4G Logo Flickering

cveteca

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I noticed this issue a few days ago. Whenever I am hooked on Wi-FI my 4G logo keeps flickering. What is worse, I think this causes huge battery drain, because my Cell Standby is on 40%.
Attached you can see a GIF with the issue. It's not mine because I don't know how to make one, just found it in another tread. Also I am not on AT&T (and the USA).
Smart WI-Fi Switch is Turned Off, as well as Download Boaster.
Any ideas what could be the cause of the issue and how to fix it?

Attachments

• Flicker.gif
    Flicker.gif
    114.2 KB · Views: 24

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have Mobile Data turned on, yes? Turn it off when you're on wifi. (Learn how to use Tasker and automate the process - my mobile data turns off when I leave my wifi signal, and turns off when I return. If you need the file, once you get Tasker installed and try to figure it out [the documentation online is poor], message me and I'll send you mine with a note of where to change the wifi SSID [the name of your wifi signal].)

cveteca

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes Mobile data is turned on and when I turn it off it is OK. But thats not exactly what I want. I prefer to fix the issue somehow.

atomicpower

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine was doing that too and it was due to the "follow me" feature (instead of manually putting in a location) of a weather app. My guess is the phone was constantly pinging w/ att towers or something. I dunno if it was the app or att....can someone recommend a weather app that uses the "follow me" feature that doesn't constantly connect to 4g every 5 seconds?