Hello,
    I am still in the 14 day period.
    Does anyone regret moving to S7 edge?
    I am still trying to customize the S7 to get the best experience.
    There is a lot more settings and apps to deal with over the iPhone.

The one thing I cannot get to work is OK GOOGLE when phone is locked.
    12-29-2016 07:39 AM
    It seems like S Voice works when phone is locked.

I really like how I can look at email subject without having to unlock phone
    12-29-2016 07:45 AM
    Ok Google only works when the phone is locked if the phone is charging.
    12-29-2016 07:59 AM
    Ok Google only works when the phone is locked if the phone is charging.
    It has to have Data on as well I think.
    12-29-2016 08:13 AM
    The only thing I don't like is the backup and restore process as it doesn't restore app data like iOS cloud.

To use Ok Google from lock screen you need to go into the Google app settings and have it set up as your voice assistant and also I think you need to give it permission to unlock your phone when it recognises your voice so that it can fulfill your requests when used... Can't remember exactly, sorry but that's what I did when I went from my IPhone to my S7 Edge and it worked for me
    12-29-2016 08:47 AM
    Google is supposed to be used similar to iOS, but since Google isn't very strict with apps, not all apps apparently use Google to save app data. Most games do, but some apps don't.
    12-29-2016 08:55 AM
    https://support.google.com/websearch...DAndroid&hl=en

This says it should work with trusted voice. It is not working for me.
    12-29-2016 09:32 AM
    Yes, but it's locked. It will not be listening unless it was charging while locked.
    12-29-2016 09:38 AM
    I went from 6S to GS7 Edge - takes getting used to but i love this new phone!
    amyf27 likes this.
    12-29-2016 02:02 PM
    I went from the 6 Plus to the S7 Edge. The main thing I miss is the convenience of Facetime since pretty much every Apple product has it out the box. It would also be nice to be able to sync iTunes and local media on my phone through iTunes without 3rd party apps or dragging and dropping. I just started using MusicBee on the PC instead.

Other than that I love having a smaller phone and I rarely pay for apps thanks to the Amazon app store and Google opinion rewards. The iPhone and now Pixel have huge bezels and I feel that Samsung did a much better job design wise. Samsung/Android do a much better job handling bluetooth through multiple connections than Apple did/does. I could only have output to one bluetooth device on iOS like playing music in the car and then someone would call and it would be over the car stereo instead of the earbuds.

It would also be nice if Samsung could update faster, but thankfully most of the ooo and ahh features of Android 7 are already included in Touchwiz. I never used NFC or Apple pay, but I love Samsung pay! Although I don't use it regularly, it has been a lifesaver (stomach saver) when I forget my wallet at home, especially being able to use it on older terminals without tap to pay or NFC.

The SD slot on the S7E is awesome too, I can't recall how many apps, etc I had to always keep removing from my iPhone to free up space. Both have their plus and minuses, but I do not regret switching.
    kojak likes this.
    12-30-2016 03:38 AM
    I have both an iPhone 7 plus and a Samsung s7 edge and I find myself using this way more than my iPhone just my opinion. I was always iphone before I had this phone apart from a short go with a oneplus 3.
    12-30-2016 05:59 AM
    i switched from an iPhone 6 to the S7Edge when the Edge first came out. I'm soooooo happy that i made the switch. I absolutely love my Edge phone and Android OS. I am very close to getting my wife to switch from an Apple to the S8 whenever that comes out. I think i'm going to make the jump to the S8 if it's really worthy of a quicker upgrade.
    12-30-2016 05:26 PM
    I have both devices and prefer the edge over my iPhone. The screen alone make it worth it!
    12-30-2016 07:57 PM
    I switched from the iPhone 6 to the S7 edge and don't have any regrets. I like the flexibility and the options that the S7 edge and Android offer.
    12-31-2016 12:23 AM
    I guess you can say I went from Iphone to Samsung. Way back about a year ago or little longer, I turned in my work iphone 6s and started using my note 5 at the time full time. For one I hated the small iphone size, fr two it's far to restrictive, and three it's company controlled lol. Yes it was smooth and worked well, but restrictive.
    12-31-2016 05:05 AM
    I have both devices and prefer the edge over my iPhone. The screen alone make it worth it!
    I, too, have both devices. I find iPhone is a snooze in comparison.
    12-31-2016 09:04 AM
    I have both a 7 plus and S7 Edge.

Thing I hate about the Edge:
    - apps crashes way more often, a couple of times, it even restarted the phone
    - backup sucks, both Samsung and Google
    - Standby battery drains more
    - most apps don't have permission to access SD card
    - switching carriers may require changing the CSC, which wipes the phone (and the backup/restore doesn't fully save everything)
    - fingerprint sensor needs retraining more often, button scratches easily
    - no glass protector works well on curved screen

Things I like:
    - constantly on wifi, and wifi sharing
    - better screen quality
    - cheaper
    12-31-2016 12:04 PM
    I'm back on the s7 edge for now...The Camera/notification system is second to none.
    01-01-2017 04:26 PM
    I'm back on the s7 edge for now...The Camera/notification system is second to none.
    I like the notification system also.
    redbirdsfan and amyf27 like this.
    01-01-2017 05:37 PM
    I have both a 7 plus and S7 Edge.

Thing I hate about the Edge:
    - apps crashes way more often, a couple of times, it even restarted the phone
    - backup sucks, both Samsung and Google
    - Standby battery drains more
    - most apps don't have permission to access SD card
    - switching carriers may require changing the CSC, which wipes the phone (and the backup/restore doesn't fully save everything)
    - fingerprint sensor needs retraining more often, button scratches easily
    - no glass protector works well on curved screen

Things I like:
    - constantly on wifi, and wifi sharing
    - better screen quality
    - cheaper
    I don't have apps crash at all.
    Use Smart Switch to make backups.
    As for standby time, I tested my brand new unlocked Edge last week on standby alone with occasional use. I got 4.5 days standby with three hrs screen time. I wish I would have bought an unlocked carrier free Edge on release. I still like my T-Mobile version though and go up to 2 days standby.
    redbirdsfan and Jamie Wooten like this.
    01-01-2017 06:29 PM
    I have to agree not had a single app crash since I've been using this phone.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    01-03-2017 02:16 AM
    Hi
    I moved to an S7 edge 6 months ago after being an Apple disciple for years Haven't regretted it at all. Stay the course...
    01-03-2017 02:37 AM