Phone is staying awake according to my stats, this is my 3rd 7 Edge (warranty exchanges), have about 10 3rd party apps and I know they aren't the culprit. I've factory reset and downloaded nothing or changed settings and the same thing happened. Please help.
    01-05-2017 07:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is it actually impacting your battery life, or is it just something you noticed in the Battery menu?
    01-05-2017 08:40 PM
    It is impacting my battery. I originally noticed it overnight. I used to lose about 3-4% over an 8 hour period overnight. Now I'm down about 15% overnight. Just yesterday my phone was down to 6% and drained to 0 in less than 5 minutes. Funny thing is this, in safe mode the phone is fine, when I reboot in regular mode it starts staying awake again, without any 3rd party apps or settings changes. That's why I now know it isn't a 3rd party app causing this. But I have no clue what it could be. See attached screenshots from yesterday's GSAM stats. My wife has the same phone and doesn't have this issue, and she has 100+ apps.Attachment 249650
    Attached Thumbnails Android System Staying Awake-screenshot_20170105-194354.jpg  
    01-06-2017 08:40 AM
    More screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Android System Staying Awake-screenshot_20170105-194159.jpg  
    01-06-2017 08:42 AM
    "Funny thing is this, in safe mode the phone is fine, when I reboot in regular mode it starts staying awake again, without any 3rd party apps or settings changes. That's why I now know it isn't a 3rd party app causing this."

Actually, it's just the opposite - the fact that in safe mode you're ok and in regular mode you're not means you have an app that's causing the system to stay awake.

I've dealt with these issues before. Previously, the CVS app was causing a permanent android system wakelock on my wife's phone because of a Bluetooth call it kept making - deleting the app caused the android system wakelock to end and go back to normal.

I just had a similar issue on my S7 Edge (android system being awake pretty much 100% of the time) from what I believe was inadvertently blocking system updates through Package Disabler Pro. I re-enabled all of my disabled programs, installed a system update, disabled everything again, and I no longer have the android system wakelock.

I would test by removing each app individually and seeing what happens.
    01-06-2017 11:52 AM
    Sorry I should have clarified. When I reboot out of safe mode, the problem begins, without having any 3rd party apps installed. I tried it the 2nd time I factory reset. I factory reset, set up phone, left everything on (nfc, location, etc) and didn't download any apps for a whole day. Still had the awake issue. That's how I know it wasn't any 3rd party apps.
    01-06-2017 01:32 PM
    Couple of things to note:
    1) Always On display avoids Doze, disabling it will definitely boost up battery and
    2) Give it 3-5 days after a reset for the apps to settle down. Once the background app saving feature kicks in, battery life definitely improves
    3) Check if Nearby Device Scanning is On, turning it off helps battery too
    01-06-2017 07:37 PM
    I'll have to try that but I already tried disabling AOD but it barely affected my battery life so I leave it on (most of the time my phone is in my pocket so it's off anyways, and I have it set to where it is off while I sleep, 10pm-7am to be exact). Weird thing was this never happened with my first Edge. Had it 9 months before this happened and it wasn't because of an update.
    01-06-2017 08:56 PM
    I haven't seen a drastic improvement in battery life after disabling aod but disabling certainly gives a much better standby. After flashing a new ROM on my S7E, I was getting at most 3.5 to 4 hours SOT on moderate to heavy use but after a week I can easily get 5+ hours after heavy use.
    01-07-2017 12:50 AM
    Yeah I don't know how to flash a new ROM so I'll have to just wait it out and see if an update fixes it.
    01-07-2017 08:16 PM
    Yeah I don't know how to flash a new ROM so I'll have to just wait it out and see if an update fixes it.
    By flashing a new rom means more or less the same as resetting your phone and starting fresh (at least to most users). I flashed a different country ROM to get latest updates. What I meant was it usually takes 4-5 days for the battery and os to settle down.
    01-08-2017 12:13 PM