01-26-2017 12:27 PM
60 123
tools
    Screen sensitivity was a huge issue for me with the otterbox defender. If you do a lot of typing I would not recommend it.
    which brings up a point: that little USB adapter that came with your phone, to be used to transfer data from your old phone is also useful for attaching USB drives, or for that matter an honest-to-Bob keyboard.

It is, however, too bulky to fit into the S7 via the openings provided by the Otter box or other cases such as the Unicorn I am currently using.

So if you want to use that little OTG adapter with these cases, then you will want to get a little micro-USB extension cable.
    12-14-2016 10:01 AM
    I've been using the the clear film 3 pack from Verizon Wireless. Has been working fine for me.
    12-17-2016 04:33 PM
    I was just logging on here to complain about the same thing. I've had the phone for about 3 weeks now...and I've tried 3 different glass screen protectors. ALL OF THEM GARBAGE.

I ordered Yootech...and it ended up being a static-cling type, not the film applied with liquid like i loved on my Note7. So...now I'm waiting for another brand to arrive today.

Having said that...my reason for wanting a screen protector has more to do with the Manufacturer Oleophobic coating on the screen. After a while it rubs off and the phone attracts prints like crazy. So i'm trying to preserve some of that original coating by using a screen protector.
    12-17-2016 05:28 PM
    I was just logging on here to complain about the same thing. I've had the phone for about 3 weeks now...and I've tried 3 different glass screen protectors. ALL OF THEM GARBAGE.

I ordered Yootech...and it ended up being a static-cling type, not the film applied with liquid like i loved on my Note7. So...now I'm waiting for another brand to arrive today.

Having said that...my reason for wanting a screen protector has more to do with the Manufacturer Oleophobic coating on the screen. After a while it rubs off and the phone attracts prints like crazy. So i'm trying to preserve some of that original coating by using a screen protector.
    Which one did you get?
    12-17-2016 05:42 PM
    Haven't used a screen protector just use a thin black Incipio case

Works great
    mysamsungs7e likes this.
    12-17-2016 09:32 PM
    Which one did you get?
    This one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5612574
    pkcable likes this.
    12-18-2016 02:16 PM
    Thanks
    12-18-2016 02:56 PM
    Please note they also have a case friendly model, which I bought. It's not tempered glass, but it works....
    12-18-2016 08:58 PM
    I have the otterbox defender and the built in screen protector sucks. I popped it out and added a zagg protector. Typing is so much better now.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    12-20-2016 05:15 AM
    12-20-2016 09:59 AM
    I have this.

The texture was kind of weird at first, but it works well.

You have to place it perfectly though, out you may have to trim it in-place to keep your external case from peeling an edge up.
    12-20-2016 11:38 AM
    Another Armor Suit like the one above, but this is case friendly. I use it with the Otterbox Symmetry case. Works very well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5615032
    pkcable likes this.
    12-20-2016 12:45 PM
    Hope they release a flat version of the S8 or a flat version of the note 8...I hate having limited options because of a limited edge screen lol
    01-05-2017 01:02 AM
    Hope they release a flat version of the S8 or a flat version of the note 8...I hate having limited options because of a limited edge screen lol
    From what I read, rumors are no flat display and two curved sizes...5.7 and 6.2!!! Is Samsung completely losing it??? What about a 5.5 for people who don't want a note size or phablet?
    01-05-2017 06:28 AM
    What case or screen protector did you end up going with?
    01-05-2017 09:41 AM
    FWIW, the "new version" of the Zagg Curved screen protector works flawlessly with no loss of touch sensitivity and it adheres great. I've had it for a few weeks and can now say that there finally is a screen protector that works on the S7 Edge. The original Zagg glass was horrible, and so were a few others that I tried and returned.
    Yes, it's too expensive, but it does work if you have $50 to shell out to protect a $700 phone!
    Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Screen Protector - InvisibleShield Glass Curve | ZAGG
    01-05-2017 11:17 AM
    FWIW, the "new version" of the Zagg Curved screen protector works flawlessly with no loss of touch sensitivity and it adheres great. I've had it for a few weeks and can now say that there finally is a screen protector that works on the S7 Edge. The original Zagg glass was horrible, and so were a few others that I tried and returned.
    Yes, it's too expensive, but it does work if you have $50 to shell out to protect a $700 phone!
    No gold and black is sold out. Ugh and it's $55!
    01-05-2017 12:21 PM
    Does nobody here understand the reason for this?

Let me explain:

Every edge device will have a tolerance on the radius of the curves on the glass. Every device will vary ever so slightly, might even be in the micron range. These variances are why you'll never get a curved glass protector, you'd literally need a custom made mating part to fit exactly to your device. Even the S7 doesn't have a full protector due to the curves on the edge of the device.

So basically, they'll never exist. I'm hoping Samsung start bringing out flat panels again, getting tired of scratching my screen/breaking it due to not being able to have that safety net of a glass protector.
    01-05-2017 05:52 PM
    zagg invisishield film works great
    01-05-2017 06:37 PM
    I have this one, really good:

https://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/
    01-09-2017 08:25 AM
    Are you using the Zagg with or without a case?
    01-09-2017 10:01 AM
    Are you using the Zagg with or without a case?
    It works with the Samsung Clear case and a Story Leather slim case.
    It does not go entirely to the edge so I think most cases still work with the new Zagg.
    01-09-2017 07:15 PM
    OK folks what will work on this phone? Glass has its issues...film does too. Helpppp
    I got the Otterbox Defender and the screen protector on the S7 edge version of this case isn't the crappy plastic that's seen on other Defender cases. It's pretty high-quality plastic and it's great!
    01-09-2017 07:45 PM
    It works with the Samsung Clear case and a Story Leather slim case.
    It does not go entirely to the edge so I think most cases still work with the new Zagg.
    Thanks!
    01-10-2017 08:34 AM
    will that Zagg work with Otterbox symmetry?
    01-20-2017 01:04 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD