OK I'm at my wit's end regarding finding a good screen protector

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I gave up after buying and discarding 5 glass protectors.

I do not like the Tpu variants.

Now I just use it naked.

Had it naked since March 16 with no issues.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The HD contour by bodyguardz works great for me. It's not glass, but it keeps my screen protected from scratches at least. I've had it on for 3 months now and there hasnt been any lifting on the edges and its been fine with a case. After wasting money on three tempered ones that didn't work I just tried a regular one.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have used the Otter box Defender series on all my phones up to now and it has been awesome. Not a single broken phone, and I do drop them from time to time.

With that said, there have been quite a few complaints ascot the Edge version of the Defender boxes: the screen protector is thick and so some people have had problems with screen sensitivity.

Currently, I am using Armorshield screen protector, which is a plastic sheet. The big issue is that if it isn't placed perfectly, then your case may cause an edge to peel up, which is annoying, to say the least.

It should do a fine job of protecting against scratches, but it doesn't have quite the touch-sensitivity that my Galaxy S4 in the Otterbox Defender has.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a Yootech 2nd version on mine. No peeling or anything, but i use very thin cases.. so im not sure if it would peel if you had a larger case on it.

CheungJeb

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm using spigen Crystal HD screen protector and it works great with all my cases, one month with it and no peeling, some of the cases I have put it with are spigen armor, Speck candyshell, caseology, skinit and casemate

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted a glass screen protector, but I keep my phone in a wallet case. So the phone snaps in so any glass would interfere. I got the armor shield, and after the third try to place it well, and then letting it dry 15 mins, then smoothing down the curved sides, then letting it sit the recommended 12 hours, it looks and feels really good and snaps into the case with no issues. The armor does say case friendly, and it seems to live up to that claim

I also like that it comes with a little spray bottle of the liquid to adhere it, instead of the needed dish soap and water.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox link

Note - a plastic cover protects the screen against scratches, but not against breaking if you drop the phone. (Although I've dropped phones in Otterboxes more than once - the rubber does protect the entire phone, including the screen.) A glass protector gets scratched as easily as the glass on the phone - they're the same hardness - but if the phone is dropped hard enough to break the glass, tempered glass crumbles into little pieces (and takes the screen glass with it), it doesn't break into sharp shards.
If you want real protection against breakage, you'll have to wait until they invent real transparent aluminum.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Like I said, the Otterbox has taken a real bearing with my phones in the past. I generally have to replace them about every eight months or so: either I break the case, or the rubberized part stretched out.

For what it's worth, the rubber part and the screen protector are proof against most industrial chemicals, as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie