12-07-2016 12:23 PM
62 123
tools
    That's because of Doze dude. Of course it only drains a couple percent over night. I'm talking about during the day. I couldn't care less what battery drain is over night. That's when I charge my phone anyway.
    That's true, of course. You didn't specify when the drain you talked about happened, so I assumed at night. Didn't mean to offend. Have you tried it unplugged over night after it hits 100%? Might be educational.

At any rate, mine does not use anywhere near 6-15% per hour during the day, either. I am averaging 1.5% per hour so far today, for example. And I'd say that's about typical for my use.
    12-06-2016 02:32 PM
    That's true, of course. You didn't specify when the drain you talked about happened, so I assumed at night. Didn't mean to offend. Have you tried it unplugged over night after it hits 100%? Might be educational.

At any rate, mine does not use anywhere near 6-15% per hour during the day, either. I am averaging 1.5% per hour so far today, for example. And I'd say that's about typical for my use.
    I average anywhere between 3-16% per hour. Online games and stuff. War Robots can be such a battery eater.
    12-06-2016 05:25 PM
    So I just changed the settings in Simple System Monitor to turn off "More accurate RAM usage" and now I'm hovering around 5-15% CPU usage at idle
    Yep. App was giving wrong CPU usage at idle. Nothing to worry about here.
    12-06-2016 10:23 PM
    The honest truth... The S7 Edge lags mainly only under these conditions:

1) While apps are updating
    2) While connecting to Bluetooth
    3) While connecting a charger.
    4) While typing.

And of course it doesn't lag all the time during those situations or else I'd be ******** constantly haha. Those are just the one times that it does lag. And generally speaking, it's been the closest to lag free of any Android phone I've ever owned.

NOW, here is the important part.

All Android phones will eventually lag after system updates. I don't care what ANYONE on this forum says. Especially when going to a new version number. Forget it. Your phone is now a ticking time bomb that will eventually become a laggy, unfixable mess no matter how many system restores you do.

Now I haven't rooted and messed with custom ROMs in a while... But back then, it was the same thing. As soon as you cross the line into new version numbers... Your phone is toast. It's just gonna be a constant hassle until the day you get a new phone. It just is. I have had:

G1, G2, Mytouch 4G Slide, HTC One X, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Note 3, Note 4, Moto X Pure, S7 Edge.

I'd say at this point I can definitive say that I am right about this. Every single one of them became a laggy shadow of its former self after a major system update. Also, using SD cards will make the issues worse. Also, installing custom ROMs only makes things better because by the time issues arise, you were already about to wipe and flash another custom ROM anyway. If you had waited another week or two everything would have become a mess.

That being said, I love Android, and not like I'd ever get an iPhone... Plus, one look at an Apple forum tells you that no matter how holier than thou they all try to act, their iPhone's are just as bad, if not worse haha.
    12-07-2016 12:09 AM
    I had that wifi bug too, but didn't find the solution until after I had already gotten my Pixel XL
    12-07-2016 12:30 AM
    Got the Carol blue new from bestbuy on Nov 24th and the thing is laggy, especially when ideal for some time and I try to open a notification from the lock screen.

I might be just spoiled coming from Nexus 6p. That Sucker never hesitated no matter how much I abuse it.

I hardly have 3 or 4 apps open in the background, but this stutter and lag is so annoying.
    I don't feel any lag when I'm using the phone and multitasking. But as soon as I set it down for few minutes and come back to it, it hesitates and lags as I start using it.

Is that normal?
    How many Edge panels are you running? I found that they were slowing it down. Even when I was only running like 3 of them. I had also read somewhere that even though they were a feature of the phone, it did create lag.

Between the lag and the Wi-Fi bug, I ended up getting a Pixel XL.
    12-07-2016 12:33 AM
    ya got all the samsung nut jobs all worked up man good job lol,,, ok lets just pretend the s7 edge doesnt lagg, everyone happy? 6p lags, pixels laggs, samsung is king, no lagg.
    Actually, I have the 6p, the Pixel & the S7E and honestly don't see much difference, if any in speed or performance at all for everyday tasks. I don't do gaming so I wouldn't know if there will be differences in performance for that.
    12-07-2016 12:49 AM
    I had a S7 Edge for a while but the lag just got unbearable. It would lag everytime I connected to Bluetooth or WiFi and battery was terrible. I got a Moto Z Play not and my God it's the fastest phone I have ever had. No lag on it whatsoever. Yes I know specs are different, but battery and the software on this is fantastic. Only thing I miss is the camera from the S7 edge and water resistant, but it's not worth the cost. I'll take a look at the S8 when it's announced.
    12-07-2016 02:54 AM
    The honest truth... The S7 Edge lags mainly only under these conditions:

1) While apps are updating
    2) While connecting to Bluetooth
    3) While connecting a charger.
    4) While typing.

And of course it doesn't lag all the time during those situations or else I'd be ******** constantly haha. Those are just the one times that it does lag. And generally speaking, it's been the closest to lag free of any Android phone I've ever owned.

NOW, here is the important part.

All Android phones will eventually lag after system updates. I don't care what ANYONE on this forum says. Especially when going to a new version number. Forget it. Your phone is now a ticking time bomb that will eventually become a laggy, unfixable mess no matter how many system restores you do.

Now I haven't rooted and messed with custom ROMs in a while... But back then, it was the same thing. As soon as you cross the line into new version numbers... Your phone is toast. It's just gonna be a constant hassle until the day you get a new phone. It just is. I have had:

G1, G2, Mytouch 4G Slide, HTC One X, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Note 3, Note 4, Moto X Pure, S7 Edge.

I'd say at this point I can definitive say that I am right about this. Every single one of them became a laggy shadow of its former self after a major system update. Also, using SD cards will make the issues worse.
    I wonder if it's more app related. That would certainly happen with my 6P as I took the bleeding edge updates that Google phones get. Many apps would become problematic and cause issues with the phone, until I either deleted them or the developer updated them for the new release. The hardest part can be figuring out exactly which app is causing the issue, especially if you don't have root.
    12-07-2016 07:21 AM
    I average anywhere between 3-16% per hour. Online games and stuff. War Robots can be such a battery eater.
    I don't play any hardcore games, so don't get that kind of drain. But your battery life does not sound too bad if you're gaming and seeing even a 16% loss an hour. That's over 6 hours of SOT time.
    12-07-2016 07:23 AM
    I don't play any hardcore games, so don't get that kind of drain. But your battery life does not sound too bad if you're gaming and seeing even a 16% loss an hour. That's over 6 hours of SOT time.
    GSAM says I average around 16hrs standby on 4hrs screen on time based on my data. Although I never try reaching that as I usually charge at 40% until 90%
    12-07-2016 08:41 AM
    Doesn't sound too bad for what sounds like fairly heavy use. Charge it up to 100% some night and unplug it while you're sleeping. That will tell you if doze is running correctly. On my 6P, apps would keep the phone from dozing, and you'd see big idle drains overnight, a sure sign you have a rogue app somewhere.
    12-07-2016 12:23 PM
62 123