SM-935S: Korean version compatibility with T-Mobile USA?

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a Korean version of the S7 Edge (model SM-935S) shipped my way. I'm on T-Mobile USA and it seems the LTE bands are fully compatible. But only the refarmed 3G bands (1900), not AWS (1700/2100) will work. I have no idea if my area (northern Virginia) has been refarmed).

Do you think I'll be missing anything? What will work and what won't? How about Samsung Pay?

Thanks!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As long as it has lte bands 4 and 12, you should be good to go (as long as you live/work in an area that has LTE). What you may miss out on with it not being t-mobile branded is wifi calling and possibly VoLTE (this would be bad if your area isn't refarmed yet)

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
As long as it has lte bands 4 and 12, you should be good to go (as long as you live/work in an area that has LTE). What you may miss out on with it not being t-mobile branded is wifi calling and possibly VoLTE (this would be bad if your area isn't refarmed yet)

Thank you. It sounds like, from asking around, that I won't be able to use WiFi Calling or Samsung Pay. I guess I can make do without as long as I have full LTE coverage. The Exynos versions of the S7E are also said to be snappier.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey