01-04-2017 08:32 AM
40 12
tools
    I currently have both devices and like both devices for certain features. Is the S7 edge still better than the V20 despite being out since mid March? Which phone would you choose?
    12-31-2016 01:29 PM
    I currently have both devices and like both devices for certain features. Is the S7 edge still better than the V20 despite being out since mid March? Which phone would you choose?
    I chose the s7e.
    12-31-2016 02:23 PM
    I would choose the S7e and Pixel XL over the V20
    12-31-2016 02:34 PM
    I would choose the S7e and Pixel XL over the V20
    Why the S7 edge over v20?
    12-31-2016 02:42 PM
    Why the S7 edge over v20?
    Just the little things nothing major mind you. The V20 is a great phone. I wish it had a screen on off button on the side of the device. I switch phones a lot......With the V20 you have to take out the battery to switch sims or take out the SD card. My S7 edge on the nougat beta is soooooo smooth and battery life is like 30 minutes longer.
    12-31-2016 02:49 PM
    I had the v20 and was not impressed with the camera
    12-31-2016 02:55 PM
    You have both devices, you are in a better position to judge.
    libra89 and Mmazeo like this.
    12-31-2016 04:55 PM
    I don't have any experience with the V20, but based on what I've read I'd probably still choose the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
    12-31-2016 06:49 PM
    Which one did you pick?
    12-31-2016 06:54 PM
    V20. It has features I prefer. 5.7 inch screen. Flat screen. ir blaster. Nougat. s7e is flashier. Prettier. If I had to pick a phone of the year it would be the Pixel but I prefer the V20.
    tadpoles and spagman like this.
    12-31-2016 07:53 PM
    Which one did you pick?
    Basically a tie. S7 edge has better battery life and AMOLED going for it. V20 has IR blaster and removable battery. Pretty much a tie when everything evens out.
    12-31-2016 09:27 PM
    I had s7 and traded it for v20. And I would any day give v20 is a far superior tag in all terms.
    tadpoles likes this.
    01-01-2017 05:35 AM
    the S7 Edge is a slick sexy phone & it's got great specs to boot. The Pixel XL is great software side, but doesn't beat it on looks department. Considering it came late in 2016 and it's roughly the same in performance to the S7 Edge, i can't vote it No.1. However those two i can happily use as my daily driver anyday.
    01-01-2017 05:58 AM
    It's all in the eyes of beholder. If replaceable battery is paramount to you, the V20 is a good choice. Beyond that, IMO, it's a pretty lackluster phone. No water resistance, not very good battery life, so-so camera, no style appeal, no amoled screen, etc. That'd all be okay if it were priced accordingly, but at the same price range as the S7E, it's a no brainer for me.
    01-01-2017 06:37 AM
    I own and use both devices. I don't believe that my S7 Edge will last as long as my still-functioning Notes 3, 4 and 4 Edge. The battery drain on the Edge is a jagged, little pill and I don't want to mince about in an attempt to find the perfect blend of apps which won't anger my S7 Edge.
    01-01-2017 08:33 AM
    Neither. S7 Edge is undeniably better than the V20 in almost every category, but I would put the iPhone 7 Plus and the Pixel XL above both of them personally.
    01-01-2017 05:56 PM
    If I had to make a choice paying full retail for a phone, I'd also say Neither. I think spec-wise the S7 Edge > V20 but my choice would be the OnePlus 3T. The specs are flagship solid and reviews show it to be a flagship performer with a clean UI, solid cameras and solid screen. Even though the Pixel may be the best Android experience and probably outperform the 3T, I just can't wrap my arms around it with the price tag.

Now if I could get any of those 3 phones for same price... S7 Edge for the better screen, camera, water resistance, design.

Neither. S7 Edge is undeniably better than the V20 in almost every category, but I would put the iPhone 7 Plus and the Pixel XL above both of them personally.
    01-01-2017 06:53 PM
    If I had to make a choice paying full retail for a phone, I'd also say Neither. I think spec-wise the S7 Edge > V20 but my choice would be the OnePlus 3T. The specs are flagship solid and reviews show it to be a flagship performer with a clean UI, solid cameras and solid screen. Even though the Pixel may be the best Android experience and probably outperform the 3T, I just can't wrap my arms around it with the price tag.

Now if I could get any of those 3 phones for same price... S7 Edge for the better screen, camera, water resistance, design.

I'd be willing to give it the nod for best value too
    01-01-2017 07:07 PM
    Pixel is a great phone, it runs smooth and great display but comes with a hefty price tag. Now if the next Pixel phone or whatever they call it comes out and it has better water resistance and micro SD slot and a always on type screen like the Galaxy or V20 I'd certainly give it a serious look for my next phone.

The Pixel is overpriced for what you get with it. The phone isn't a bad device, it simply doesn't offer enough features. If they can add these features they could give Samsung a run for their money. I would have given the Pixel XL a try though if they would have had micro SD slot and better water resistance but I'm not paying more $ than an S7 Edge just to get the latest Android and less features.
    01-01-2017 11:46 PM
    Pixel is a great phone, it runs smooth and great display but comes with a hefty price tag. Now if the next Pixel phone or whatever they call it comes out and it has better water resistance and micro SD slot and a always on type screen like the Galaxy or V20 I'd certainly give it a serious look for my next phone.

The Pixel is overpriced for what you get with it. The phone isn't a bad device, it simply doesn't offer enough features. If they can add these features they could give Samsung a run for their money. I would have given the Pixel XL a try though if they would have had micro SD slot and better water resistance but I'm not paying more $ than an S7 Edge just to get the latest Android and less features.
    Will it get water resistance? Probably. Will it get a micro sd slot? They haven't put it in a single phone for about 7 years, why start now?
    01-02-2017 03:05 AM
    The S7 edge is my personal pick for the best phone of 2016. It's the first Samsung in a while for it and I personally think it deserves it since it offers a large featureset that for the first time in a long-time, don't really feel like tacked-on gimmicks. Add in a nice design, very solid battery life and a terrific camera, it's a damn good phone. TouchWiz, while still a little polarizing to some, is still a solid improvement from past versions, and it's also the first time Samsung's skin feels usable to me.
    01-02-2017 06:56 AM
    The battery drain on the Edge is a jagged, little pill and I don't want to mince about in an attempt to find the perfect blend of apps which won't anger my S7 Edge.
    That is an issue on every Android phone. It's why developers would rather code for iOS than Android. There are so many combinations of release levels, phone architecture, user tweaks, etc on Android that it's hard to keep apps running clean on every variation.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    01-02-2017 08:39 AM
    That is an issue on every Android phone. It's why developers would rather code for iOS than Android. There are so many combinations of release levels, phone architecture, user tweaks, etc on Android that it's hard to keep apps running clean on every variation.
    That's also one of the main reasons Java is used on Android.
    01-02-2017 11:48 AM
    Just because of the Dual Edge screen, i would say the S7 Edge would be the victor. Sure the V20 has a small 2nd screen but to be quite honest i think its a gimmick. I think 2017 will be all about smartphones having less bezels and the V20 has some incredibly thin ones but they just need to remove that 2nd display and then they might be in with a chance!
    01-02-2017 01:24 PM
    Will it get water resistance probably? Will it get a micro sd slot? They haven't put it in a single phone for about 7 years, why start now?
    Imagine Apple and Google both put Micro SD card slots in their next devices! I would truly be speechless for the whole year haha. Yeah, probably close to 0% chance of it happening. The profit margin on internal store is to sweet to give up.
    01-02-2017 01:28 PM
40 12