Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that something odd is going on when using those two apps. When I get to the end of a sentence and type a period and start a new sentence its doing this

This is a test . this is a

instead of this

This is a test. This is a

I've contacted Samsung but without any resolution. I cleared cache, did a hard reboot, system is up to date. Reset keyboard. Nothing has fixed the issue. This issue is only going on in those two apps. No other app where you type. I also installed a 3rd party email app and when I type in it, it types fine. So the issue is only in the gmail and the default email apps.
    12-04-2016 01:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This kind of thing can happen sometimes with Android System Webview updates. Go to the Play Store and search for Android System Webview. If it's up to date, try tapping Uninstall, which will revert it to the factory version. If it works now, then wait until the next update for Android System Webview, and try updating it again to see if they ironed out the glitch.
    12-04-2016 06:27 PM
    I just started having the same problem on thursday.

And the above comment fixes the problem... I hate when updates cause more problems... Now onto why my edge feeds do not work...

Chris
    12-04-2016 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD