I've seen the S7 Edge unlocked on BestBuy for a ridiculously cheaper amount than T-Mobile are selling them in store.

I'm really torn about getting one.

Just wondering if anybody on TM has had any success using an unlocked version? Does everything work as it should?

Samsung Pay?

Also what about things like Wi-Fi calling and Visual Voicemail? Any success?

Would appreciate your thoughts and help.

Thanks.
    12-20-2016 09:11 PM
    I've seen the S7 Edge unlocked on BestBuy for a ridiculously cheaper amount than T-Mobile are selling them in store.

I'm really torn about getting one.

Just wondering if anybody on TM has had any success using an unlocked version? Does everything work as it should?

Samsung Pay?

Also what about things like Wi-Fi calling and Visual Voicemail? Any success?

Would appreciate your thoughts and help.

Thanks.
    Your only issue with using unlocked is lack of updates. It's almost non existent things work fine with no carrier bloat but the trade off is the updates. I had one ended up selling it and getting a carrier version.

On T-Mobile side of things there are support forums stating only their version works for it. So unless things have changed with it I doubt it would. I have sprint I know the wifi calling wouldn't work on the unlocked version.
    12-20-2016 09:50 PM
    I'm in the uk and firmware updates seem to work in reverse here to you.

I'm using a sim free bought from Samsung , Samsung s7 edge.

Here the Networks typically hold back the firmware to test it and change things that they think may clash with their services on their network.

I get my updates faster and untouched.

I also like the idea of using a phone without any enforced Network Bloatware.
    12-21-2016 12:30 AM
    That's odd, I heard wi-fi calling works for Tmobile on the unlocked S7 edge, the US version though like BB B&H sell.

I know Verizon is a big pain though with unlocked phones such as wifi calling and such hardly ever works.

I have the unlocked V20 and have wi-fi calling with Tmobile. In the V20 unlocked US version wifi calling is a hidden feature you have to use apps such as Quickshortcut maker to find it and it works for me.

People who say Wifi calling doesn't work with the S7 Edge unlock version are they just saying it because they don't see the feature listed? If so maybe it's hidden on the unlocked version.

Funny LG hides wi-fi calling on the US996 unlocked version when on their web page for the unlocked version of the V20 they state Wi-fi calling is an avaliable feature on the unlocked v20 depending on carrier.
    12-21-2016 12:33 AM
    I'm in the uk and firmware updates seem to work in reverse here to you.

I'm using a sim free bought from Samsung , Samsung s7 edge.

Here the Networks typically hold back the firmware to test it and change things that they think may clash with their services on their network.

I get my updates faster and untouched.

I also like the idea of using a phone without any enforced Network Bloatware.
    I have unlocked US version of the V20 and this thing simply flies compared to all the carrier bloat filled Samsung's I've had.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    12-21-2016 12:33 AM
    That's odd, I heard wi-fi calling works for Tmobile on the unlocked S7 edge, the US version though like BB B&H sell.

I know Verizon is a big pain though with unlocked phones such as wifi calling and such hardly ever works.

I have the unlocked V20 and have wi-fi calling with Tmobile. In the V20 unlocked US version wifi calling is a hidden feature you have to use apps such as Quickshortcut maker to find it and it works for me.

People who say Wifi calling doesn't work with the S7 Edge unlock version are they just saying it because they don't see the feature listed? If so maybe it's hidden on the unlocked version.

Funny LG hides wi-fi calling on the US996 unlocked version when on their web page for the unlocked version of the V20 they state Wi-fi calling is an avaliable feature on the unlocked v20 depending on carrier.
    Hmmmm. Now I'm stumped.
    12-21-2016 12:35 AM