I was on google chrome on my phone, trying to see if PokeGenie app was for android phones and clicked a link that then told me that my phone had viruses and to download this app and this app. I did that but I also uninstalled them.

I've installed Mal-ware Bytes and Avast security moblie and antivirus app. Neither of the apps have found anything. I don't know if my phone will be ok or not.
    11-30-2016 02:35 PM
    I did that
    Big mistake. You should never install anything out of fear. These kinds of warnings are ALWAYS bogus, and the warning is harmless until you install whatever it tells you to. Sometimes just clicking in a popup window can download a virus to your device.

Can't give you assurance your phone is ok, but time will tell. Just because a malware/antivirus app scans clean doesn't mean your phone isn't infected. It might show up on next reboot if the virus has been placed in system cache or worse, in system root.

Best thing to do right now is start your phone in Recovery and wipe/delete cache partition.
    11-30-2016 03:48 PM
    Best advice was given above, by nahoku: "Big mistake. You should never install anything out of fear. These kinds of warnings are ALWAYS bogus, and the warning is harmless until you install whatever it tells you to"

I couldn't have phrased it better.
    11-30-2016 03:51 PM
    I had a bad one that went into the system files. Exactly the same problem, kept popping up you have a virus. Even after wiping and doing a factory reset it popped up. I even tried resynching it with a know clean file on samsung switch.. It kept coming back. Malwarebytes and avast couldn't find it.

I Used:
    Anti aware - finds every adware issue on your phone. Some are ok.. Others are what's causing your issue.

It found a file called on my s7 called -

beegee.ifIcan'thave.yew..

Deleted that file, haven't had an issue in 1 month.
    11-30-2016 08:26 PM
    OP, how are things going? Any luck with the suggestions stated above?

I am sorry this happened to you. I've had those pop ups happen to me as well and even when I closed them, I'd be afraid that my phone was compromised. Just relax and follow the steps stated by the users above, and everything will be fine. Are your files backed up? Do you need help with anything else?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-2016 09:24 PM
    If it was a browser link that gave you said "virus warning", and you phone vibrated and possible made a noise, It's a fake. Just really annoying popups. Anyone who has dabbled in downloading 3rd party apks (Not off play store) has encountered them, they seem to be a staple for the file hosting sites such files are uploaded on.

Just close the window to make the vibrating stop and move on.
    12-01-2016 01:19 AM
    OP, how are things going? Any luck with the suggestions stated above?

I am sorry this happened to you. I've had those pop ups happen to me as well and even when I closed them, I'd be afraid that my phone was compromised. Just relax and follow the steps stated by the users above, and everything will be fine. Are your files backed up? Do you need help with anything else?
    Well, I did have to do a hard reset on my phone today because I wasn't getting notified of receiving voicemails when people were leaving them.

But I got my phone in the beginning of September. I was getting notified that I had voice messages the first two weeks or so. I think it had an update and I stopped receiving notifications at the top of the bar when I had voice messages. So today, I finally went to the Sprint store and ended up doing a hard reset. Before doing so, we downloaded a app to back up contacts. And I backed up photos onto google photos before doing the hard reset.
    12-05-2016 09:59 PM
    If it was a browser link that gave you said "virus warning", and you phone vibrated and possible made a noise, It's a fake. Just really annoying popups. Anyone who has dabbled in downloading 3rd party apks (Not off play store) has encountered them, they seem to be a staple for the file hosting sites such files are uploaded on.

Just close the window to make the vibrating stop and move on.
    That's exactly what it did. It told me there was damage to my battery and my phone vibrated. ugh! That is really annoying. I feel stupid for falling for it and proceeding to download the app that it suggested me to download.
    12-05-2016 10:01 PM
    I had a bad one that went into the system files. Exactly the same problem, kept popping up you have a virus. Even after wiping and doing a factory reset it popped up. I even tried resynching it with a know clean file on samsung switch.. It kept coming back. Malwarebytes and avast couldn't find it.

I Used:
    Anti aware - finds every adware issue on your phone. Some are ok.. Others are what's causing your issue.

It found a file called on my s7 called -

beegee.ifIcan'thave.yew..

Deleted that file, haven't had an issue in 1 month.
    Do you happen to know who created the anti adware app so I can download the correct app?!
    12-05-2016 10:04 PM
    Do you happen to know who created the anti adware app so I can download the correct app?!
    Here ya go:

12-05-2016 10:53 PM
    Thanks!
    12-05-2016 10:56 PM
    Thanks!
    No problem, hope it helps you find your adware problem
    Abbers727 likes this.
    12-05-2016 11:34 PM
    No problem, hope it helps you find your adware problem
    Downloaded it. It found 12 threats. But the threat are apps... They say these apps have ad's that are a threat. But I can't remove these apps.
    12-05-2016 11:40 PM
    List the apps, Abber.
    12-07-2016 03:56 PM
    Word with Friends

There was more. Because I guess those apps have ad's.
    12-11-2016 09:47 PM
    I have never installed antivirus software on my phone, and I often install third-party app from website link. I think it is time to pay attention to mobile phone security. Thank you for the post.
    Abbers727 likes this.
    12-11-2016 10:33 PM