OK I'm at my wit's end regarding finding a good screen protector

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, the "new version" of the Zagg Curved screen protector works flawlessly with no loss of touch sensitivity and it adheres great. I've had it for a few weeks and can now say that there finally is a screen protector that works on the S7 Edge. The original Zagg glass was horrible, and so were a few others that I tried and returned.
Yes, it's too expensive, but it does work if you have $50 to shell out to protect a $700 phone!
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Screen Protector - InvisibleShield Glass Curve | ZAGG

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, the "new version" of the Zagg Curved screen protector works flawlessly with no loss of touch sensitivity and it adheres great. I've had it for a few weeks and can now say that there finally is a screen protector that works on the S7 Edge. The original Zagg glass was horrible, and so were a few others that I tried and returned.
Yes, it's too expensive, but it does work if you have $50 to shell out to protect a $700 phone!
No gold and black is sold out. Ugh and it's $55!

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Does nobody here understand the reason for this?

Let me explain:

Every edge device will have a tolerance on the radius of the curves on the glass. Every device will vary ever so slightly, might even be in the micron range. These variances are why you'll never get a curved glass protector, you'd literally need a custom made mating part to fit exactly to your device. Even the S7 doesn't have a full protector due to the curves on the edge of the device.

So basically, they'll never exist. I'm hoping Samsung start bringing out flat panels again, getting tired of scratching my screen/breaking it due to not being able to have that safety net of a glass protector.

Last edited:

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Are you using the Zagg with or without a case?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
OK folks what will work on this phone? Glass has its issues...film does too. Helpppp

I got the Otterbox Defender and the screen protector on the S7 edge version of this case isn't the crappy plastic that's seen on other Defender cases. It's pretty high-quality plastic and it's great!

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Finding a tempered glass screen protector for the edge is just not possible yet.. I ended up getting the armorsuit and absolutely love it.. It wont protect from hard hits like the tempered glass but it is the next best thing (IMO).. It's like a kind of rubber type protector and does not hinder the touch at all.. This protector is perfect and so easy to install.

It covers from edge to edge so there is no "Lift off" on the edges with cases. Again this one is perfect for the S7 edge.

slcbtf

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm really picky with screen protectors and have been searching around for a while. I finally think I've found the best fit for me and it's been great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5656319 Installing this took a little bit more time, but it has been flawless ever since. I did have one issue with a case that rubbed the corners, but I had another case that works fine with it.

shantheman73

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Is the adhesive on more than just the top, bottom and sides?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Otterbox Defender case with the built-in screen protector. It's not perfect but I like it and it provides great protection.

Daniel Barrett

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy offers one that the Geek Squad installs. Pay for first installation and it has lifetime warranty. Any defects, damage, lifting, anything at all really, bring it back to them, new screen protector installed.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Funny how so many have such different user experiences with the same screen protectors, I myself tried 2-3 different protectors and I found the ZAGG InvisibleShield HD the best and my most favorite protector for my S7 Edge.. Reviews on Amazon and such don't quite agree (it only got 3 stars), I've had no issues with it lifting, bubbles or interfering with the 2 cases I use (Spigen Neo Hybrid is my daily driver) yet others using this protector have experiences all of these issues. That said I already know if I do replace it I will go with the Zagg HD again, short of someone actually releasing a Glass protector that will work ith the Edge S7 (Which I highly doubt) I will go with the HD again.. ;)

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Late to the S7 Edge party; LG V10 Bootlooped and needed to get something...other than LG.
A friend has had one since release and I noticed a lot of micro scratches on his screen. Did a little research and saw that it may be a little easier to scratch than most would expect. Decided I should install a screen protector as soon as possible.
I gave up on a tempered glass protector as well. I do not use a case so the "fit with a case" was not the issue.
In most cases it was loss of screen sensitivity, halo or rainbow, edges not flush, gap around home button collecting debris....and on and on.
Tried several plastic film protectors but most would not adhere to the edges properly.
Ended up with an IQ Shield plastic film and it went on easy, can't tell it's there and more importantly the edges adhered with no problem.
The surface is very smooth (not quite like the factory screen) and is more than acceptable.
Very pleased after numerous fails with a variety of protectors out there.
https://www.amazon.com/Shield-Galaxy-Protector-LiQuidSkin-Anti-Bubble/dp/B01CURN8FY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1485454789&sr=8-3&keywords=s7+edge+iq+shield

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463