12-21-2016 11:59 AM
30 12
tools
    Suddenly some sort of "control panel" has appeared on my S7 Edge. It works the same way as the drop down panel from Samsung, but this time it is from the bottom. I have searched all over internet to find a solution and cannot find any. The "control panel" app cannot be found in the application manager and it also shows in the lock screen if it is not hidden before the phone goes into stand-by.

The control panel looks like this, and if I press the rocket ship it launches and says "Cleaned up Memory XXXMB!":
    Help! Does anyone know what this is???-screenshot.jpg

Please, can anyone help me to remove this? I believe that this is also the root to the problem I have with "Screen overlay detected". The issues with "screen overlay" is not solved even if I disable all programs (that can appear on top), not even if I also disable the system apps. This means that I cannot set any permissions for any applications (such as allow Telegram to access photos etc.).

/J
    12-19-2016 07:35 AM
    I don't know about anyone else but your image is not appearing.
    12-19-2016 07:46 AM
    That looks like an app you may have unwiittingly downloaded.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    12-19-2016 07:50 AM
    The issue is that it is not shown in the application list.
    12-19-2016 07:58 AM
    Unfortunately, your best bet is probably going to be performing a factory reset.
    12-19-2016 08:12 AM
    If you you are are not using the Touchwiz launcer, the launcer settings may solve your issue.
    12-19-2016 08:25 AM
    Did you install any ram booster or cleaner app? Uninstall it and never install any task killer, RAM booster or the like. They're all lying anyway.
    12-19-2016 09:01 AM
    Looks like that garbage clean master app. I'd remove it if I were you
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-19-2016 09:54 AM
    No, I have never installed any ram booster or cleaner app. Therefore it is so strange that this suddenly appears.
    12-19-2016 10:08 AM
    But should this not be visible in the app manager? I cannot see any process connected to this.
    12-19-2016 10:10 AM
    There are threads with this exact same issue reported in the past. The challenge is to find it.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    12-19-2016 10:13 AM
    Yes, there are, but no solution.
    12-19-2016 10:22 AM
    I think the solution is just a factory reset. It sucks, you gotta back up your data, but nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure.
    12-19-2016 11:00 AM
    The last post in this thread says he identified it http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...hat-s-app.html
    Aquila and KPMcClave like this.
    12-19-2016 11:23 AM
    @Alanhd: a million thanks!!! I was just about to do a factory reset. I did the same as the thread you mentioned, just uninstall the " 'Weather Forecast'-app and then it disappeared. Now I can set permissions for all my apps again!!!
    Dngrsone, Aquila and KPMcClave like this.
    12-19-2016 11:49 AM
    I'm glad you read it before you had to factory reset. Score 1 for the android community.
    12-19-2016 01:19 PM
    Good find. I knew someone had that same problem. I checked certain keywords in the S7E, Note5 and Note7 threads and couldn't find it.
    jimide and Aquila like this.
    12-19-2016 02:24 PM
    Did you install any ram booster or cleaner app? Uninstall it and never install any task killer, RAM booster or the like. They're all lying anyway.
    Bam! Spot on.
    12-20-2016 07:12 AM
    First, scammy scamsters need to be put out of our misery. There is absolutely no reason this crap should be auto-installed with a weather app.

Also, the usual knee jerk advice to FDR never fails to annoy me. Android: we don't fix problems, we just write over them and try again...
    12-20-2016 07:18 AM
    We need a thread to say 'Weather Radar & Forecast' app from 'Photo Editor Creative' is Malware. Kill it with fire.
    KPMcClave and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-20-2016 05:31 PM
    First, scammy scamsters need to be put out of our misery. There is absolutely no reason this crap should be auto-installed with a weather app.

Also, the usual knee jerk advice to FDR never fails to annoy me. Android: we don't fix problems, we just write over them and try again...
    FDR is a valid solution in every case the person with the problem can't figure out which terribad app they installed that took over their stuff. We can't actually access their device and figure it out for them. What's really funny is that most of these apps, such as weather and forecast, flashlights, all that garbage - is stuff that's built into the phone in the first place.

So for those about to install 'Weather Radar & Forecast' app from 'Photo Editor Creative' - Your phone comes equipped with Google Now. Google Now includes the current conditions and hourly forecasts for today, tomorrow and the 8 days after that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-20-2016 05:35 PM
    I made the recommendation based on the OP saying that they disabled all apps and still couldn't find the culprit.

That tells me that it is hidden, and for we know, the malware was installed by an app and got left behind when the use deleted the original offender...
    Aquila likes this.
    12-20-2016 06:43 PM
    FDR is a valid solution in every case the person with the problem can't figure out which terribad app they installed that took over their stuff. We can't actually access their device and figure it out for them. What's really funny is that most of these apps, such as weather and forecast, flashlights, all that garbage - is stuff that's built into the phone in the first place.
    And burning down your house to rid yourself of an ant infestation is a valid solution, as well.
    12-20-2016 09:06 PM
    And burning down your house to rid yourself of an ant infestation is a valid solution, as well.
    That sounds invalid, both as a premise and as an analogy.

A more accurate analogy would be something like this: there are demonic burglars in your house, you don't know where can't find them and neither can your friends or the police or even your priest. You know if you don't do something, they can not only take all your possessions, they can also infest the homes of all your associates and will spread like a plague. You have a button that restores your home to its primary state, free of demonic burglars, and all of your possessions will still be yours, but you'll have to spend five minutes telling the movers where to put everything and five minutes more facing your pictures and hanging up your clothes. Ten minutes later and with almost no effort you have a fully restored, demon free home without anything being destroyed, whether in a fire or otherwise.

Or something along those lines. Your hyperbole comes off a little strange.

You see, your example burning down your home would be analogous to throwing your phone on the ground and stomping the display into sand.

A factory reset is more in line with normal spring cleaning.
    Laura Knotek and Dngrsone like this.
    12-20-2016 10:06 PM

A factory reset is more in line with normal spring cleaning.
    Particularly so to those of us who spent a decade doing just that with Win 95/98 and XP...
    12-21-2016 04:21 AM
30 12