Samsung fast charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know samsung fast wireless and non wireless charger have

Overcharge protection for s7 edge and wireless charger too?
Fast wireless charger plug in hours or 24 hours?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can't overcharge a device, because the device will draw as much current as it needs. The charger doesn't "push" charge into the device.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
So far, the battery charging experts agree that fast-charging and wireless charging will shorten battery life because both methods heat up the battery now than a slow charge does.

So, if you are planning on charging your phone overnight, I'd go with a slow charger. If you are an on-the-go type person who can only afford to put the phone on a charger for only fifteen minutes at a time, then consider a fast-charge or wireless charger.

If you go with a wireless charger, then pick one with active cooling (a fan).

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
So far, the battery charging experts agree that fast-charging and wireless charging will shorten battery life because both methods heat up the battery now than a slow charge does.

So, if you are planning on charging your phone overnight, I'd go with a slow charger. If you are an on-the-go type person who can only afford to put the phone on a charger for only fifteen minutes at a time, then consider a fast-charge or wireless charger.

If you go with a wireless charger, then pick one with active cooling (a fan).
Active cooling charger means samsung wireless charger official?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there have been head-to-head comparisons over time between fast charging and regular charging. I've always figured that fast charging may have an impact on battery life, but I thought that in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't really impact the average user (since the average user upgrades phones at least every 2 years).

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
That's a good question, and a tough one to answer.

After all, every user is different, and even being able to ascertain average usage and behavior is difficult.

The. Q-charge technology is still fairly new, and every generation gets its improvements, but I'd venture to say that yes, by the time the average user would tend to notice a battery issue, they are ready to replace their phone anyway. I think that's what manufacturers are counting on and why they are okay with non-user-removable batteries and quick-charging schemes.

There will always be those who will want to use their equipment beyond engineered life spans, and those people will find ways to get around the battery issue, among other problems.

And, of course, there are those who will throw a ruckus over any real or imagined quality issue, because that is their thing.

Personally, I fall into the former category. Additionally, I am a teacher, so I try to inform people of both good and bad qualities of a product so that they may make somewhat informed decisions.

Sometimes I do over-simplify things for the sake of readability (and short attention-spans) and I get called out for that.

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I means if i plug in 24 hours samsung fast wireless and wall charger then is it good for these chargers to get any issue due to 24 hours plug in?

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if there have been head-to-head comparisons over time between fast charging and regular charging. I've always figured that fast charging may have an impact on battery life, but I thought that in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't really impact the average user (since the average user upgrades phones at least every 2 years).
I charge fast at work when needed during duty , and regular at home. I also tested how big the difference is by draining to 5% and full charging. The fast charge goes from. 0-60 faster than regular charging, but slows down afterwards. Overall it shaves about more than 20min of charging time from 5 to full.

Impact on battety life can't say. The only time I know definitely fast charging can affect battery life is if the phone heats up, but mine barely heats up when fast charging.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I means if i plug in 24 hours samsung fast wireless and wall charger then is it good for these chargers to get any issue due to 24 hours plug in?

Charging rates are controlled by the phone, not the charger. All chargers will be reduced to a slight trickle when the phone is full and barely charge just enough to maintain full. 24 hours on a charger will not be harmful.

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Charging rates are controlled by the phone, not the charger. All chargers will be reduced to a slight trickle when the phone is full and barely charge just enough to maintain full. 24 hours on a charger will not be harmful.

Thanks but i am asking about these 2 chargers wall and fast wireless... 24 hours plug in issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you could clarify your question further, because it seems to have been answered more than once. Are you asking if there are any risks to keeping your phone on your Samsung fast wireless charger for 24 hrs straight compared to the plug-in fast wall charger? If so, then the answer is no, as long as your phone isn't heating up excessively during charging.

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
You also have been answered many times.

This is the third time you will be answered that chargers do not harm your phone even if plugged for 24hrs.

Again you understanding wrong dear

Dear i am asking about not phone 24 hours plug in harm am asking about these charger 24 hours plugin harm?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Again you understanding wrong dear

Dear i am asking about not phone 24 hours plug in harm am asking about these charger 24 hours plugin harm?
How many times do we have to say that plugging phones to chargers for 24hrs doesn't harm them?

It's you who is not understanding. Chargers do not harm phones even if you plug them for 24hrs. Doesn't matter what or who made your charger.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid you're still not being very clear to us. Are you asking if there is harm to the chargers themselves if they're kept plugged in constantly? If that's your question, then the answer is also no.

If that still isn't what you're trying to ask, then perhaps you could use the Google Translate site to input your question in your native language, then copy and paste the English translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome