OK I'm at my wit's end regarding finding a good screen protector

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been using armorsuit brand they have installed perfectly on two phones it's just a film not glass

I just bought a phone last week and I went with an Armorsuit protector as well because of the recommendations on this site. The install went great. I used a hair dryer and held the corners for a couple of minutes. The phone is in a Spigen Neo Hybrid and no problems yet.

Thanks fellow AC members.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for the Otterbox. I think with the curved screen phones you will almost ALWAYS have trouble with tradition screen protectors, but the Otterbox works differently and should provide the coverage you seek! :)

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Another vote for the Otterbox. I think with the curved screen phones you will almost ALWAYS have trouble with tradition screen protectors, but the Otterbox works differently and should provide the coverage you seek! :)
Just concerned about the tactile experience...and once that protector gets scratched...it's useless.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Screen sensitivity was a huge issue for me with the otterbox defender. If you do a lot of typing I would not recommend it.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Screen sensitivity was a huge issue for me with the otterbox defender. If you do a lot of typing I would not recommend it.
which brings up a point: that little USB adapter that came with your phone, to be used to transfer data from your old phone is also useful for attaching USB drives, or for that matter an honest-to-Bob keyboard.

It is, however, too bulky to fit into the S7 via the openings provided by the Otter box or other cases such as the Unicorn I am currently using.

So if you want to use that little OTG adapter with these cases, then you will want to get a little micro-USB extension cable.

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I was just logging on here to complain about the same thing. I've had the phone for about 3 weeks now...and I've tried 3 different glass screen protectors. ALL OF THEM GARBAGE.

I ordered Yootech...and it ended up being a static-cling type, not the film applied with liquid like i loved on my Note7. So...now I'm waiting for another brand to arrive today.

Having said that...my reason for wanting a screen protector has more to do with the Manufacturer Oleophobic coating on the screen. After a while it rubs off and the phone attracts prints like crazy. So i'm trying to preserve some of that original coating by using a screen protector.

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I was just logging on here to complain about the same thing. I've had the phone for about 3 weeks now...and I've tried 3 different glass screen protectors. ALL OF THEM GARBAGE.

I ordered Yootech...and it ended up being a static-cling type, not the film applied with liquid like i loved on my Note7. So...now I'm waiting for another brand to arrive today.

Having said that...my reason for wanting a screen protector has more to do with the Manufacturer Oleophobic coating on the screen. After a while it rubs off and the phone attracts prints like crazy. So i'm trying to preserve some of that original coating by using a screen protector.
Which one did you get?

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the otterbox defender and the built in screen protector sucks. I popped it out and added a zagg protector. Typing is so much better now.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hope they release a flat version of the S8 or a flat version of the note 8...I hate having limited options because of a limited edge screen lol
From what I read, rumors are no flat display and two curved sizes...5.7 and 6.2!!! Is Samsung completely losing it??? What about a 5.5 for people who don't want a note size or phablet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34