Excited about Nougat

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon beta and have had absolutely no problems at all. It's smooth, it has improved my battery life more than any update ever has (they often decrease in fact).

I've been saying all along I think you'll get it sooner than later. I haven't changed my mind.

That has been my experience too on Nougat Beta. It is the best beta ever....incredibly smooth and the battery on my S7e has been a lot better with the Nougat beta....

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm gutted I missed out on the Beta, I actually signed up but due to Laptop problems I was unable to back up my phone. Can anyone who is using the Beta say if the camera interface is better.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it's going to be pretty dang solid.

Been hearing from beta testers that it seems to improve daily performance and helps with battery life.

nickjacques209

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
I've had Nougat on my MOTO Z FORCE for some time now. I dig it. It's smooth. I've actually tried everything I can to find the flaws, but it's putting up a fight. If I could just [Root] this pig, I'd be completely content.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's going to be pretty dang solid.

Been hearing from beta testers that it seems to improve daily performance and helps with battery life.

So far, the battery life is so vastly superior to Marshmallow...of course, I have to admit, it's not quite an A- to A comparison as I'm used different phones on those OS versions.

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I had a update this morning. It seemed a pretty major install process though I think it was only 300mb. Can't see anything about it in the software stats like security update etc.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I had a update this morning. It seemed a pretty major install process though I think it was only 300mb. Can't see anything about it in the software stats like security update etc.

Just checked and I have this. Is your android version still 6.0.1?

Attachments

• 193261.jpg
    193261.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 114

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I know this is silly but this was one of the best features for me. Non white notification icons in the notification bar for third party text and email apps, will this make a comeback with nougat? TIA

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Whats the Security patch level? Mine says December 1st although I got an update around 300MB christmas week. I am on the Nougat beta.

Non Nougat Edge shows November 1 security patch level and I'm on T-Mobile.
When I first starting running beta about a month ago, I was on December security patch on MM. Once on beta, I was back to November shortly. I am on T-mobile as well.

Last edited:

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Security patch is dated 1st December. Baseband is BPK6 but as to whether that makes any difference I'm not sure.
When I first starting running beta about a month ago, I was on December security patch on MM. Once on beta, I was back to November shortly. I am on two as well.

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Android Authority are reporting that Baseband Build G935FXXU1DPLR is receiving Nougat as part of a soak test. Wish that was me!

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it was the December patch, quite large though.

One thing I've noticed so far, when you take the device off charge the screen no longer wakes up.