Lag City on New S7 Edge

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I also went from a 6P to a Blue CORAL S7E. Both sitting right here. I notice no lagginess in the S7E compared to the 6P. I have all the updates, stock and I dumped my cache from Recovery after doing the updates. USA model, Verizon. Works very fast and smooth, always.

I had a Note 7 for about 10 days before the 2nd recall, and that phone had some noticeable lag to it. So I was kind of expecting that with the S7E, but am very pleasantly surprised with how fast it is.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

That was the short form of Return it please Samsung is not for you I have used almost all flagships including all iphones and I think the S7 edge is the best phone that has ever been created. But it's not for some people and you sound like one of them so you should just return it. Don't waste your money.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had issues due to the stupid wifi bug but once you turn off wifi scanning in location settings mine went back to being a nice normal non laggy phone.
is your phone running hot and lagging?

Evobyte

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
ya got all the samsung nut jobs all worked up man good job lol,,, ok lets just pretend the s7 edge doesnt lagg, everyone happy? 6p lags, pixels laggs, samsung is king, no lagg.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I had issues due to the stupid wifi bug but once you turn off wifi scanning in location settings mine went back to being a nice normal non laggy phone.
is your phone running hot and lagging?
Laggy yes, hot no.
I just turned wifi scanning off. How is that related to lag? Do I need to wipe cache again?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Laggy yes, hot no.
I just turned wifi scanning off. How is that related to lag? Do I need to wipe cache again?
I'm more concerned as to why it's not hot but lagging. Lag on any computer, smartphones included, is usually associated with an overtaxed processor. At least, that's when there aren't any inherent software problems like bad drivers, bad hardware, or bad registries. In your case sounds like an inherent software problem. Doubt a cache wipe will work but no harm in trying.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm more concerned as to why it's not hot but lagging. Lag on any computer, smartphones included, is usually associated with an overtaxed processor. At least, that's when there aren't any inherent software problems like bad drivers, bad hardware, or bad registries. In your case sounds like an inherent software problem. Doubt a cache wipe will work but no harm in trying.
Info just now after just some normal browsing and texting. CPU seems high to me at 60% high? I only had email, text, browser and the phone info app open before I jumped in to check stats.

1480638836438.jpg

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
ya got all the samsung nut jobs all worked up man good job lol,,, ok lets just pretend the s7 edge doesnt lagg, everyone happy? 6p lags, pixels laggs, samsung is king, no lagg.
Dude, I own a 6P and S7E. Do you? MY S7E is no more laggy than my 6P. If you consider the 6P laggy, then yeah, I guess you'd think my S7E is too. I however do not.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Info just now after just some normal browsing and texting. CPU seems high to me at 60% high? I only had email, text, browser and the phone info app open before I jumped in to check stats.

View attachment 247219
Your CPU is working overtime for some reason. Could be related to your lag. Just opened up a game (Clash Royale) with Viber receiving messages on the background, on switching to AIDA64, it showed me CPU utilization was 32%.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Your CPU is working overtime for some reason. Could be related to your lag. Just opened up a game (Clash Royale) with Viber receiving messages on the background, on switching to AIDA64, it showed me CPU utilization was 32%.
Really appreciate your help. I posted more info on XDA. can you clear all your back ground apps and tell me what you see after using the same CPU monitoring app I am using.

Please see here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/defective-s7-edge-carol-blue-t3511240/page1

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Snapdragon. Try and let me know. Mine never goes below 30% CPU usage with no open apps. I'm thinking about a factory reset but dang it is so much work.

Here is the app
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.dp.sysmonitor.app&token=yH1tt7nJ
Closed all apps via the close all button in the app switcher, but I still have some apps running in the background (Tasker, Floatify, etc, too much hassle to close them). Mine is running at usually 20% with a few random spikes

dce3b85939f933ce4d5e1ea8584a19b2.jpg

All 8 cores present, 2 of them offline at the moment. A couple of times some cores drop down to 2%, but didnt catch them on screenshot.

21b92cbcbc3f69d5d692de5ad3e0bd7d.jpg

Seems like you'd have to find someone with a Snapdragon as well to compare. The Exynos is known to be both faster and more efficient than the Snapdragon, so I sort of doubt my findings have too much help.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I'm waiting for XDA replies to confirm. If Snapdragon folks are now were close to %30 then I have a problem. Seems like Snapdragon is 4 cores instead of 8 and that surprised me.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
My S7 lags like a ---- sometimes when I type on the keyboard. Seems to happen more often in the stock text app. Am I the only one experiencing this?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Laggy yes, hot no.

my s7 edge had the wifi bug where it would constantly switch on and off, it was causing my phone to lag bad but it was also running hot when this happened.
By turning wifi scanning off in the location menu it fixed the wifi from turning on and off in the normal wifi menu.
Im hoping they fix it soon. Its also on my note 4. So i believe it to be a samsung bug.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
keep it civil please... Don't make the mistake of assuming everyone else's experience matches your own.

I run a 6P as my daily driver and my wife has a S7 Edge.. .she HAD a Note 7. The two Sammys... they run fine. I see/saw few frame drops, kernel ramp-up lag is minimal, etc and all in all, both the S7 Edge and the Note 7 (in that limited time) both conducted themselves well. My wife's S7 Edge has been chugging along for about 1 1/2 months now and its still running smooth and steady.

But that's HER phone... stuff happens. There are a million moving parts in these things and if one goes south, the glitch monsters can come out in full force. The trick is figuring out what is the source of your madness and seeing what avenues are available to eliminate or mitigate them.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
With all other apps closed and at idle, I'm around 31-35% CPU Usage
Okay. That must be normal for S7 Edge phones then. I know have multiple reports confirming CPU usage on snapdragon @ idle is around 30 to 35%. I still think this is crazy high but I guess that's Samsungs world?

My 6p with the same app runs at around 2% CPU Usage. That is crazy!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781