12-01-2016 10:40 AM
48 12
tools
    I keep getting Web page not available
    11-29-2016 07:55 PM
    Just finished downloading. Everything smooth so far.
    11-29-2016 08:57 PM
    I'm registered but when I go to update it says the device is up to date. I just got registered like 15 minutes ago
    11-29-2016 10:22 PM
    Downloading now
    11-29-2016 10:46 PM
    I just got in!! On Sprint
    11-30-2016 01:08 AM
    I just got in!! On Sprint
    That's good to hear. Sounds like the beta is opening up for everyone.
    11-30-2016 01:20 AM
    I have the update. Unfortunately I'm traveling and won't be home until tomorrow. Don't want to risk something going wrong when I need GPS.
    11-30-2016 05:34 AM
    I am also on Verizon still says no accepting its full
    11-30-2016 06:48 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm on Nougat now.
    I missed out on it the first time around.
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    11-30-2016 06:55 AM
    Getting server error on Verizon.
    11-30-2016 07:23 AM
    I can't even get the beta to open
    11-30-2016 07:34 AM
    I'm on Sprint, and was able to register yesterday - thank you OP!!
    Just checked for OTA update and the Nougat beta is available for me to download now.
    Before I upgrade, a question for those of you who have already installed Nougat:
    - Do themes still work? I used Good Lock to customize my color for notifications panel and quick settings menu, and I'm not sure whether I will upgrade if I can't retain the darker color settings.
    Thoughts? Thanks.
    11-30-2016 09:18 AM
    Just checked for OTA update and the Nougat beta is available for me to download now.
    Before I upgrade, a question for those of you who have already installed Nougat:
    - Do themes still work? I used Good Lock to customize my color for notifications panel and quick settings menu, and I'm not sure whether I will upgrade if I can't retain the darker color settings.
    Thoughts? Thanks.
    Also on Sprint, got it when it first came out - The Themes I already had were there but you cannot access any of the new ones at this time...
    younggreenanne and KPMcClave like this.
    11-30-2016 09:25 AM
    They added this in the theme section...
    11-30-2016 09:41 AM
    We have sprint registered my wife for. The beta on her s7 edge it works fine with her themes and updated all samsung apps when it rebooted
    younggreenanne likes this.
    11-30-2016 10:28 AM
    Still getting server error on Verizon Galaxy S7 edge
    11-30-2016 10:46 AM
    Thoughts? Thanks.
    As others have noted, themes you had already downloaded will work. At least mine have...although I've had an occasional visual issue like the settings screen going from themed to all white that might be a theme glitch...but may be something else. That's infrequent, and otherwise my themes seem to work fine. I haven't installed and applied all I've used previously, but have used 2 or 3.

Good Lock doesn't work and is nowhere to be found. I miss my blacked out Notifications, too (and no folks, themes do not change the notifications to dark).
    11-30-2016 10:57 AM
    Still getting server error on Verizon Galaxy S7 edge
    Same for me. Glad I'm not the only one
    11-30-2016 11:08 AM
    KPMcClave, that loss of blacked-out notifications was my precise concern. I really, really hate the white notification background and keep my phone at minimum brightness most of the time.
    How well does Nougat's new night mode work?
    KPMcClave likes this.
    11-30-2016 09:39 PM
    KPMcClave, that loss of blacked-out notifications was my precise concern. I really, really hate the white notification background and keep my phone at minimum brightness most of the time.
    How well does Nougat's new night mode work?
    I'm using it...and don't know. I haven't really noticed it.
    11-30-2016 10:38 PM
    Has anyone actually been able to enable the night mode in the beta? The instructions I found say to enable developer mode, download night mode enabler from the play store by Mike Evans. Open the app and pull down the notification shade. Long press the settings gear icon and then within the night mode enabler app, there will then be the setting to enable night mode.

I long press on the gear icon and nothing happens.

Other than that, night mode isn't enabled in the beta.
    12-01-2016 01:26 AM
    HOLYYYY COW, that night mode procedure sounds convoluted and complicated.
    I think I will hold off on updating for now.
    Samsung should allow a simple toggle under the Display menu for the user to choose light notification panel style, or dark.
    Just a thought: might be a handy feature to have automatically switch the notification panel to a dark background whenever the user activated Night Mode or by a user-defined custom schedule.
    12-01-2016 10:38 AM
    HOLYYYY COW, that night mode procedure sounds convoluted and complicated.
    I think I will hold off on updating for now.
    Samsung should allow a simple toggle under the Display menu for the user to choose light notification panel style, or dark.
    Just a thought: might be a handy feature to have automatically switch the notification panel to a dark background whenever the user activated Night Mode or by a user-defined custom schedule.
    Well the problem is, Samsung simply doesn't have the night mode enabled yet on the beta. The procedure that I found to supposedly enable it doesn't work.
    12-01-2016 10:40 AM
48 12