I have to be honest... All the posts about problems with the screen and lines appearing give me some trepidation... But then I think... How many never have that issue? And should I just have a wait and see attitude or exchange it for a different brand?
    12-04-2016 12:03 AM
    If you don't have the problem then don't worry about it. There are a million things which may go wrong with your phone but the flip side of that is that there are millions of prefect examples of these phones out there.

People post on here to get assistance when something goes wrong. There's nothing wrong with my phone and if I posted this every day it would get very boring very quickly.
    12-04-2016 01:55 AM
    I've owned two S7 Edge phones since the first week of March and haven't had the problem ever. Not worried one bit.
    12-04-2016 02:30 AM
    The internet , google and forums etc are wonderful tools to both learn , find information and share too.

Unfortunately they can have a negative impact too.

The amount of times in the past I've seen a thread about an issue and finding myself then looking at my phone for that same issue is frightening.

Not anymore.
    12-04-2016 04:25 AM
    Haven't had that exact problem but being a previous note 7 owner/survivor I then bought the S7 edge as a replacement which as soon as i began using it would reboot once or twice per day. I took it back to the shop and they reflashed the software and then blamed me for installing third party apps and saying that these apps were probably misbehaving and causing problems.

The reboots stopped for a couple of weeks but two nights ago came back with a vengeance, freezing, heating up the phone then rebooting every 2 minutes or so and sometimes displaying a band of small coloured rectangles across the bottom half of the screen during the freezing element of the problem.

Samsung are now sending a courier tomorrow to pick it up so we'll see what happens now. The phone is almost 2 months old. As you can imagine, I wished I had bought another brand of phone after the Note 7 debacle of which I still own the £52 Samsung led flip wallet which Samsung told me that they wouldn't be refunding me for.
    12-04-2016 04:57 AM
    Seems a lot of issues are in other countries...
    12-04-2016 11:38 AM
    All I know is if I saw pink or purple hue lines I would be returning the phone inmediately. That's a manufacture defect and as long as it's within 12 months of new purchase date it should be a covered replacement
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    12-04-2016 12:27 PM
    All I know is if I saw pink or purple hue lines I would be returning the phone inmediately. That's a manufacture defect and as long as it's within 12 months of new purchase date it should be a covered replacement
    And that's the problem... Samsung isn't always cooperative... I have insurance on it. I'm praying and hoping it never has that issue.
    12-04-2016 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD