02-07-2017 02:14 PM
55 123
tools
    Just a general rant.

I love the freedom and the fact that Android is open source. Customization to make your device as simple or complex as I want. Themes, icons, SD cards. I love it all.

Battery management might be an art meaning that everyone has a different interpretation as to what "decent" is. Or it might be a science in which we are searching for the formula that ensures the best battery life possible. However, with so many variables, the formula can never be the same unless users are running the same apps, on the same service, in the same location, with the same radios turned on, etc.

All I want for Christmas...(probably in 2017) is to forget about managing a battery and let the software determine what's best based on my habits.
    Great post, and I agree. Why doesn't Android come with a built in System app that tells you exactly what apps are using most of the battery? Who wouldn't want to know that? Tools like that would add to the OS satisfaction, IMO.

Having said that though, I feel like my S7E is finally the phone that gets it all right as far as self management. Just awesome battery life, and I'm not doing anything outside the box on it. No Doze apps, no root, no macros, wifi and BT on all the time. I turned off NFC, wifi searching, stuff like that, but I've always done that on all my Android devices.

My biggest fear is that some future update is going to screw it up!
    Tsepz_GP and Law2138 like this.
    12-22-2016 07:13 AM
    Great post, and I agree. Why doesn't Android come with a built in System app that tells you exactly what apps are using most of the battery? Who wouldn't want to know that? Tools like that would add to the OS satisfaction, IMO.

Having said that though, I feel like my S7E is finally the phone that gets it all right as far as self management. Just awesome battery life, and I'm not doing anything outside the box on it. No Doze apps, no root, no macros, wifi and BT on all the time. I turned off NFC, wifi searching, stuff like that, but I've always done that on all my Android devices.

Nougat update will bring that feature.
    Law2138 likes this.
    12-22-2016 07:41 AM
    Samsung pushed the micro updates to all N7 that prevent people from using them through crippling the charging function. Not sure if those updates are carrier-issued or not...
    12-22-2016 10:38 AM

Just download GSam, problem solved.
    12-22-2016 01:06 PM
    Just download GSam, problem solved.
    Not really. Gsam does an okay job, at best, especially the non-root version. It's better than nothing, but it often times gives no indication of an app that is chewing up battery in the background. Surprisingly, no app is very good at pinpointing those. I found that out with my rooted Nexus 6P, as we were always chasing those apps since pretty much every little update upset at least one app, until the developer could update it. The leading edge of Android updates is for sure the bleeding edge, too.
    12-22-2016 07:25 PM
    Not really. Gsam does an okay job, at best, especially the non-root version. It's better than nothing, but it often times gives no indication of an app that is chewing up battery in the background. Surprisingly, no app is very good at pinpointing those. I found that out with my rooted Nexus 6P, as we were always chasing those apps since pretty much every little update upset at least one app, until the developer could update it. The leading edge of Android updates is for sure the bleeding edge, too.
    That may be true, I only recently started using it but, it seams to work well so far.

I have to say I must be lucky. I have been running Android since the BlackBerry hay days and have never had one issue. My phones have always been snappy and lag free. And, I don't even spend much time cleaning up caches or anything. I just don't get why some people have so much trouble? I do try to only run top rated apps and don't mess around with OS's too much though. I just leave TW stock for the most part, update regularly, clean up the odd time, and use the phone.
    12-22-2016 07:52 PM
    ok you can try this stepwise

1 download battery calibration app from play store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...KYXivASxg6-oBA

then repair battery pro .

2.Now use your device untill it drains total battery .

3. charge in turn off mode to 100 โ„…
    4 . start phone with out plugging out and grant root permission ( if rooted )
    5. open battery calibration and follow calibration steps .
    6. after this go to second one downloaded and follow instructions to fix battery cells .

Done .
    if the problem still persists then may be any hardware fault is there.
    inform me about further
    good luck
    12-24-2016 01:42 AM
    calibration of battery may be needed sometimes
    12-24-2016 01:54 AM
    just drain your battery till it shut down and change it while turned off .
    use battery callibration app first and then repair battery life pro from play store to fix software issues .
    12-24-2016 01:56 AM
    i think this is global problem with Samsung 7 adge . i have seen lots of people complaining about it
    12-24-2016 03:11 AM

Bang on!

I am the same. Haven't installed Package Disabler or Greenify, I have just disabled apps I never use in the built-in App Manager, and same things you mentioned.

I am getting fantastic battery life here.

What must be noted though is that WiFi is a hell of a lot more frugal than 3G or 4G LTE on this phone.

On a mix of WiFi plus 4G LTE I get 5-7hours SOT, on a more WiFi biased usage I can get to 9hours SOT, and with 3G or 4G LTE, I will get around just over 5hours SOT.

