S7 edge screen lacks sensitivity with a screen protector

DeathTheKidd

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I just got the s7 edge a few days ago. I had sprint install a dry screen and when i started to mess around with it....my sensitivity is awful! Mainly on the right bottom where the app icon is, the back button on the key board and a couple other letters have me press on the area like 10 times to get it to type with force. Not just a light, simple tap like the rest of my phone.

I really want to get tempered glass for the 7 edge for protection but am so worried about sensitivity being worse.. theres no option to turn it up or down either which is lame. So many people are complaining about that... SAMSUNG PLEASE LISTEN TO US AND UPDATE YOUR SH!T.

I need some serious suggestions on what to do. What glass protecter will work for the edge phone with a defender otterbox case (where the built in plastic screen protector would be popped out in place of tempered glass)

People are doing it on youtube with no sensitivity problems or anything.. why is this so hard?!?!

PLEASE SEND ME HELP

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Get a better quality screen protector. Concensus is that the built in ones are bad quality. Many claim good results with the spigen curved ones. Personally I've never used screen protectors in the past 7 years of using Gorilla Glass phones and I have had no problems with the screen.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I just got the s7 edge a few days ago. I had sprint install a dry screen and when i started to mess around with it....my sensitivity is awful! Mainly on the right bottom where the app icon is, the back button on the key board and a couple other letters have me press on the area like 10 times to get it to type with force. Not just a light, simple tap like the rest of my phone.

I really want to get tempered glass for the 7 edge for protection but am so worried about sensitivity being worse.. theres no option to turn it up or down either which is lame. So many people are complaining about that... SAMSUNG PLEASE LISTEN TO US AND UPDATE YOUR SH!T.

I need some serious suggestions on what to do. What glass protecter will work for the edge phone with a defender otterbox case (where the built in plastic screen protector would be popped out in place of tempered glass)

People are doing it on youtube with no sensitivity problems or anything.. why is this so hard?!?!

PLEASE SEND ME HELP

And also, take off the protector and check if it's the protector or the phone itself which is causing the sensitivity issue at the bottom corner. If it was the protector it should be doing it all over the screen.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've tried all types of Tempered Glass Screen Protectors and unfortunately as they don't have a silicone film all over them to attach to the screen but just on the edges they are prone to pop off

I've even tried the one that adheres to the main screen and not the curved edges but that interferes with using the screen because of the ridges.

The Tpu ones feel awful to me. Also due to how tight they affix to the screen can cause sensitivity issues.

I've now been using it with no screen protector since March with no issues.

That's my conclusion.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Also I forgot to mention, you don't calibrate capacitive touch screens

http://globaldisplayengineering.com/Capacitive_Touch_Screens.php

Capacitive overlay technology uses a touch sensor that is a glass overlay with a conductive coating bonded to its surface. A low current flows across the capacitive panel and established the frequencies of four oscillator circuits at the panel's corners. When the screen is touched a conductive stylus, the impedance alters the frequency of the four oscillators. The touch coordinate is calculated from the differential frequency change of the four oscillators. This, in turn, determines the X and Y coordinate of the touch activation."

The way the capacitive screens work isn't affected by the environment in the same way as the resistive screens, they get calibrated when they are manufactured and don't need to be recalibrated again.

Hence the no turning sensitivity up or down.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

PLEASE SEND ME HELP

Try amour guard...works great with s7 edge...

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
i had a glass one on my s7 edge and it was terrible I had to push things 2 and 3x to get it to register. I have a Yootech on mine now and its working great.

TeeShark21

May 7, 2017
Visit site

PLEASE SEND ME HELP

There used to be a setting to make screen more sensitive if you were wearing gloves. Where did it go? Someone stated that if it was the protective screen cover causing this issue that it would NOT be certain spots but the entire cover would have sensitivity issues. Well thats NOT true... the problem is where the protective screen cover is not in contact with the screen itself. I have an otter box defender that is giving me problems. Someone also said that it didnt need sensitivity controls if it was already calibrated. They are wrong also.... calibration is the AREA of the screen that will react to touch/taps. Sensitivity control would make it more sensitive to taps/touches which would help this problem.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I use OEM Samsung screen protector. Did on Note 7 too. Best I've ever used on Samsung device & tried a few including Zagg.

mdimario

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Solved difficult typing issue S7 glass screen protector otterbox case. I can't believe it. I suspected that the rubber edge of my case was actually butting up tp the edge of the glass screen protector causing it to buckle somewhat and making it difficult to type. I ran my finger, up and down the screen with slight pressure and i actually heard the screen protector moving (buckling). Solution, I carefully used a rounded toothpick. I lifted the rubber edge of my Otterbox case, applied pressure along the outer edge as I slid the toothpick down. It make sure that the rubber was OVER the screen protector and not putting pressure on the edge, causing it to buckle somewhat and NOW I CAN TYPE AGAIN! HURRAY. PROBLEM SOLVED. I guess I wll need to do this every time I remove the cover. It might get used to being in the right place but it was all worth the trouble to now be able to type easily!!!! Have fun. Mike_D USA PA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC