Lag City on New S7 Edge

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Got the Carol blue new from bestbuy on Nov 24th and the thing is laggy, especially when ideal for some time and I try to open a notification from the lock screen.

I might be just spoiled coming from Nexus 6p. That Sucker never hesitated no matter how much I abuse it.

I hardly have 3 or 4 apps open in the background, but this stutter and lag is so annoying.
I don't feel any lag when I'm using the phone and multitasking. But as soon as I set it down for few minutes and come back to it, it hesitates and lags as I start using it.

Is that normal?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Check for updates again and clear cache.
No updates. I'm on October security patch. I have cleared storage cache and system partition cache earlier. Let's see how this goes.

Question, do you have your animation at 1x or 0.5x animation?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I had it at 0.5x and thought maybe it was causing it lol. I'm kind of disappointed with this lag.

I have had tab s2 tablet for almost 2 years now and that thing never ever lagged and not even one single reset. This phone has better specs and still lags. My S7 Edge is less than one week old. Uurrrggghhh

Evobyte

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I had it at 0.5x and thought maybe it was causing it lol. I'm kind of disappointed with this lag.

I have had tab s2 tablet for almost 2 years now and that thing never ever lagged and not even one single reset. This phone has better specs and still lags. My S7 Edge is less than one week old. Uurrrggghhh

Return it, all s7s lag. Just depends on which ***** you ask. If you ask guys who have only had Samsung phones they'll tell you no, then if you ask peeps who've had a 6p, moto, pixel xl they'll tell ya the lag is gking insane!

Grab a pixel xl, call it a day and if it like using Samsung pay, buy a gear s3. My pixel xl is rooted and I'm still able to use Samsung pay on the gear s3

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Return it, all s7s lag. Just depends on which ***** you ask. If you ask guys who have only had Samsung phones they'll tell you no, then if you ask peeps who've had a 6p, moto, pixel xl they'll tell ya the lag is gking insane!

Grab a pixel xl, call it a day and if it like using Samsung pay, buy a gear s3. My pixel xl is rooted and I'm still able to use Samsung pay on the gear s3

Bull****. I've had every manufacturer produced product and I'd put my phone up against any of them.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I came from 6p and it's sitting right next to me as I type this on my Carol blue S7 Edge. It's calling my name and laughing at me lol. I love the hardware though!
Bull****. I've had every manufacturer produced product and I'd put my phone up against any of them.
I'm just calling it the way I see it. Lag is very noticeable on S7 Edge compared to, well, at least the Nexus 6p sitting right next to me. And I have had that Sucker for over a year compared to less than a week on S7 Edge.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not saying it's as smooth as stock Android. You knew that before you bought it.

But my phone has very little lag at all. And I'm currently using it next to an iphone 7.

I must also say I'm on the Nougat beta, which is phenomenal.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm not saying it's as smooth as stock Android. You knew that before you bought it.

But my phone has very little lag at all. And I'm currently using it next to an iphone 7.

Yeah compared to my Pixel the S7 and S7E takes noticeably longer to perform tasks. Obviously like you stated it is stock Android vs TouchWiz from Samsung. Personally, not a big fan of TouchWiz. All the Samsung phones I have had got major lag issues.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Yep. I was a note 3 and 4 user as well. I'm keeping S7 Edge as hardware look and feel cancels out the bit of lag here and there. I honestly got tired carrying around the huge 6p. S7 edge form and size is just perfect.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I was a note 3 and 4 user as well. I'm keeping S7 Edge as hardware look and feel cancels out the bit of lag here and there. I honestly got tired carrying around the huge 6p. S7 edge form and size is just perfect.

I love what Samsung did with the size of this phone. It is perfect.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Depends on your definition of lag. If you want instantaneous response, stock Android is the way to go. Samsung has put more animations in the phone than stock, plus the overlay so there will be a slight slower response. Personally my definition of lag is 'no response' or 'stuttering response'. And the S7 doesn't stutter. Personally I like the hardware on the S7 but use Nova Launcher on it, eliminating the 'natural' slower response of TouchWiz launcher.

Also I have to point out that I am using an Exynos version of the S7 Edge. Various speedtests and benchmarking sites have shown faster than the Snapdragon versions in the US. Here's a video that shows on the same taskset, the Exynos can finish up to 40secs faster than the Snapdragons in the US have...

https://youtu.be/233f0ewFWGk

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I always laugh when they make videos like this. Who is faster doesn't mean crap when it comes to stutter and lag or day to day use.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I always laugh when they make videos like this. Who is faster doesn't mean crap when it comes to stutter and lag or day to day use.
That video actually shows the Snapdragon to be slower in loading, and slower in response when the icon is pressed. If you count that as lag, then the Snapdragon is laggier than the Exynos. So far my Exynos is buttery smooth. Probably not as fast as Pixel (can't say, not available in my country yet for me to test drive), but no lag or stutter. I do have animations at 1.5 though with Nova set to 'relaxed' speeds but that's preference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR