Hey guys,

Just got an S7 edge. I was wondering when the phone is just sitting on my desk in standby mode (screen is dark) and I get an email or text, the screen doesn't light up to show me. All I hear is the notification sound and the led light flashes.

Is there a setting that would allow the screen to light up for the moment when the text or email comes up. (Sort of like iphones do).

I went to notifications and I have it set to show content on lock screen, but not sure if there's yet another setting.

Thanks everyone.
    12-17-2016 05:12 AM
    Hey guys,

Just got an S7 edge. I was wondering when the phone is just sitting on my desk in standby mode (screen is dark) and I get an email or text, the screen doesn't light up to show me. All I hear is the notification sound and the led light flashes.

Is there a setting that would allow the screen to light up for the moment when the text or email comes up. (Sort of like iphones do).

I went to notifications and I have it set to show content on lock screen, but not sure if there's yet another setting.

Thanks everyone.
    have you tried turning off screen on display?
    12-17-2016 05:24 AM
    I don't have the Always On Display turned on. It's set to off.
    12-17-2016 05:33 AM
    I have the opposite problem. Every phone I've had I have the display stay off during alerts. (I have a smartwatch I don't need it cutting on)

I switched from a Verizon s7 edge to a T-Mobile s7 edge and I transferred all my settings but that one didn't.
    12-17-2016 06:44 AM
    Hey guys,

Thanks everyone.
    Greetings. In its standard state, the GS7 will only light up when a text message is received using the stock messaging app. When you allow notifications to show on the lock screen, they will appear when you press the home button or the power button to get to the actual lock screen. FYI... this isn't the case for all Android phones but the way Samsung phones are set up for the most part. The Pixel and some of the Moto phones are examples where all messages will appear upon receipt. Once the GS7 is updated to Nougat AND they update the Samsung UI, you will be able to use the Always on Display to get all Notifications on the AOD. Hope this helps.
    12-17-2016 09:13 AM
    Actually I prefer Samsung's way. I have my phone sitting in front of me on a table quite often when I'm around others and I surely don't need them looking down and reading my messages or emails when the phone buzzes. Of course YMMV.
    12-17-2016 10:33 AM
    I found how to keep mine off... I went back to Verizon messages and no screen on when I receive a text. When using the default stock texting app the phone lights up when a text is received.
    12-17-2016 10:41 AM