12-07-2016 12:23 PM
62 123
tools
    Got the Carol blue new from bestbuy on Nov 24th and the thing is laggy, especially when ideal for some time and I try to open a notification from the lock screen.

I might be just spoiled coming from Nexus 6p. That Sucker never hesitated no matter how much I abuse it.

I hardly have 3 or 4 apps open in the background, but this stutter and lag is so annoying.
    I don't feel any lag when I'm using the phone and multitasking. But as soon as I set it down for few minutes and come back to it, it hesitates and lags as I start using it.

Is that normal?
    11-30-2016 05:17 PM
    No it's not. Have you factory reset it before use? Have you had updates?
    11-30-2016 06:18 PM
    No it's not. Have you factory reset it before use? Have you had updates?
    It was brand new. But yes, I got one update the same night and did factory rest since my stuff was not setup on it yet. Very strange.
    11-30-2016 06:36 PM
    Check for updates again and clear cache.
    11-30-2016 07:53 PM
    Check for updates again and clear cache.
    No updates. I'm on October security patch. I have cleared storage cache and system partition cache earlier. Let's see how this goes.

Question, do you have your animation at 1x or 0.5x animation?
    11-30-2016 08:17 PM
    No updates. I'm on October security patch. I have cleared storage cache and system partition cache earlier. Let's see how this goes.

Question, do you have your animation at 1x or 0.5x animation?
    1.5 lol.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    11-30-2016 08:56 PM
    I have mine at 0.5 and it really helps with animation lag
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-30-2016 09:09 PM
    I had it at 0.5x and thought maybe it was causing it lol. I'm kind of disappointed with this lag.

I have had tab s2 tablet for almost 2 years now and that thing never ever lagged and not even one single reset. This phone has better specs and still lags. My S7 Edge is less than one week old. Uurrrggghhh
    11-30-2016 09:58 PM
    I had it at 0.5x and thought maybe it was causing it lol. I'm kind of disappointed with this lag.

I have had tab s2 tablet for almost 2 years now and that thing never ever lagged and not even one single reset. This phone has better specs and still lags. My S7 Edge is less than one week old. Uurrrggghhh
    Return it, all s7s lag. Just depends on which ***** you ask. If you ask guys who have only had Samsung phones they'll tell you no, then if you ask peeps who've had a 6p, moto, pixel xl they'll tell ya the lag is gking insane!

Grab a pixel xl, call it a day and if it like using Samsung pay, buy a gear s3. My pixel xl is rooted and I'm still able to use Samsung pay on the gear s3
    11-30-2016 10:13 PM
    Return it, all s7s lag. Just depends on which ***** you ask. If you ask guys who have only had Samsung phones they'll tell you no, then if you ask peeps who've had a 6p, moto, pixel xl they'll tell ya the lag is gking insane!

Grab a pixel xl, call it a day and if it like using Samsung pay, buy a gear s3. My pixel xl is rooted and I'm still able to use Samsung pay on the gear s3
    Bull****. I've had every manufacturer produced product and I'd put my phone up against any of them.
    chanchan05 likes this.
    11-30-2016 10:17 PM

I came from 6p and it's sitting right next to me as I type this on my Carol blue S7 Edge. It's calling my name and laughing at me lol. I love the hardware though!
    Bull****. I've had every manufacturer produced product and I'd put my phone up against any of them.
    I'm just calling it the way I see it. Lag is very noticeable on S7 Edge compared to, well, at least the Nexus 6p sitting right next to me. And I have had that Sucker for over a year compared to less than a week on S7 Edge.
    11-30-2016 10:22 PM
    I'm not saying it's as smooth as stock Android. You knew that before you bought it.

But my phone has very little lag at all. And I'm currently using it next to an iphone 7.

I must also say I'm on the Nougat beta, which is phenomenal.
    11-30-2016 10:30 PM
    I'm not saying it's as smooth as stock Android. You knew that before you bought it.

But my phone has very little lag at all. And I'm currently using it next to an iphone 7.

