How-to: Get a much faster and better Samsung Internet browser on your S7 Edge

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone is interested, I downloaded a new version of the Samsung Internet browser from APKMirror (Samsung Internet for Android 5.0.20-45 APK Download by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - APKMirror ). It works perfectly on the S7 Edge, and includes many improvements seen in the Note7 version of the same browser. After updating you will have to reactivate your adblock extension by physically launching it and updating the preferences. The new browser is more modern looking, has excellent performance, and is very lightweight.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
In case anyone is interested, I downloaded a new version of the Samsung Internet browser from APKMirror (Samsung Internet for Android 5.0.20-45 APK Download by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - APKMirror ). It works perfectly on the S7 Edge, and includes many improvements seen in the Note7 version of the same browser. After updating you will have to reactivate your adblock extension by physically launching it and updating the preferences. The new browser is more modern looking, has excellent performance, and is very lightweight.

I'm on T-Mobile and had this browser for a couple weeks now I believe. Thanks though

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and had this browser for a couple weeks now I believe. Thanks though

I'm curious how you managed to get this. I ask that genuinely because this browser seems to be part of the Nougat builds for the S7 Edge. Are you in the beta?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That's the same version I'm using, it came in an automatic update. I'm in the uk using an unlocked phone on EE.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious how you managed to get this. I ask that genuinely because this browser seems to be part of the Nougat builds for the S7 Edge. Are you in the beta?

It's not just part of the Nougat build. I'm on AT&T and not in the beta and got the 5.0.20-45 Internet update a couple weeks ago. It came as a regular, automatic app update.

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely fantastic browser! Adblock Fast is a good extension. I also like how you can login to websites with your fingerprint.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the update is region dependant. For example, when I was running the UAE firmware, the latest version was 4.x while now the latest version on the UK firmware is 5.x.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
It must be region dependent then because in Canada this is not available. I have an unlocked S7 Edge direct from Samsung and I cannot see this update anywhere so I thought to post it here. @sparksd I don't think there is a way to import bookmarks. I haven't found one.

needanswer

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I also installed that version and it works PERFECTLY. I saw that it can be installed on Android 4.4.x and above so I also downloaded it and installed it on my Note 3 and once again it works just fine.