Is it possible to turn off bluetooth auto connect? At my job i have connected to several bluetooth devices which are saved. When i walk past an active bt device i have saved and are connected to the one im using it connects to the one im not using..?
    01-04-2017 03:25 PM
    I don't think there is other than un-pairing the devices. However, it shouldn't disconnect from the active device even if a paired device comes in range, as long as there IS an active BT connection to said device.
    01-04-2017 04:12 PM
    I have the same problem. I have two Bluetooth speakers in different rooms. If I disconnect from the Phillips one, and connect to the UE in the other room, it automatically reconnects to the Phillips, even if I'm closer to the other one. I have to manually power off to use the UE. It has some strange preference for the one speaker.
    01-05-2017 02:40 PM
    Its really annoying. As soon as i get near another paired device it connects to that one.
    01-09-2017 02:15 PM
    01-09-2017 02:20 PM
    Oh I figured out how to stop it from switching connection.

In the swipedown on the right hand side there is an Audio Path toggle. If you choose which device to connect to from there, then it doesn't switch away when you are near another device.

It's been working week for me since doing it this way. I used to switch directly from the Bluetooth menu.
    Hopefully this works for you.
    sparksd likes this.
    01-09-2017 03:27 PM
    Oh I figured out how to stop it from switching connection.

In the swipedown on the right hand side there is an Audio Path toggle. If you choose which device to connect to from there, then it doesn't switch away when you are near another device.

It's been working week for me since doing it this way. I used to switch directly from the Bluetooth menu.
    Hopefully this works for you.
    It may seem obvious but it's worth noting that the Audio Path toggle is only displayed when an additional audio path is actually available (I looked for it and couldn't see it until I turned on my Bluetooth earbuds). Thanks for pointing this out as I hadn't noticed it before.
    01-09-2017 05:18 PM