Thinking of returning S7 edge, heard about explosions

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife read online of several s7 edge exploding. I googled and this seems to be common with iPhone also.
I boxed it up and reactivated my iPhone 6s plus.
But I really enjoyed the s7 and am having second thoughts. I got it with Verizon Christmas deal, free VR and lower monthly payments.

I honestly do not know what to so, should i take a chance?

Thanks

Where the he--l did she read that? . Ive had mine since launch and it doesn't even heat up when i charge it. 2nd best phone I've ever owned.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Perspective... things more likely to kill you than your phone... any phone...

According to the CDC, in just one year, the following # of people were killed by...

• Heart disease: 614,348
• Cancer: 591,699
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
• Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
• Diabetes: 76,488
• Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

Add to this list... more rare, but still very interesting...

• Spontaneous Human Combustion: 200 reported cases!

Why, just this May, the Washington Post reported that Medical mistakes could now be the 3rd leading cause of death, with a current toll of 251,000 lives per year.

Overall Deaths by Fire in 2013 - 3,240, with the leading cause of Home Structure fires being???
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7??? Another phone???

Nope, it was Cooking Equipment...

So, the next time you're making toast, sitting in the reception area waiting to see your doctor, or going to the grocery store, you need to realize that you are in far greater danger of being hurt yourself or being a danger to society at large...

again... Perspective...

Oh! And Gorilla Glass 5 really does scratch easily... no joke... but the scratches are so light you don't really notice. I'm not using a screen protector on my Note 7 phone with Gorilla Glass 5. Gotta go now. Need to switch over the laundry in my Samsung washing machine.

Sweet Dreams.... muuuaahhhhh!!! ;-)
I don't see your point.. I don't see how any of this makes it not valid to worry about a phone issue (like the Note 7)?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I do agree about not finding a good screen protector for the S7 edge. I thought I had a good one no lifting but now 4 weeks later it's starting to lift... ugh
There's no good glass protector, but the regular ones work fine. At least my HD contour from bodyguardz does. Two months later and no lifting yet. Can't say how it will change at the 6 month mark though. It's working right now.lol

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife read online of several s7 edge exploding. I googled and this seems to be common with iPhone also.
Kudos to all of you who responded to this thread. I was done after this statement and thought we were getting plunked.

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I really wanted feedback on my thoughts about keeping the S7 edge or staying with the iPhone. I am worried about the s7 after reading things like it scratches easy, if dropped the screen cracks, not being able to find a decent screen protector due to the screen curve. That being said, although I have many apple products, I do not consider myself an apple person. I use what I like. I feel that the S7 gives me a better experience using it over the iPhone right now. As with all things, that can change. But if I keep the S7, I want to try my best to keep it looking good as I am fussy. My iPhone has a nice case and glass screen protector and looks brand new after a year.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Personally I would go with the S7e, mines still pristine and I've had it since pre release.
I've always had it in a spigen clear case, no screen protector, but I don't abuse my phone.

It's fallen a couple of times but only off the side of the sofa onto carpet.

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Personally I would go with the S7e, mines still pristine and I've had it since pre release.
I've always had it in a spigen clear case, no screen protector, but I don't abuse my phone.

It's fallen a couple of times but only off the side of the sofa onto carpet.

Do you keep it in your pocket? I thought lint/sand in pocket could scratch screen

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've had three S7 edges. All without issue or damage. Don't worry about it. Just use it and enjoy. I just picked up my third one today and replaced my Pixel with it.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had three S7 edges. All without issue or damage. Don't worry about it. Just use it and enjoy. I just picked up my third one today and replaced my Pixel with it.
What happened to the pixel?!?! Thought you loved it? Im back on my S7 edge, I know you saw my concern with the video quality on the pixel.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I did love it did sure. I didn't have any issues with mine. It was one of the best devices I have owned for sure. I switched to go back to samsung pay and a couple of other features.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I did love it did sure. I didn't have any issues with mine. It was one of the best devices I have owned for sure. I switched to go back to samsung pay and a couple of other features.
Wow I'm shocked. Yeah Samsung pay is definitely a huge feature to leave. That and the form factor of the S7 edge is so incredible for a 5.5" phone. I did love the 5" pixel screen but I started to miss the quad hd stunning screen of the S7 edge. Also peace of mind with the SD card.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
But I really enjoyed the s7 and am having second thoughts. I got it with Verizon Christmas deal, free VR and lower monthly payments.

I honestly do not know what to so, should i take a chance?

Thanks
Do whatever makes you feel better.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah any device can explode, malfunction or be defective. It's the game. It happens. I would just buy the device you feel would best suit you and give it a go.

MarkMN

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you shouldn't have a phone? Or drive a car, fly in a plane, etc. Life in general is a risk. Don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy life and all of our modern conveniences.

Mark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital