So I had my phone on repair for the speaker. They repaired it and now it works. I got it back 4 days ago. And apparently (i dont know if this is important for battery) they installed a firmware for Poland on my phone, even though I am not from Poland, but anyways I have it set to my language and all is good.

The thing is, I am not sure how my battery is doing. I was right now on my phone searching for this on the internet (i was using the internet app) and it drained my phone from 53% to 44% in just maybe 15-20 minutes. Is that normal? I think that yesterday or the day before yesterday I had like 4 hours of SOT... When I am reading on the web people are averaging like 6 to even 8 hours. What is even more frustrating for me is that all of those people who get around 7 hours of SOT say that they are heavy users, playing games all day, snapchating, facebooking etc. and they have around 20-30% left by bedtime... Now comparing to my phone either they go to bed at 6 o'clock or my phone is bad. Because at 9 pm i have maybe like 10%. And moreso those people that report 7 hrs of SOT and are saying they are heavye users, they also say that they have Location, Data, Wifi, Sync, NFC, Bluetooth ALWAYS turned on. Me, never have Sync, NFC or Blutetooth on, because i dont need it. I only use Data, Wifi and Location, but i dont have them on all the time, I only turn them on when i need it. For example, if I have avaliable Wifi, I will connect to the wifi and my data wont be turned on. If i want to use google maps, i will turn on data and location, but once i arrive to where i need to, i will turn both off as i do not need them.

So tell me is something wrong with my battery? It is 3 pm now and i am already on 44%. I was home all day, so I did use the phone a bit more, always on Wifi, but i think i didnt use it that much. Could it be the new poland firmware? Cause i think they didnt change my battery in repair. Or is all normal? Or should i give it a few more days, since the phone was factory reset and maybe needs to learn my usage patterns? But shouldn't the phone learn that already? Its been 4 days...And how the heck do i get 7hrs of SOT and 25-30% of battery left when its 9 pm...?

Please please help me solve this.. Tell me nothing is wrong with my phone. I don't want to send it back for repair, because they already had my phone for almost 2 months and I just want to use it finnally as i really like it.
    01-09-2017 08:01 AM
    Battery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-screenshot_20170109-150137.jpgBattery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-screenshot_20170109-150142.jpgBattery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-screenshot_20170109-150152.jpgBattery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-screenshot_20170109-150205.jpgBattery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-screenshot_20170109-150210.jpgBattery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-screenshot_20170109-150221.jpgBattery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-screenshot_20170109-150228.jpg

Here are also some screen shots
    01-09-2017 08:06 AM
    Just stop believing what 'everyone' is saying about their battery life. I'm happy when I get around 4-5 hours SOT, but that's just my situation.
    01-09-2017 09:04 AM
    Everyone has different use of the phone. I get around 4,5 hours of SOT in almost 2 days. Sync on, wifi on, 4G on. Auto brightness. No AOD.
    01-09-2017 09:21 AM
    Your battery usage looks pretty good to me. 3.25 hours of usage on 57% of the battery equates to almost 6 hours of SOT. Also, you were playing games and your cell signal is terrible, so I'd say your phone is operating as expected.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    01-09-2017 02:55 PM
    Ok. Thanks for kind and comforting replies.
    And is android OS and system usage ok? I heard it should be under 10% and mine was 16%
    Right now after i recharged it (im on 90% battery) my android system shows 20%. And i saw on forums that people downgraded to march update because it was better. Is that neccessary for me? And do you think it will get better when Nougat comes out?
    01-09-2017 04:35 PM
    Oh and i also remember that befors repair when i had my phone fully charged it estimated it will last for 30hrs. Right now at 90% it estimated it will last for 12hrs. Is that bad or..?
    01-09-2017 04:37 PM
    Oh and also I know my cell reception is awful. And i dont know why. I am at the best operator in the country with most coverge and I am currently in the 2nd largest city in the country... So idk why the reception is so low... Could that do anything with the polish firmware they installed on my phone instead of a firmware for my country?
    01-09-2017 04:45 PM
    Oh and i also remember that befors repair when i had my phone fully charged it estimated it will last for 30hrs. Right now at 90% it estimated it will last for 12hrs. Is that bad or..?
    It estimates based on an average of the previous 7 days' usage. So it'll read differently.

Your usage looks perfectly fine, as stated you'll get 6hours SOT with what you're doing and that's pretty decent.
    01-09-2017 04:45 PM
    Ok thanks lammy.

Anyone knows about reception maybe? Could the cause be polish firmware or am i maybe just in some i dont know hard to reach spot even though I am in city centre
    01-10-2017 02:15 AM
    Oh and also how much should AOD and night clock drain your battery? And how much should it drain overnight? I have aod always on and night clock from 1am to 5am. And today i slept from 1am to 9am and i think it drained my battery from 81% to 73% i think.
    01-10-2017 03:28 AM
    And right now i am at 53% battery with 2hrs 55min of SOT. And Android system is right after SOT in the list with 19%. Then its internet and Facebook and then android OS at 6%.
    Everything looking good? Or is maybe andorid system still too high? If it is, is there anythinf else i can do to lower it besides downgrade?
    01-10-2017 03:44 AM
    Be happy. At 2 hours 55 minutes of SOT, I would be under 10% or completely off. My battery life is about half of what it was with the Note 7. The only difference I can see is that the N7 cell reception numbers were significantly better in the exact same places. Extremely disappointed.
    01-10-2017 09:03 AM
    Which phone do you have now? S7 edge?
    I guess it totaly vary from time time. Like right now i have 68% battery left, total time usage is 3hrs 45 minutes and i have only 1hr 34minutes of SOT. Meaning that i dropped 32% in almost 4 hrs, 1 and a half hrs was screen on time. So this time i will probably only get 4hrs of sot in total. Yet yestrday i had almost 6hry with 10% left.

I guess it depends on what you do with the phone. If you hardcore surf the web, click a lot of stuff play some games and click some more it drains more than if you just watch a youtube video where you dont click that much. Or i noticed that FB and snapchat take a lot of battery. And when i search forum and write stuff amd have multiple tabs open and change beetween them it also drains quite quickly. Like right now i was on the forums for about half an hour typing and doing some screenshots and editing them and posting them and my phone got pretty hot and it drained from around 78% to 67% which is something i guess. I use internet stock app from samsung btw.

And i also noticed that it drains from 100% to 90% very quickly then from 90% to 50% it drains a bit slower, than from 50% down even slower. I dont know the reason for this but i just noticed.
    01-10-2017 01:51 PM
    This isn't entirely relevant to the OP, but this is why I ditched the S7E. Somedays I'd get 4+hrs SOT, and go to bed having been off the charger for 16hrs with 25-35% left. On others I'd get the same, but with barely 2hrs SOT. Then sometimes I'd be down to 10% by 9pm with 2-3hrs SOT. It was so sporadic, I never had confidence in the battery, even though it often performed admirably. My day-to-day is fairly consistent, so there was no real reason for the big highs and lows, and the apps I use are fairly steady.

I'm not a screen/power junkie, but battery life/consistency is pretty important, so now I use the Moto X play, which gives me 28-30hrs off the charger with 6-9hrs SOT.
    01-11-2017 06:34 AM
    01-11-2017 08:35 AM
    I guess it does have highs and lows. Today for example i unplugged my phone at 00.30am and went to sleep. Woke up at 7am and had 95% left. So 5% drain overnight with nightclock on.
    And atm its 17.40am and i have only 23% left with 4hrs 30 min SOT and total usage Of 17hrs.

Few days ago it was the same but i had 6hrs SOT and 10% left but it was already 20.00.

I dont know why it changes so drastically. And sometimes i have a feeling i just go on internet for few minutes and boom 2% drain other times its not even 1%.

But i guess i am just paranoid. Id say its pretty okay, it could be better though like other ppl report. 7hrs sot with 25% left. That would be awesome. And with finishing this post i already have 1% drain (22% left)
    01-11-2017 10:43 AM
    Your erratic battery usage could be on account of a rogue app. Unfortunately, many app processes get hidden in Android System, so it's impossible to tell what's consuming the most power. A device reset may help.
    01-12-2017 02:28 PM
    So you also think I have bad battery life, bad sot? Whats yours if i may ask and which phone do you have?

Oh and i got my phone back last week and before doing anything to it i did a factory reset and then restored my back up onto it. So its probably not a rogue app.

And i just found an old screenshot from September when i got the phone. I had 1 day and 1hf of total time usage (it lasted from 8 pm to 9pm the next day) and i had 6hrs of sot. Then not long aftet that screenshot i took it in for repair. And got it back last week. I dont know what updates came out in this time or maybe in the repair they did sth to battery or maybe its the polish firmware they installed. Idk but i think I should have a better sot and battery life in general. Like everybody else. And im afraid if i send it in for repair again they will just have for a month and send it back saying the battery is ok or that they replaced it when they really didnt. Cause they already did this. They said they replaced the broken part and they didnt so i had to argue with them and stuff. Really frustrating and really stupid.
    01-12-2017 03:48 PM

These are my battery usage screenshots from earlier today. Even though the SOT shows ~6 hours, most of it was due to reading articles on the stock Internet app along with forums, all this on LTE/Wi-Fi. I'm sure gaming would have depleted battery a lot sooner.
    01-15-2017 05:58 PM
    Battery issues fixed with Nougat
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-2260.jpg  
    01-20-2017 11:43 AM
    Some more battery stats...got another update on Nougat today with performance improvements...
    Battery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-screenshot_20170207-215832.jpg
    02-07-2017 09:12 PM
    I got an update yesterday which seems to have improved my battery life also. Out of interest does anyone know what always on display shows up as on battery stats and GSAM
    02-08-2017 04:55 AM
    Ok thanks lammy.

Anyone knows about reception maybe? Could the cause be polish firmware or am i maybe just in some i dont know hard to reach spot even though I am in city centre
    ROTFLMAO, you don't know how to take 'it's fine' for an answer, do you?
    02-10-2017 11:27 AM
    I got an update yesterday which seems to have improved my battery life also. Out of interest does anyone know what always on display shows up as on battery stats and GSAM
    System with the Nougat N logo
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life - please help me, I'm so frustrated-220592.jpg  
    02-10-2017 01:00 PM