Those of you with multiple phones

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I have 3 phones with one sim. I just pop the sim out of one and out into the the other. Just always have to remember to sign out of iMessage when switching from my 7+ to an android phone.
Same. I just don't even activate iMessage anymore when using my iPhone.

Switching SIMs is a pain in the behind I think. I have S7 Edge and pixel XL. WhatsApp is a pain as you have to activate every single time.
Yeah, this with LINE too. Kind of annoying, but I like having the freedom to change phones.

I love this thread by the way. I have texts all over my phones. Thankfully, they all use one cloud photo backup solution and the rest of the apps are generally the same across the platforms and no activation required.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 dual sim phones, Moto G4 Plus and Lumia.I have my primary sim in my Android and a different sim in my Lumia.The second sim was one my son used in this city while in high school though in a different phone (he was a minor and wasn't allowed a mobile connection in his name).I like my Lumia a lot so I have kept that 3G sim in my Lumia and use it at times.

csiguy1

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I have a line on ATT and one VZ to have complete coverage. I am a road salesman and there are times where one will drop in an area so I just pick up
the other line and get thru. Also I mostly use one line as business and the other for personal unless I get into a weak area of coverage. If I ever change
jobs, I would likely go back to one line.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use my phones as pocket computers. I rarely make or receive phone calls. Because of that I would love to have at least 2 lines. I'd like to always have the latest iPhone & fav Android phone connected. I like variety.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to always have the latest iPhone & fav Android phone connected. I like variety.
In my opinion, that's really fun to have. I didn't get this before last year but whoa it's nice to have the choice and enjoy both. I only have one line though so I just switch the SIM. Not enough of a boss to have two...but also having two would probably confuse me anyway since I do text and make and receive phone calls. Texting more so though.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Those with two or more phones, curious how often you switch them out. I just got a Note 5 the other day and have been preferring it over my 7Edge. I swap the sim between the two phones.

I've got 4 phones. S7E was my daily driver. I fell for the hype and Got a pixel. They suck. Went back to my S7E. Then I tried the ZTE axon 7 mini for the great audio. I liked it so much, I bought the axon7. It's a remarkable device especially if you're an audiophile. It's now my daily driver.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've got 4 phones. S7E was my daily driver. I fell for the hype and Got a pixel. They suck. Went back to my S7E. Then I tried the ZTE axon 7 mini for the great audio. I liked it so much, I bought the axon7. It's a remarkable device especially if you're an audiophile. It's now my daily driver.

Do you frequently sim swap between those?

jimmiri

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
I switch between iPhone 7 and Samsung S7.
The biggest problem is transferring the music I downloaded from Apple Music to the Android device.
I need to convert those DRM-ed Apple Music files to plain MP3 files (with Apple Music Converter) at the first place and then copy them to S7.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am definitely on my Note 5 more, even with the battery seeming to die down quicker than the 7edge, I just love the screen size and spen

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Those with two or more phones, curious how often you switch them out. I just got a Note 5 the other day and have been preferring it over my 7Edge. I swap the sim between the two phones.

Thats a good question!
I normally switch on a daily basis.
Using the one device for all my texting, emails and occasional calls. While the other is used for watching videos, gaming and browsing the web. (bigger screen) but to be honest it sometimes becomes a hassle. The reason i say that is because i keep having to charge 2 devices and i only have 1 working charger lol. (if you have them charging together I'm sure that would be fine)

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an extra note 5 as my back up phone. I'll only use it if something happens to my s7 and I have to send it in. When the note 7 debacle happened I just popped my sims card into my note 5 until I got another phone. Everything worked the same.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have two phones. I have a Pixel XL and a Galaxy S7 edge. Thanks to T-Mobile I now have a duplicate sim for my main number using the Digits service. No more sim swapping.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have two phones. I have a Pixel XL and a Galaxy S7 edge. Thanks to T-Mobile I now have a duplicate sim for my main number using the Digits service. No more sim swapping.
Hmm I've never heard of that what do they charge for a duplicate sim and how does it work?

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I've never heard of that what do they charge for a duplicate sim and how does it work?

Right now it's in public beta so it's free. No idea what the cost will be when the beta is over. But it's nice to have my unlimited data on two phones. What's even better is that Digits is built into the S7 Edge so if I send a text on the Pixel it syncs back to the Edge (doesn't happen the other way though). S7 also allows for virtual lines. So I have a second phone line that I use for work on my Edge as well all with native support.

Edit: They essentially put a dummy number on a SIM card and then you link your real number via the Digits portal to that dummy number and sim. Now it basically acts like your primary number for calls, texts, data...

Edit 2: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....t-mobile.com%2Fdigits-landing&token=fxSa297d

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888