phone speaker way too quiet

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I literally cannot hear call when I listen on the phone speaker. The secondary "speaker" works fine as does a bt headset.
Any thoughts on why the regular speaker just doesn't cut it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the call volume is normal on speakerphone and wired/Bluetooth headphones, then I'd suspect a problem with the earpiece speaker. How new is the phone? If it's pretty new, bring it back to the store and ask for an exchange. If it's more than a month old, contact Samsung about warranty repair.

Does the problem persist in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So all calls have a problem?

Just to get the simplest solution out of the way, have you tried upping the volume DURING a call? You may have already tried it, but forgot to mention it.

If it's already maxed, there's only two possible problems left. Your phones speaker is problematic, or your hearing is problematic. I'd like to lean towards the phone problem for now.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
If the call volume is normal on speakerphone and wired/Bluetooth headphones, then I'd suspect a problem with the earpiece speaker. How new is the phone? If it's pretty new, bring it back to the store and ask for an exchange. If it's more than a month old, contact Samsung about warranty repair.

Does the problem persist in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

Thanks! I was hoping for a software solution.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
So all calls have a problem?

Just to get the simplest solution out of the way, have you tried upping the volume DURING a call? You may have already tried it, but forgot to mention it.

If it's already maxed, there's only two possible problems left. Your phones speaker is problematic, or your hearing is problematic. I'd like to lean towards the phone problem for now.

Lol. Very kind. My hearing is not great but I never had this problem with my Blackberries. I did try the "turn up volume" toggle in call. Thanks!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Lol. Medical tests have shown me to have better than average hearing. Usually humans can hear between 20Hz to 20000Hz. Audiometry has shown I can go as quiet as 10Hz. Lol. Excellent for my job though. So I guess my experiences regarding sound cannot be extrapolated. Lol.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well it's frequency I think. But seems to me the lower frequencies had lower volume. Though not sure. Lol. But the test is used to detect hearing loss, so probably both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12