Samsung Cloud Fails to Backup

Macy72

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I have an S7 Edge and before doing a factory reset backed up everything to Samsung Cloud. This worked fine and when the phone was reset I managed to restore everything just fine. Brilliant. But now I want to backup again a week later but the backup keeps failing. I tried removing the account, clearing the cache and data but still no luck. Has anyone else had this problem and/or know of a solution?

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Update from Samsung

We are aware of the issue with the Samsung Cloud and we're working on getting this sorted as quickly as possible. The fix for this is scheduled to launch from the 21st December. ^LH

Macy72

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Some have received an OTA update and it seems to have fixed the problem. Just need to wait for the update to hit your phone. I'm still patiently waiting myself.

Macy72

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I tried that last week. No joy either. But if you go into settings > accounts you should see Samsung account and it should give you the option to remove account. Good luck.

iordan2000

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Settings ---> Accounts ---> Samsung Account ---> [click on your email] ---> More (top right) ---> Remove account
For cache/data: Settings ---> Applications ---> Application manager ---> More ---> Show system apps and then you can find Samsung account and Samsung Cloud. But I don't think this'll help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair