better value.
    01-14-2017 02:21 PM