Those of you with multiple phones

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Those with two or more phones, curious how often you switch them out. I just got a Note 5 the other day and have been preferring it over my 7Edge. I swap the sim between the two phones.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I use two on a daily basis, two different SIMs, two different Google accounts. Aside from that I have two other phones that I cycle in but I tend to try to stick with the same two as much as possible.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So you have a separate line for the 2nd phone (2 sims)? Did you get a free line promo through your carrier? Just curious.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, to separate lines, I use one for work and one for personal just to keep everything separate. I do a lot of Google searches for work that I don't want screwing up my personalized Google stuff.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 phones with one sim. I just pop the sim out of one and out into the the other. Just always have to remember to sign out of iMessage when switching from my 7+ to an android phone.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Those with two or more phones, curious how often you switch them out. I just got a Note 5 the other day and have been preferring it over my 7Edge. I swap the sim between the two phones.

I have three phones one my personal line and the other a work line. So i always have 2 phones on days i am working. Personal easy swap of sims

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I can't break free of iPhone for essential apps and features. And 6s+ gets to be too heavy.
Prefer to use Android, lately a BlackBerry DTEK60.
Picked up BLU from Amazon $99 as backup, plus has two SIM slots along with SD.
Instead of swapping Sim around thinking of 2nd mobile carrier.
Also mobile coverage can be an issue. And 2nd line offers insurance to use for 2FA. Email and ph# not used for anything else.
I had phone overheat refuse to work that was 4 days old and realized I need something - was going to take ATT their sweet time to get replacement phone.
So much for paying insurance and customer loyalty or that they had always shipped FedEx overnight on all my phones.

So yes I do recommend a 2nd phone even El cheapo. And maybe spare Sim card you can activate if need be.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

I use 3 phones daily...main phone lumia 950 2nd S7 edge and iphone 5...now iam selling lumia 950 and s7 edge...and getting Axon 7 6gb ram and 128gb...will wait for s8 or Nokia phone launch...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use two on a daily basis, two different SIMs, two different Google accounts. Aside from that I have two other phones that I cycle in but I tend to try to stick with the same two as much as possible.

That is so cool! You are the best!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Switching SIMs is a pain in the behind I think. I have S7 Edge and pixel XL. WhatsApp is a pain as you have to activate every single time.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could swap sims between my Note 3 and V20. The V20 is better in every way but I like variety. I know I go from one to the other with a phone call but I never really do it. I have an ATT iPhone 6 but turned off ATT service so it's a wifi only device just like my razr maxx hd.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Switching SIMs is a pain in the behind I think. I have S7 Edge and pixel XL. WhatsApp is a pain as you have to activate every single time.

Which device do you like better ?
Please don't ask me that question lol. So tough to answer and that's because they both are awesome in their own way.

If I had to pick, I'll take S7 Edge. I have the Carol blue and that thing is just so well designed. It looks amazing and it feels amazing in the hand. I don't use cases on my phones.

But Pixel XL is a fantastic phone as well, I guess that's why I have both and can't get myself to sell one of them.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have four phones, 4 lines but use only one as my main to get calls/texts on. I use two S7 Edge phones, Note 5 and the fourth sim sometimes goes in a Note 4, Note Edge, iPhone 6+/6S/6S+/5S.

Obviously I don't need four lines, I just got them way back when I used to have two lines for $100. They then offered four lines for $120 so I switched to that since I always kept my old phones and still liked using them.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Please don't ask me that question lol. So tough to answer and that's because they both are awesome in their own way.

If I had to pick, I'll take S7 Edge. I have the Carol blue and that thing is just so well designed. It looks amazing and it feels amazing in the hand. I don't use cases on my phones.

But Pixel XL is a fantastic phone as well, I guess that's why I have both and can't get myself to sell one of them.
I always notice you calling your phone Carol Blue. Is that some special edition thing? Or are you mispelling coral blue? But it has been consistently 'carol' whenever I see your posts.

d7e301563f433ed324fc3d4cf8620227.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the coral blue s7 edge through Tmobile, and a black (front is dark might blue) Note 5 from Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith