01-16-2017 12:19 AM
65 123
tools
    The S7 Edge is a safe phone. You have a better chance of being run down in traffic.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    12-30-2016 01:22 PM
    You saw reports of the S7 Edge and iPhone but are going back to your iPhone? I guess I am failing to see how that helps the issue if you found reports of both -- so why not use the one you like? .

As others said .. Any phone technically can in the right situations. The Note 7 had more than the normal since it was an actual flaw in the design.
    I am worried about scratches with this phone. Seems no good screen protectors work. My iPhone has a glass protector and never had an issue.
    12-30-2016 01:59 PM
    I am worried about scratches with this phone. Seems no good screen protectors work. My iPhone has a glass protector and never had an issue.
    Just use the phone and enjoy it. there are a bunch of film protectors that work well on the edge. The armorsuit and the bodyguardz contour are two to name.
    12-30-2016 02:14 PM
    No. Don't return it, the S7 E is just as safe as any other phone and tens if not hundreds of times less likely to have issues than the Note 7.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    12-30-2016 09:11 PM
    Using the s7 edge since april no issues here...
    Mark8768 likes this.
    12-30-2016 09:24 PM
    My previous phone was an iPhone. I've had my S7 edge for 3 months and haven't had any problems. As others have said lithium-ion battery issues are not limited to a specific device.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    12-30-2016 09:47 PM
    No scratches on my S7E screen, micro or otherwise. I keep mine in a belt mounted holder. No screen protector, but a clear case on the back. I did get those scratches on my iPhone 6s+, though. I don't use screen protectors. If I need to, the phone is going back.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    12-31-2016 07:20 AM
    lol smh oh dear
    12-31-2016 07:50 AM
    My wife read online of several s7 edge exploding. I googled and this seems to be common with iPhone also.
    I boxed it up and reactivated my iPhone 6s plus.
    But I really enjoyed the s7 and am having second thoughts. I got it with Verizon Christmas deal, free VR and lower monthly payments.

I honestly do not know what to so, should i take a chance?

Thanks
    Don't believe everything you see on the internet

I take care of all our phones at work and we have everything from iphone to edge to moto. They all get hot now and then and we even had note 7's none of which had any issues at all. My advice is turn your edge back on put a screen protector and an otterbox commuter case on it... Enjoy !
    Dngrsone likes this.
    12-31-2016 08:22 AM
    Any device model, from any manufacturer, is prone to some kind of malfunction. It's not just Samsung - it's LG, it's Apple, it's BlackBerry - no phone is exempt; be it from an explosion, a corrupt battery, a hardware issue, etc.

With that being said, the chances of explosion are minimal, as other posters have said.
    12-31-2016 08:49 AM
    If there hasn't been a global recall of the device, then you don't have much to worry about.
    12-31-2016 09:40 AM
    Compare the chances of your phone exploding to being hit by a drunk driver, happy New Years!
    12-31-2016 04:27 PM
    I do agree about not finding a good screen protector for the S7 edge. I thought I had a good one no lifting but now 4 weeks later it's starting to lift... ugh
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-31-2016 07:31 PM
    Perspective... things more likely to kill you than your phone... any phone...

According to the CDC, in just one year, the following # of people were killed by...

• Heart disease: 614,348
    • Cancer: 591,699
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
    • Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
    • Diabetes: 76,488
    • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

Add to this list... more rare, but still very interesting...

• Spontaneous Human Combustion: 200 reported cases!

Why, just this May, the Washington Post reported that Medical mistakes could now be the 3rd leading cause of death, with a current toll of 251,000 lives per year.

Overall Deaths by Fire in 2013 - 3,240, with the leading cause of Home Structure fires being???
    The Samsung Galaxy Note 7??? Another phone???

Nope, it was Cooking Equipment...

So, the next time you're making toast, sitting in the reception area waiting to see your doctor, or going to the grocery store, you need to realize that you are in far greater danger of being hurt yourself or being a danger to society at large...

again... Perspective...

Oh! And Gorilla Glass 5 really does scratch easily... no joke... but the scratches are so light you don't really notice. I'm not using a screen protector on my Note 7 phone with Gorilla Glass 5. Gotta go now. Need to switch over the laundry in my Samsung washing machine.

Sweet Dreams.... muuuaahhhhh!!! ;-)
    shaleem likes this.
    12-31-2016 08:12 PM
    I do agree about not finding a good screen protector for the S7 edge. I thought I had a good one no lifting but now 4 weeks later it's starting to lift... ugh
    Yes! The curved edges make it difficult for screen protectors to fit properly. My Honor 8 has the same problem.
    01-01-2017 12:46 PM
    In my hierarchy of things, screen protectors slot in just above snake oil.
    shaleem, pappcam and johnriii like this.
    01-01-2017 01:41 PM
    My wife read online of several s7 edge exploding. I googled and this seems to be common with iPhone also.
    But I really enjoyed the s7 and am having second thoughts. I got it with Verizon Christmas deal, free VR and lower monthly payments.

I honestly do not know what to so, should i take a chance?

Thanks
    Where the he--l did she read that? . Ive had mine since launch and it doesn't even heat up when i charge it. 2nd best phone I've ever owned.
    01-01-2017 04:23 PM
    The way it looks now, I will keep the edge and wife will keep her iPhone 6s+
    amyf27 likes this.
    01-01-2017 05:40 PM
    Perspective... things more likely to kill you than your phone... any phone...

According to the CDC, in just one year, the following # of people were killed by...

• Heart disease: 614,348
    • Cancer: 591,699
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
    • Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
    • Diabetes: 76,488
    • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

Add to this list... more rare, but still very interesting...

• Spontaneous Human Combustion: 200 reported cases!

Why, just this May, the Washington Post reported that Medical mistakes could now be the 3rd leading cause of death, with a current toll of 251,000 lives per year.

Overall Deaths by Fire in 2013 - 3,240, with the leading cause of Home Structure fires being???
    The Samsung Galaxy Note 7??? Another phone???

Nope, it was Cooking Equipment...

So, the next time you're making toast, sitting in the reception area waiting to see your doctor, or going to the grocery store, you need to realize that you are in far greater danger of being hurt yourself or being a danger to society at large...

again... Perspective...

Oh! And Gorilla Glass 5 really does scratch easily... no joke... but the scratches are so light you don't really notice. I'm not using a screen protector on my Note 7 phone with Gorilla Glass 5. Gotta go now. Need to switch over the laundry in my Samsung washing machine.

Sweet Dreams.... muuuaahhhhh!!! ;-)
    I don't see your point.. I don't see how any of this makes it not valid to worry about a phone issue (like the Note 7)?
    amyf27 likes this.
    01-01-2017 07:42 PM
    There's no good glass protector, but the regular ones work fine. At least my HD contour from bodyguardz does. Two months later and no lifting yet. Can't say how it will change at the 6 month mark though. It's working right now.lol
    01-01-2017 08:05 PM
    Kudos to all of you who responded to this thread. I was done after this statement and thought we were getting plunked.
    ToddK likes this.
    01-01-2017 11:41 PM
    I really wanted feedback on my thoughts about keeping the S7 edge or staying with the iPhone. I am worried about the s7 after reading things like it scratches easy, if dropped the screen cracks, not being able to find a decent screen protector due to the screen curve. That being said, although I have many apple products, I do not consider myself an apple person. I use what I like. I feel that the S7 gives me a better experience using it over the iPhone right now. As with all things, that can change. But if I keep the S7, I want to try my best to keep it looking good as I am fussy. My iPhone has a nice case and glass screen protector and looks brand new after a year.
    01-02-2017 07:59 AM
    Personally I would go with the S7e, mines still pristine and I've had it since pre release.
    I've always had it in a spigen clear case, no screen protector, but I don't abuse my phone.

It's fallen a couple of times but only off the side of the sofa onto carpet.
    01-02-2017 09:07 AM
    Personally I would go with the S7e, mines still pristine and I've had it since pre release.
    I've always had it in a spigen clear case, no screen protector, but I don't abuse my phone.

It's fallen a couple of times but only off the side of the sofa onto carpet.
    Do you keep it in your pocket? I thought lint/sand in pocket could scratch screen
    01-02-2017 09:21 AM
    Do you keep it in your pocket? I thought lint/sand in pocket could scratch screen
    It doesn't go in my jeans pocket or in any pocket with anything else. I do put it in my work trousers but the are soft dress trousers.
    01-02-2017 09:28 AM
65 123