Yeah compared to my Pixel the S7 and S7E takes noticeably longer to perform tasks. Obviously like you stated it is stock Android vs TouchWiz from Samsung. Personally, not a big fan of TouchWiz. All the Samsung phones I have had got major lag issues.
    11-30-2016 10:37 PM

Yep. I was a note 3 and 4 user as well. I'm keeping S7 Edge as hardware look and feel cancels out the bit of lag here and there. I honestly got tired carrying around the huge 6p. S7 edge form and size is just perfect.
    AustinTech likes this.
    11-30-2016 10:47 PM
    Yep. I was a note 3 and 4 user as well. I'm keeping S7 Edge as hardware look and feel cancels out the bit of lag here and there. I honestly got tired carrying around the huge 6p. S7 edge form and size is just perfect.
    I love what Samsung did with the size of this phone. It is perfect.
    11-30-2016 10:52 PM

Depends on your definition of lag. If you want instantaneous response, stock Android is the way to go. Samsung has put more animations in the phone than stock, plus the overlay so there will be a slight slower response. Personally my definition of lag is 'no response' or 'stuttering response'. And the S7 doesn't stutter. Personally I like the hardware on the S7 but use Nova Launcher on it, eliminating the 'natural' slower response of TouchWiz launcher.

Also I have to point out that I am using an Exynos version of the S7 Edge. Various speedtests and benchmarking sites have shown faster than the Snapdragon versions in the US. Here's a video that shows on the same taskset, the Exynos can finish up to 40secs faster than the Snapdragons in the US have...

jordans0nly and Tsepz_GP like this.
    11-30-2016 10:53 PM
    I always laugh when they make videos like this. Who is faster doesn't mean crap when it comes to stutter and lag or day to day use.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    11-30-2016 11:13 PM
    I always laugh when they make videos like this. Who is faster doesn't mean crap when it comes to stutter and lag or day to day use.
    That video actually shows the Snapdragon to be slower in loading, and slower in response when the icon is pressed. If you count that as lag, then the Snapdragon is laggier than the Exynos. So far my Exynos is buttery smooth. Probably not as fast as Pixel (can't say, not available in my country yet for me to test drive), but no lag or stutter. I do have animations at 1.5 though with Nova set to 'relaxed' speeds but that's preference.
    11-30-2016 11:28 PM
    Return it please. Samsung is not for you.
    chanchan05 and jordans0nly like this.
    12-01-2016 12:49 AM
    Return it please. Samsung is not for you.
    Hahaha.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    12-01-2016 12:51 AM
    I also went from a 6P to a Blue CORAL S7E. Both sitting right here. I notice no lagginess in the S7E compared to the 6P. I have all the updates, stock and I dumped my cache from Recovery after doing the updates. USA model, Verizon. Works very fast and smooth, always.

I had a Note 7 for about 10 days before the 2nd recall, and that phone had some noticeable lag to it. So I was kind of expecting that with the S7E, but am very pleasantly surprised with how fast it is.
    chanchan05 likes this.
    12-01-2016 07:15 AM
    Hahaha.
    That was the short form of Return it please Samsung is not for you I have used almost all flagships including all iphones and I think the S7 edge is the best phone that has ever been created. But it's not for some people and you sound like one of them so you should just return it. Don't waste your money.
    12-01-2016 07:57 AM
    I had issues due to the stupid wifi bug but once you turn off wifi scanning in location settings mine went back to being a nice normal non laggy phone.
    is your phone running hot and lagging?
    12-01-2016 11:15 AM
    ya got all the samsung nut jobs all worked up man good job lol,,, ok lets just pretend the s7 edge doesnt lagg, everyone happy? 6p lags, pixels laggs, samsung is king, no lagg.
    12-01-2016 02:34 PM
    I had issues due to the stupid wifi bug but once you turn off wifi scanning in location settings mine went back to being a nice normal non laggy phone.
    is your phone running hot and lagging?
    Laggy yes, hot no.
    I just turned wifi scanning off. How is that related to lag? Do I need to wipe cache again?
    12-01-2016 05:49 PM
62 123