Either way, I can rely on this phone to get me well past 15hours off charge without a worry.
    12-24-2016 10:34 AM
    i think this is global problem with Samsung 7 adge . i have seen lots of people complaining about it
    I'm not sure that's true. Most are getting great battery life from this device.
    12-24-2016 04:28 PM
    bro i am not saying that it's faulty device . i am talking about battery issues which users are reported and they are just software issues like bad battery stats etc .
    and by the way battery life of my moto is also great without spending so much bucks ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

played modern combat 5 online almost 2 hours still have 5 hours
    12-24-2016 10:10 PM
    Changing this setting from the default 'always' helps a lot with reducing idle drain. Has had the biggest impact of any battery friendly tweak I've tried by far.

12-24-2016 10:21 PM
    bro i am not saying that it's faulty device . i am talking about battery issues which users are reported and they are just software issues like bad battery stats etc .
    and by the way battery life of my moto is also great without spending so much bucks
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...79bc1321a3.jpg

I think you're mis-reading that. Says 3 hours left, but looking at the scale and seeing you're down to 50% after 2 hours, I'd say you really have 2 hours left playing that game.
    12-25-2016 05:21 AM
    and by the way battery life of my moto is also great without spending so much bucks ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...79bc1321a3.jpg

I think you're mis-reading that. Says 3 hours left, but looking at the scale and seeing you're down to 50% after 2 hours, I'd say you really have 2 hours left playing that game.
    12-25-2016 05:21 AM
    bro this is 3 showing 3 hours if i still play game . but i can do this all the day.
    time estimation is based on 50 percent usage of battery while i played game .
    so it will last more then 5 hours if i can last 3 hours of game play ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

and don't worry . your battery is better then mine
    12-25-2016 05:39 AM
    Just going on what you showed in the screen capture.
    12-25-2016 07:48 PM
    Bought an s7 edge to replace my Note 7 and have been slowly trying to switch to the edge. I still have my Note and it gets amazing battery life. I have my S7 edge setup almost identical to my Note 7, probably a little less stuff on the S7. I took the S7 off the charger at 100% at 3 am and it sat untouched on my nightstand until 5:30 am and has dropped to 91%. By noon it was at 41% with under 15 minutes of use. I took a screenshot of Gsam battery monitor but can't seem to pinpoint what is causing it. This phone should be the same or better battery wise as my Note 7 was.
    Looking at your screenshot, something is DEFINITELY up. Reading through the comments I see no one has brought it up. Your device has a very abnormal "Held Awake" time, which means your not going into a deep sleep.

Seems like a process in the Android OS / System is hanging. I'm not on an S7Edge, but am running an S7Edge ROM on a Note 4 and haven't nearly as much Held Awake time as you.

I would shut down completely, charge all the way up to 100 and clear cache partition. Then after that, use the phone normally. If your held awake time is almost as high as your uptime you should just backup with Smart Switch and factory reset.
    Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery life coming from Note 7 to S7 Edge-2641.jpg ย 
    12-28-2016 11:45 AM
    With Nougat for the S7 Edge. They did something right and its exactly what I'm looking for.
    Performance Optimizer and Battery Analysis included.

Horrible battery life coming from Note 7 to S7 Edge-screenshot_20170120-123902.jpgHorrible battery life coming from Note 7 to S7 Edge-screenshot_20170120-123920.jpgHorrible battery life coming from Note 7 to S7 Edge-screenshot_20170120-123928.jpg
    01-20-2017 11:52 AM
    Changing this setting from the default 'always' helps a lot with reducing idle drain. Has had the biggest impact of any battery friendly tweak I've tried by far.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...727dfb9855.jpg
    Gonna try this but so far nothing works. Battery life is just atrocious. I even uninstalled the Facebook app and didn't really notice any differenceAttachment 250563
    Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery life coming from Note 7 to S7 Edge-4615.jpg ย 
    01-20-2017 07:11 PM
    44% gone in just over 5 hours with basically no use.
    Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery life coming from Note 7 to S7 Edge-4614.jpg ย 
    01-20-2017 07:16 PM
    44% gone in just over 5 hours with basically no use.
    You also need to show the app usage page - that's 80% of the battery drain. What was running?
    01-20-2017 10:29 PM
    You also need to show the app usage page - that's 80% of the battery drain. What was running?
    It's a two part post. That screenshot is in the post right above it. For some reason all 3 screenshots didn't show up in the first post so I made a second post with the third screenshot.
    01-21-2017 10:14 AM
    It's a two part post. That screenshot is in the post right above it. For some reason all 3 screenshots didn't show up in the first post so I made a second post with the third screenshot.
    Apologies - my bad.

Do you have an SD card installed? If so, have you tried removing it and seeing how the battery does? It's odd that Media Server is running so much when you aren't doing anything - a corrupt or "bad" file on an SD card can cause that (I've run into that in the past, as have others).
    01-21-2017 10:23 AM
55 123