Just got my S7 Edge...

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
One thing I was really looking forward to was Samsung pay. I've used Apple pay and liked it so I didn't think too much of it. I got my s7e yesterday and went to setup samsung pay only to find out my bank does not support it. FRUSTRATING! My bank supports Apple pay but not android or samsung pay. So bummed!

Other than that really liking the device. I still have my iPhone 6 plus but don't use it much. Coming from a Droid turbo which was my daily for the most part.

Still debating installing Nova for the gestures and icon changes, but I like samsungs calendar widget. Decisions decisions

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
One thing I was really looking forward to was Samsung pay. I've used Apple pay and liked it so I didn't think too much of it. I got my s7e yesterday and went to setup samsung pay only to find out my bank does not support it. FRUSTRATING! My bank supports Apple pay but not android or samsung pay. So bummed!

Other than that really liking the device. I still have my iPhone 6 plus but don't use it much. Coming from a Droid turbo which was my daily for the most part.

Still debating installing Nova for the gestures and icon changes, but I like samsungs calendar widget. Decisions decisions
What bank are you with. I was with Huntington and switched to chase partially due to Samsung pay lol

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
What bank are you with. I was with Huntington and switched to chase partially due to Samsung pay lol
I'm with Huntington. My wife and I have been with them for years and they have treated us well. No reason to change apart from Samsung pay. Still a bummer though.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm with Huntington. My wife and I have been with them for years and they have treated us well. No reason to change apart from Samsung pay. Still a bummer though.
Samsung has been adding new banks often so hopefully Huntington jumps on board

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Is the black pearl option out in the US? What color did you get? Getting it now means you have 7 color options available in the world for this phone. What options did you have?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I got my Carol Blue in the US about a month ago. Good phone. Love Samsung pay but Discover doesn't support it yet. so dump. My main credit card. Heard it should be coming to Discover soon.

Oh and yes, have Nova prime installed. Loving it.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have had my S7 edge for 2 weeks, as a second phone to my iPhone 7 plus. The fingerprint scanner on the S7 is significantly inferior, as it kept rejecting my prints. I had to re-input for 3 times. My iPhone is still problem free from September when I first set it up.

Another problem is Chrome crashing and rebooting the phone. Happened two times already.

Then there is the screen overlay issue... and not being able to do a REAL full backup without rooting...

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Enjoying my S7 edge. I haven't experienced any major problems setting up and using it. I installed Nova Prime; really like the flexibility and options.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Is the black pearl option out in the US? What color did you get? Getting it now means you have 7 color options available in the world for this phone. What options did you have?
I got the Onyx Black. Put it in a black Otterbox Contender case. Looks real sharp and professional which is what I was going for. No screen protector.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I got the Onyx Black. Put it in a black Otterbox Contender case. Looks real sharp and professional which is what I was going for. No screen protector.
Tmobile didn't have black and at the time they didn't have coral blue yet so I went with Gold. Black Otterbox Symmetry case-looks nice. All black though would be perfect;)

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had the S7E and iPhone 7...as far as the fingerprint scanner goes they seem about the same to me. My iPhone 7 has been rejecting my prints a lot lately, super frustrating.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Can't believe the black pearl has been out for 10 days and there's only 1 Ebay listening for it, and it's over $1,000 shipped from Korea. Can't find it anywhere else -_-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome