01-26-2017 12:27 PM
60 123
tools
    OK folks what will work on this phone? Glass has its issues...film does too. Helpppp
    12-11-2016 11:08 PM
    My best solution was.the otterbox defender it's not to bulky and the built in protector fits good
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    12-11-2016 11:17 PM
    I agree, the screen protector on the defender is thicker and does a good job protecting the phone
    12-11-2016 11:45 PM
    Oh? Thanks folks
    12-11-2016 11:58 PM
    Link?
    12-12-2016 12:02 AM
    Hi,

I gave up after buying and discarding 5 glass protectors.

I do not like the Tpu variants.

Now I just use it naked.

Had it naked since March 16 with no issues.
    12-12-2016 01:15 AM
    The HD contour by bodyguardz works great for me. It's not glass, but it keeps my screen protected from scratches at least. I've had it on for 3 months now and there hasnt been any lifting on the edges and its been fine with a case. After wasting money on three tempered ones that didn't work I just tried a regular one.
    12-12-2016 04:05 AM
    I have used the Otter box Defender series on all my phones up to now and it has been awesome. Not a single broken phone, and I do drop them from time to time.

With that said, there have been quite a few complaints ascot the Edge version of the Defender boxes: the screen protector is thick and so some people have had problems with screen sensitivity.

Currently, I am using Armorshield screen protector, which is a plastic sheet. The big issue is that if it isn't placed perfectly, then your case may cause an edge to peel up, which is annoying, to say the least.

It should do a fine job of protecting against scratches, but it doesn't have quite the touch-sensitivity that my Galaxy S4 in the Otterbox Defender has.
    12-12-2016 06:51 AM
    OK folks what will work on this phone? Glass has its issues...film does too. Helpppp
    I have been using armorsuit brand they have installed perfectly on two phones it's just a film not glass
    12-12-2016 09:00 AM
    I use a Zagg screen protector with an Otterbox Commuter Case and I like the combo.
    12-12-2016 09:37 AM
    I have a Yootech 2nd version on mine. No peeling or anything, but i use very thin cases.. so im not sure if it would peel if you had a larger case on it.
    12-12-2016 09:53 AM
    ArmorShield + Speck Candyshell Grip works great. Make sure you install the protector perfectly.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    12-12-2016 11:22 AM
    I'm using spigen Crystal HD screen protector and it works great with all my cases, one month with it and no peeling, some of the cases I have put it with are spigen armor, Speck candyshell, caseology, skinit and casemate
    Dngrsone likes this.
    12-12-2016 11:38 AM
    I really wanted a glass screen protector, but I keep my phone in a wallet case. So the phone snaps in so any glass would interfere. I got the armor shield, and after the third try to place it well, and then letting it dry 15 mins, then smoothing down the curved sides, then letting it sit the recommended 12 hours, it looks and feels really good and snaps into the case with no issues. The armor does say case friendly, and it seems to live up to that claim

I also like that it comes with a little spray bottle of the liquid to adhere it, instead of the needed dish soap and water.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    12-12-2016 02:39 PM
    I just saw a video where the guy took a knife and sliced across the screen...eek...no scratches...so I think I'm good
    12-12-2016 02:46 PM
    Link?
    Otterbox link

Note - a plastic cover protects the screen against scratches, but not against breaking if you drop the phone. (Although I've dropped phones in Otterboxes more than once - the rubber does protect the entire phone, including the screen.) A glass protector gets scratched as easily as the glass on the phone - they're the same hardness - but if the phone is dropped hard enough to break the glass, tempered glass crumbles into little pieces (and takes the screen glass with it), it doesn't break into sharp shards.
    If you want real protection against breakage, you'll have to wait until they invent real transparent aluminum.
    mysamsungs7e and Dngrsone like this.
    12-12-2016 03:37 PM
    Lol good one
    12-12-2016 03:43 PM
    Like I said, the Otterbox has taken a real bearing with my phones in the past. I generally have to replace them about every eight months or so: either I break the case, or the rubberized part stretched out.

For what it's worth, the rubber part and the screen protector are proof against most industrial chemicals, as well.
    12-12-2016 04:09 PM
    Use an otterbox on mine. Works great.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    12-12-2016 05:30 PM
    Well I got a speck candy shell grip on sale for 17.99. No screen protector as of yet.
    12-12-2016 07:45 PM
    I have been using armorsuit brand they have installed perfectly on two phones it's just a film not glass
    I just bought a phone last week and I went with an Armorsuit protector as well because of the recommendations on this site. The install went great. I used a hair dryer and held the corners for a couple of minutes. The phone is in a Spigen Neo Hybrid and no problems yet.

Thanks fellow AC members.
    Dngrsone and mysamsungs7e like this.
    12-12-2016 08:13 PM
    I've used Otterbox Defender on other phones. On my S7 I went with an I-Blason Armorbox. I like it much better than the Otter Galaxy S7 Edge Case | Samsung Phone Cases | i-Blason
    12-12-2016 08:34 PM
    Another vote for the Otterbox. I think with the curved screen phones you will almost ALWAYS have trouble with tradition screen protectors, but the Otterbox works differently and should provide the coverage you seek!
    12-13-2016 09:02 AM
    Another vote for the Otterbox. I think with the curved screen phones you will almost ALWAYS have trouble with tradition screen protectors, but the Otterbox works differently and should provide the coverage you seek!
    Just concerned about the tactile experience...and once that protector gets scratched...it's useless.
    12-13-2016 10:10 AM
    Screen sensitivity was a huge issue for me with the otterbox defender. If you do a lot of typing I would not recommend it.
    12-14-2016 03:11 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD